Author Topic: HTC, can you share the survey results?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
HTC, can you share the survey results?
« on: April 19, 2002, 12:44:01 AM »
We've been taking these surveys every now and then when we log on.  (Do you attand airshows, build model airplanes, etc.)  Just for yucks are you ever going to let us know what you have learned from them?  Just who the heck are we?!

eskimo

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 08:20:04 AM »
Eskimo, you're a vulch junkie that's way too good at killing other people in the chog. :p

How about giving it a break every now and then so the rest of us could catch up?  I suggest learning the piano.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 09:14:55 AM »
No

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 09:21:07 AM »
Is that No as in maybe?

So there is a chance?!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 09:27:47 AM by hblair »

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 09:37:45 AM »
To elaborate on HT's poignant answer, the reason we don't share the results is because we collect this information for more than just curiosity's sake.  It's valuable information that we can use to help make marketing and other decisions.  That's not something we want to go through the trouble of collecting just to give away.

Thanks for taking the polls though.  We do have plans to use them for more fun things in the future such as voting on planes, etc.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 09:44:34 AM »
Seriously, as much as I enjoy those prolixic answers from HT he might want to spend less effort composing in-depth replies.  I'm sure it detracts form available coding time.

In the future, a simple 0 will do.

:D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 09:52:34 AM by Puck »
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 10:33:48 AM »
In the future, a simple 0 will do.

roflmao :)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2002, 10:45:23 AM »
Pyro,

Given your statement about the poll data you are getting, for me those polls just became as annoying and invasive as having someone calling my home to ask me a few quick questions.

I much prefer the open polls used by most of the other online companies where after you click, you get to see the results and find out how your opinion compares to everyone else. I think that is more fair since at least I get useful information in return for taking the time to read the question and provide information.

I understand you wouldn't want the competition to benefit from your research, but I don't believe public surveys should be private marketing tools.

If your company feels the information I provide to you for free cannot be shared freely, then I feel I should not provide it for free. In the future I won't bother to answer the poll questions any more unless they are of direct interest to me (i.e. aircraft type polls). I don't intentionally ever give any other companies free marketing info, why should I treat HTC any differently?

I love AH and started paying for it as soon as I was sure I could afford it. These days I barely have time to play at all, but I keep paying anyway to do my part to help make sure development continues. I also tell as many friends as possible about it, which in my opinion is the best marketing result you  could hope for.

I have never been a big fan of sales/marketing strategies and the people who dream them up or make them happen. Of course I know I am living in fantasy land if I believe the notion that a good product will sell itself, but I find our world in a sad state given all the companies that are tracking our names, phone numbers, zip codes, preferences, etc. so that they can figure out how to make more money.

Could you provide an option to disable the poll dialog box? It would be one less piece of markteting clutter in my life.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2002, 11:13:48 AM »
holy crap streakeagle, that is the stupidest whine ever for this BBS.

...and that is saying a WHOLE lot.

get over it and click the freakin decline button.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2002, 11:20:23 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
holy crap streakeagle, that is the stupidest whine ever for this BBS.

...and that is saying a WHOLE lot.

get over it and click the freakin decline button.

Agree, canidate for Rude weekly?????

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2002, 11:24:48 AM »
Help, I'm strung way to tight.

Offline Morsa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2002, 11:32:54 AM »
Olé !!!!.

If I were english speaker, I wouldn't express myself better than that.
I have always answered the polls, but this laconic:

NO

nevertheless the afterwards Pyro explanations,
had shocked my good mood to the matter.

Originally posted by streakeagle
Pyro,

Given your statement about the poll data you are getting, for me those polls just became as annoying and invasive as having someone calling my home to ask me a few quick questions.

I much prefer the open polls used by most of the other online companies where after you click, you get to see the results and find out how your opinion compares to everyone else. I think that is more fair since at least I get useful information in return for taking the time to read the question and provide information.

I understand you wouldn't want the competition to benefit from your research, but I don't believe public surveys should be private marketing tools.

If your company feels the information I provide to you for free cannot be shared freely, then I feel I should not provide it for free. In the future I won't bother to answer the poll questions any more unless they are of direct interest to me (i.e. aircraft type polls). I don't intentionally ever give any other companies free marketing info, why should I treat HTC any differently?

I love AH and started paying for it as soon as I was sure I could afford it. These days I barely have time to play at all, but I keep paying anyway to do my part to help make sure development continues. I also tell as many friends as possible about it, which in my opinion is the best marketing result you  could hope for.

I have never been a big fan of sales/marketing strategies and the people who dream them up or make them happen. Of course I know I am living in fantasy land if I believe the notion that a good product will sell itself, but I find our world in a sad state given all the companies that are tracking our names, phone numbers, zip codes, preferences, etc. so that they can figure out how to make more money.

Could you provide an option to disable the poll dialog box? It would be one less piece of markteting clutter in my life.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2002, 11:54:12 AM »
You guys want results? Ok, here we go...

"We have discovered there are five distinctly different groups of players. For your convenience we have broken them down for your perusal.

Category 1: "The Generals". These are the folks that honestly believe the game was designed around themselves personally as the central figure in the play. These are the folks that expect folks to log in and fall in line with whatever Napoleonic conquest they have planned for the evening. To the General, there can be no fun without a crushing victory. The General is equally enthralled by playing board games such as chess or backgammon.

Category 2: "The Melee's". These folks want action, the faster the better. Even a 2-minute flight to the fight is is a minute and fifty-eight seconds too slow. High on the agenda of the Melee' player is airborne starts over the spot of the last death. No reason to let that guy that just whacked you get away...

Category 3: "The Whiner". As the name suggests, nothing is ever right. No matter what is done it is done wrong, no matter what volunteers do they screw up, no matter what addition to the plane set it is the wrong one or the wrong color, etc. The Whiner can be distinguished from the Pragmatist in that the Whiner's comment is always stated negatively and will never have an attainable goal. The Whiner pines for unreasonable features or additions despite the obvious detraction from the overall project or resources.

Category 4: "The Muckrakers". In short, chaos is their bag. They are here to be asocial, period. Not much more to be said, except they are often the pawns of the other categories at some times, and manipulate the other categories at other times.

Category 5: "The Pragmatists". These are the people that understand this is a game, and accept whatever situation exists. They may see problems in the game, but by-and-large they understand that very few problems are show-stoppers, and witness the growing popularity of the sim as an indication of the overall wisdom of whatever approach is currently utilized. The Pragmatist may have the occasional suggestion, but there are no demands made.

As you may guess, we are working hard to gather as much demographic information as we can in order to help us better serve you."

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2002, 12:12:42 PM »
I think you should pay me for reading your anal post,Strike. It cost me 17 seconds of my time, and as I’m off work, that’s double time and a half.

Course, a less than savvy BBS reader with a hint of ‘obvious’ skills, would conclude your wasting 10 minutes (more pry) of your time posting that pitiful whine, which would be some 75 polls you’d just have to answer with a “quick click” to help the AH community and HTC for simple data to better the product.

Kind of spells out just how you valuable your “time” , is respectively, don’t it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2002, 12:23:11 PM by Creamo »

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2002, 12:19:42 PM »
If you don't wish to answer, mark the box that says "I don't wish to answer."  That's what it's there for.