Author Topic: Rank means you're better?!  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Rank means you're better?!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »
I've heard anyone under 100 will receive free AH for the next tour  

now there's a reason to pay attention to your score

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Why is this score business such a spook to you Apache?

I honestly think that AH score means exactly that... how good one's overall performance during that tour has been. Yes, there are always some that are better than you or me. Of cource it does not mean that one cannot kill others who have a higher score.

Some fly only fighters and there other scores are always low, thus they are low overall. If you or they like, they can be judged by their fighter score only.

Some fly only the earlywar planes and not so often. Their score may be a lot lower than the one of an active average NIKI pilot. Still they kill that niki-pilots when they meet. Niki-pilots overall performance has still been better because he has flown so much.

Being better in AH score does not mean one's persona or particular skills.   Dont take it so seriously.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Sturm

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
Apache don't take me wrong here.  I think ya should have just just messaged me last night.  As far as scooby asking that I think we all were in need of a joke considering the trouncing we were taking from the bishrook assault.  

Oh and Moose are air defense was there until the very end and we did hold that port for quite sometime as well as keeping that cv a float.  And yes I a still mad about the death on the cv    But it beats running into the conning tower I guess.  All in all it was fun flying without radar for 2 hours honestly.    Our group and DG/beechS did quite well considering the odds against us.  I didn't like the losing thing but it was hard getting used to winning  

What 2 wins for the knights in last week or so?  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

lazs

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »
rank is everything.   If... you consider this the worlds most simplistic 3D board game and not a simulation of air combat.

boy I sure hope that I made sturmies list tho...  will really enjoy an "encounter" with someone so highly ranked.
lazs

Sturm

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Spaz your always on my list.  See ya had to head to this thread do to your thrashing in the another thread, still on that soapbox there Spaz?  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
"The soup nazi"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Keep in mind that rankings include number of kills, a squad that has a total of 300 hours or more is most likely going to have more kills(Damage inflicted etc), and that is factored into scores...

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-18-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Fools! All of you! Can't you see this is just another ploy by the opportunistic Allied conspirator pig dogs in an attempt to blindly lead you into furballing for the sole purpose of enhancing your "rank"? You all played nicely into their hands, thinking you accomplished something when the only thing you mastered was your ability to fly from point A to point B and release your pixelated dung onto a pixelated target that holds no more meaning than the electrons flying through the circuitry on your motherboard.

What? Medicine time? Cool!  
-SW

Sturm

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Oh and moose the odds were 148 to 37, bish rook vs the knights.  I think we handled ourselves quite nice.  Rip whats with the squad scoring comment just curious?

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
"The soup nazi"

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
Lol SW. Works well doesn't it?

Good grief I need to learn to spell.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 04-18-2001).]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
BTW Sturm, didn't private you because you weren't the issue. Score was. That's why I didn't use any names, you did.

IMHO, total score means nothing as to how "good" one is. Guess it all comes down to goals and objectives. Yours and mine don't match and neither one is more important than the other. You are having fun and so am I. Thats what matters, agreed?
Note: I did see you qualify what you meant to Scooby. I generalized so that I could make a statement about score, which I am entitled to do.
<S>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
I was using squad scoring as an example...if Apache spent as much time online as you did, he would have at least an equal damage score if he flew all bombers, GV's etc, and with his K/D ratio, would be ranked ahead of you...IE. time online is factored into the scoring system via damage points.  Thats why each score has a separate ranking.  The over all is just that, overall.  IMO, it does not reflect who is the best, just reflects who spends more time online in various vehicles.

lazs

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
gee sturmie... I got trashed in the other thread?   5 weeks huh?   your sig gets bigger every week the mind boggles at the thought of what it will look like in a year!

sturm... i haven't seen such unwaranted pomposity since ol doommie or such bizzare thinking since wulfie... you wouldn't happen to be related?  maybe it's just a LW thing tho.
lazs

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by lazs:
 maybe it's just a LW thing tho.

Yeeeaaahhhhh that's GOTTA be it.
Do a lil' research lazs, I fly just about everything.
maybe it's just a dillusionary wannabe furballer thing tho....
-SW

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2001, 10:35:00 AM »
I put K/d over anything else - especially in the planes I like to fly.

Scores don't mean anything, really.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
Have we run outta Sh*t to squeak about or did I miss something.

I could of missed something.
Its always easy to miss something.
Always real easy to miss something the words go so fast.
{Banters to himself as he walks away}