Author Topic: Rank means you're better?!  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Rank means you're better?!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
Well said Bug. I mostly flew the 38 in AW and look forward to learning it in AH (I hear it's a real squeak to learn).

I have no desire to grab the easiest plane to fly (except maybe the first day or two) and see how far I can make it up the ranks.

I think in the last 3 years of flying Airwarrior I landed maybe 20 times.

I definately don't plan on sticking with one specific plane either. I love guys that brag about how great they are at the game...until you tell them to get out of that plane that they've been flying for a year and a half and try to get them in something different. Then it's nothing but excuses..excuses...excuses.

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2001, 04:28:00 PM »
RIGHT! If score were dick mine would be 7 trillion!

Offline VAQ

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
If you think 115 hours since Christmas is a lot, you're in for a rude awakening.

I put in 197 hours during Tour 14.  Still feel like a target drone.    

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
about scores......... long time ago when AW was the only show in town, I really cared about scores.

I just had to be number one in my arena, always finished in the top 10 at least, made number one 3 times.

I found out I was staying out of fights I should have been in, and I wasn't having fun at all worrying about my ranking, k/d ratio etc.  so now I fly for fun only, the kills come, and I don't know if I have a k/d ratio <G>

Enjoy the sim, enjoy the community, quit worrying about your score, you'll find yourself relaxing and having more fun <G>

by the way.........if you hear a whiner, he's generally concerned only about scores <G>

[This message has been edited by Hajo (edited 04-18-2001).]
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

Would the AK co please have his squadies read this. This is ridiculous to have this type of garbage post in a public forum.

I stay out of these "discussions" but this is to much. I'm not going to waste my time searching the bbs for numerous examples of your squadies vulgarity, you can do that. I would hope that you take a look and use whatever influence you have to see that this ends.

------------------

Pray not for an end to the slaughter...but for VICTORY!!!

[This message has been edited by Wotan (edited 04-18-2001).]

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
Why do the guys who insist they don't care about stats, always seem to know their stats?  

bowser

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Wotan:
"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

Would the AK co please have his squadies read this. This is ridiculous to have this type of garbage post in a public forum.

I stay out of these "discussions" but this is to much. I'm not going to waste my time searching the bbs for numerous examples of your squadies vulgarity, you can do that. I would hope that you take a look and use whatever influence you have to see that this ends.

Yeah, but the door swings both ways on this one.
-SW

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Agreed.

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Sturm

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2001, 08:09:00 PM »
My squeak your savvy use of words is eloquent to say the least and your choice of smile legends is impeccable.  Public schools have shown their brightest in you.  I am sure the AK are proud to have you as a member as well.  Are you implying you go both ways?  

Sinner  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2001, 08:17:00 PM »

I am sure the AK are proud to have you as a member as well.

I know I speak for every AK when I say we are proud to have AKSeaWulfe as a member.

I also know I speak for every AK when I suggest that both of you shut up.

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2001, 08:19:00 PM »
Well said

Moose11

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2001, 09:29:00 PM »
How do people find time in their lives to fly x-hundred hours and also spend x-hundred hours + 1 on this bbs?

lazs

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
moose.. i think u know the answer to that one.

sturmie.. I have met quite a few people in the flight sim community (u have to get out of the house tho) and I think it is safe to say that they would all agree that i act exactly the same in person as on these boards.   I would also say that i have not met anyone of em that i didn't like and have a good time with.   If you are indeed as much of a pompous little braggart as you appear on these boards tho... you may be the exception.  I can't imagine being afraid to tell it to you to your face.

lazs
designated dragger for the BK's
official Public Relations Officer for the BK's
all around great guy and better at everything important than that sturm dick.

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
Play for the fun of it not the score. you might find you have a lot more fun instead of a 70 odd message about S@@t

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
This thread is a stupid waste of space.  I swear, reading some of this is worse than reading the Fighter Ace newsgroup.  Sad.