Author Topic: Is A Bomber Ruining Your Day?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Is A Bomber Ruining Your Day?
« on: April 17, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Then get in your pretty little fighter plane and shoot the damned thing down.

I do not need to hear any crap about super guns and laser bombsights either, I read all the crying in the other threads.

Almost every time a pilot takes the time to set me up he wins.

Almost every time 2 attack at the same time they win.

I have been bombing from 10 to 15K for several tours thus making the fighter guys job easier and still some cry.

Well I am going back to 20-28K, I land more missions from those altitudes.

If you want your furball hangers come on up and protect them.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »
I don't fly bombers Sunchaser, but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

And I've seen you below 15k on many occasions.  Above on a few.

<S> to you and those like you.  <finger> to those that don't make an effort to stop you but still whine endlessly about your presence.

AKDejaVu

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Preach on brother Sun!!!

Why doncha come on over to Bishland fer a bit and I will join ya.  We can fly over knitland and kill lazs hangars.  

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
25-28k should be the alt at which any bomber flies. Any buff not going to those alts is meat for any 20k fighter (which gets there in a minute or so).

You know how I feel about turbolaser, so I'll spare you    BTW, go the the BUFF WAVE thread, you may like what I suggest.  

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
Well said Sunchaser, why should you have to fly at below 15k just to make it easy on someone else at the expense of your enjoyment.

I apologise to those other than Lazs I might have offended in the other posts about buffs, I have tried reasoning with him in other posts and he won't even listen to the other side of the argument so I lost the will to make a resonable debate with him this time and unfortunately may have tarred a few people with the same brush in the process, for that I am sorry but it bothers me that HTC might listen to his arcade appraoch and ruin the sim for the majority.

There are many things that can be done to increase the realism for buffs but this is equally matched for fighters also as only the blinkered cannot see the concessions made to BOTH sides for the sake of gameplay. One day when the numbers are sufficient we perhaps will be able to run a historical arena and try some of the good suggestions that have come out of all this...I look forward to that day.

<S> to the other buff drivers out there

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2001, 05:26:00 PM »
nahh, when a bomber ruins my day, I just get a ju88 and go furballing on the deck.  It's fun, requires little skill, and I get a helluva lot of kills.  I don't enjoy furballing in fighters.  But give me the rear-facing guns of a Ju88, and I'll kill you all.
and I'm sorry sunchaser that you're too incompetent to outmaneuver a fighter trying to set you up.  I almost never go down without inflicting at least serious damage on somebody.

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
I do a lot of buffing, and killing buffs too. I dont think the gunnery of buffs are too bad.

Remember that in most cases the pilot has to gun himself. Even with these fairly effective buff-guns, it is much less problems downing a buff than in WB with AI controlled buff guns.

To down a buff here you just have to show a bit of patience, and avoid attacking at a straight path from dead six. That is strangely enough what most do - and thus they get killed as they should.

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »
Hail to Sunchaser and all the other buff pilots and to the GOOD fighter pilots who know their schtuff.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2001, 06:00:00 PM »
I think terrorizing buffs is almost as much fun as terrorizing Goon pilots  

Just think yourself lucky I only had 20 rounds of ammo left the other day sunchaser  

Nice shootin btw

outlaw

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
at this time I am 17/5 for killing 17's and 16/3 with lance's hate to chase them to 28k but have done it ur right a buff at 15k is just dinner on my plate

Gsling
332nd

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
Just returned from a 2 Ju88 sorties in the MA.  My totals:
1 PT boat
2 FPs
1 M16
2 Zekes
1 spitfire
1 N1K
First sortie I RTBd.  Second sortie, I shot the wing off the N1K as it killed me.
I killed some acks, maybe a fuel tank and an ammo dump, and got a VH too, but I never exceeded 7000 feet, and spent most of the time below 2000.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
LOL  

<S> Sunchaser

BTW: If your new and REALLY want to learn the BEST way to get troops in....watch Sunchaser sometime.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
Dammit Dinger, ya want to brag go start yer own topic.

Vulcan, as soon as HTC gives me a Russian version of the C47 you are in BIG trouble.
Thanks on the shooting.

Hey Sling, you have not shot me down lately, where ya been?
Thanks for the invite but those pointy hats just look toooooooo silly.

Revvin, I am almost ready to loan my shrink to our friend.
Some lousy bomber, no talent dweeb dude musta bombed his crib or something.

Tac, I am all for any change that makes bombing more realistic, I would love to leave the lousy hangers alone and hear em squeak that we cratered their furball field and they cannot take off without breakin' their little toy airplanes.

[Edit]
Wow, thanks Ozark.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 04-17-2001).]

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2001, 06:53:00 PM »
Wotan has 10 kills and has been killed 2 times against the Ju 88.

Wotan has 15 kills and has been killed 6 times against the B-26B.

Wotan has 13 kills and has been killed 4 times against the B-17G.

Wotan has 9 kills and has been killed 3 times against the Lancaster III.

Buffs are prey sometimes they surprise you but for the most part you only need to be 10% smarter then them to get a kill.

------------------

Pray not for an end to the slaughter...but for VICTORY!!!

[This message has been edited by Wotan (edited 04-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Wotan (edited 04-17-2001).]

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
Maybe I should put my point this way:
Bombers are supposed to piss people off.  That's their job.  If you're a bomber pilot and you don't feel like bruising egos, drive a C47.
Still, buff guns are way too tough; I suspect the reason is twofold: A. to make the Ju88's defensive armament work and B. to counterbalance the lethal effect of the C-hawg.
Now, if we knocked down the buff guns to 1.0 lethality and bullet radius, and perked the Cannon-Hawg, I think that'd be a concession to everybody.
If we eliminated sector counters altogether and made radar dots visible only from the ground, bomber pilots and fighter dweebs would be happier.

BUt I sure as hell ain't gonna kill myself in a fighter plane going after a buff that gets warning of my presence, and can and will kill me on a single pass when I shoot through at 500 mph from high-ten oclock.

Edit:
PS, Wotan:
Dinger has 1 kill and has been killed 0 times in the Ju 88 against Wotan.
Dinger has 1 kill and has been killed 0 times in the B-26B against Wotan.

[This message has been edited by Dinger (edited 04-17-2001).]