Author Topic: Rank means you're better?!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Rank means you're better?!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by Dowding:
I put K/d over anything else - especially in the planes I like to fly.

Scores don't mean anything, really.

And, to add to that, the only people who sincerely care about scores is YOU about YOURSELF.

Sturm

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
Rip thats kind of saying well if I didn't fly thru so much ack my K/D would be better as well.  Substantiated?  Because someone has a higher K/D in fighter ranking doesn't mean much when you look at the model they fly all the time.  You have to add in accuracy, kills to time online, kills per sortie and such.  We all play this game different, therefore some will excel in one category or some will excel in all categories.  

My goal is to learn them all and then excel in each one "at this rate by 2003".  Another thing to look at is how they get a good K/D ratio.  Too many factors to weigh in, I agree with SW though.  I fly everything therefore I am having fun.          

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

Beltfedd

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
After the 1st week of this tour I was at around 160 total and 16 in bomber.  And I'm horrible (not a joke, I suck, lol) at this game, so yes, rank means nothing!  

Belt

lazs

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2001, 11:18:00 AM »
sea, stain, whoever... what are u going on about?  I never even brought you up.  are u offended because u are pompus or because you fly LW or both?
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »

I fly everything therefore I am having fun.

Sounds like me...  Score Schmore, fun is priority one!

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by lazs:
sea, stain, whoever... what are u going on about?  I never even brought you up.  are u offended because u are pompus or because you fly LW or both?
lazs

sturm... i haven't seen such unwaranted pomposity since ol doommie or such bizzare thinking since wulfie

Unless this is a different person?
If it is, then I'm sorry.
-SW

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Sturm, Apache's been here a long time and his opinion on this pulls some weight with me. There are several guys who choose not to fly for score, who, if they wanted too, would unseat the top 10 who are in there now. There are lots of guys who don't care enough about being ranked that high to shoot for it.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
FYI, for the sake of argument of rank and stats and scores...

Tour 6 is the only time I flew for score and not for fun... I was ranked 4th. Tour 7 I ranked 16th. Back in Tour 6 I was less than half as good as I am now, but I'm not ranked nearly as high in the fighter category. I hate vehicles, I don't like bombers very much but I don't mind flying attack sorties. My over all rank sucks, that doesn't mean I suck it just means I don't do everything required to get a high rank.

In the end it doesn't matter to me, the only thing that matters are those sorties that stay in my mind as memorable and fun. Everything else is tertiary.
-SW

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
And for the squad ranks.. good lord geezus diddlyin holy crap....

AKs are ranked first, we have 21 members on the roster, of that maybe 18 are active and we have a total of 481 hours 5 minutes and 29 seconds.

I was surprised to see Sturm6's squadron in second place... but not that they were in 2nd, at how many hours they have...

A total of 305 hours 21 minutes and 2seconds between THREE members!

Geezus, don't you guys go outside?!?!
-SW

Sturm

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
Hblair, I agree for there are quite a few pilots I have run into that smack me around.  " during take off"  I guess where Apache and I got into it on this thread was a misunderstanding and I hope this is cleared now.

Is it me or are a lot of people very uptight these days?  Not aimed at anyone in particular just a generalization.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"The soup nazi"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
Sturm, when we wait longer than 3 weeks for an update, it seems so!    Consider most of us HTC spoiled!

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by Sturm:
Is it me or are a lot of people very uptight these days?  

Not me, I'm as loose a goose.

Are you making fun of me?
Dick.
-SW
:-)

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
Goon pilots usually have a bad K/D ratio , but you can't take a base without em . Flying troops in doesn't do much for your score either  
<SALUTE> all goon Pilots , If I could transfer perk points to goon pilots I would

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Typical AH convesation:

Ranked: I made it into the top 100!
Other: So! That doesn't mean toejam! You think you are better than everyone else because of it?!?

Take rank meaning for what its worth.. nothing.  That goes for people ranked close to the top, and those that still maintain that rank means nothing when they insult you for being ranked near the top.

AKDejaVu

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2001, 12:15:00 PM »
I dont give rats balls about score, really.
And I >>KNOW<< I am better than 75% of the TOP 100 list.

There was a tour I flew for rank, and was ranked around No.9 more or less until I said 'diddly this' and flew for FUN.

Its your choice, rank, or fun.

Right now, I dont care about ranks, and I care little about perks too. I never bail, I auger if they need me somewhere else, I do the dirty jobs in dangerous missions, etc.

I only care about hit sprites   damn things are so addictive.