Author Topic: Define your "Perfect AH"  (Read 711 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« on: February 06, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
In a perfect AH what would you see?

I just wonder, because the more we are given, the unhappier we seem to be. The big debates seem to be over side-switching, furball/strat, unbalancing aircraft/vehicles, and perk points. So how would you combine the many facets of AH, existing or not?

Strat guys want more country cooperation. How do we decide who is in charge?

Furballers want to furball. How does that fit into the picture?

Perk points have the ability to change the gameplay, giving credit for doing things that ordinarily people won't do. Is that a good thing?

Side-switching has pros and cons. Should it be allowed?

If the anti-Christ was in AH, would he be in an F4U-1C?

These are some starter questions for thought but are certainly not all-inclusive.

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »
Ah hell just go with the flow, HTC will put up what they want and see how it goes, and all this squeaking and speculating does zero to the programming of the game.  I just take it "army style" what you see is what you get.  I find a few things "wacky" but what the hell I just try and avoid those things if I can and try to get the most I can out of the 30 bucks a month I spend, of course I don't try to fly to live or live to fly so my opinion probably don't count  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
There is room for every type of gamer/simmer
in AcesHigh.

Its really hit or miss for on-the-fly organized events in the MA.  It is simply a matter of the right group of people being online at the same time.

The perfect AH has both first person ground troops and submarines included onto the current physics models and has no AI at all.  Just my opinion!

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
 In a perfect AH world we'd have an nntp newgroup.

Otherwise, no complaints long as no one is telling me what to do and HTC doesn't put AH into mainteneance mode.

-Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Perfect AH:
ONE THAT HAS NIGHT TIME...AND A P61B BLACK WIDOW!!!

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
more beer outlets

------------------
wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

LJK Raubvogel

Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Historical countries when the plane set is filled out a bit. The return of night time. Some way to include early war planes without making them cannon fodder. No sector bars.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Oh...and a 1-800 number linked to HTC website for being a subscriber to this...

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Perfect AH:

Setting is at a Huge Hooter's restaurant and the strat would be to bomb or strafe their outfits till they came off.

Perk points would be for who shot the most cloths off and would be used for dates with the real Hooter's girl.

Also for a reset the side that wins (and we ALL would win) gets the best looking girls.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Oh, I AM with the flow. My personal perfect AH is the one we have now, constantly evolving, fun for everyone. I am trying to understand what viewpoints others may have.

I also feel that if some take the time to think about what is available they may see it isn't as bad as all that. Just wondering aloud, I suppose.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
I miss those more unstable flight models from the past, when it needed more skills to maintain E and bit more skills to keep plane maneuvering like you want to.
Current gets boring when they dont necessarily lose much E at all in some ##G move..
I dont like to see a plane 1000 yards in front of me reverse and almost crashing into me when going past.. and then accerlating away - fact is too that they dont really lose E in that move, because I have to turn too and they're already accerlating before I get to level.

Those hispanos are ripping mind too compared to other cannons.. of course those has alot punch but they feel like AP and HE same time.
(rear fuselages flies off somewhat often with those)
I remember time when I flew few times against Typhoon in a Yak, used only the cannon with snap shots and Typhoon just kept flying with some parts loosing while it.. but Spitfires hispanos ripped typhoons rear fuselage with 8 cannon shots, which all didnt even hit.
(I would describe that as huge difference, when it goes always a bit like that)

Perk the Chog, theres too many cannon dweebs flying it compared to that we should be seeing more Dhogs.
Why not N1K2 as well, it has 4 cannons which seems more powerful than ShVAK or MG151/20 and it maneuvers on a coin. (lol, I don't know how to spin that thing unintentionally)
flight models are going towards fly-by-wire too much anyway..

Make those panzers bit more realistic.. I remember snipeing off moving tanks from over 3.5k distance (more ridiculously, one hit usually made more effect from that distance than from 100-800 yards..)
Can't talk about ostwinds now.. havent used in 1.05.  hopefully those aren't anymore such base hoggers like they used to be.

Of course we could change the community as well...
I have my greatest memories of online games from years ago, even though games werent as good.. just the community was.
Tells something when people didn't shoot chutes or even gliding planes necessarily.
but i guess thats something ancient history now. (although, they did back then also fly the dweeb planes   )
at least people did like to teamwork bit more when asked... nowadays it seems to be a pain.

Should be rolling set of people whos in charge.
Though, they still should be believable commanders at some degree..
some "how do I start the engine" guy hardly would do any good  

Too many furballers.. should be couple smaller furballs going on elsewhere, but thats tougher thing (smaller ones usually ends up into gang bang..)

I hear theres more Ju88's now, perks are for good.

anti-christ would be a badass cheater. (whats that? a bird? a jet? no.. ten amraams)

something like that would do a nice game..
oh.. one thing, more early/mid war planes rather than late war planes.

*grabs his asbesto suit from the closet*

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 02-06-2001).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
My perfect AH would be one where they pick an era of WW2, any era, and stick with it until a relativiely comprehensive planeset is complete. Then, proceed forward or backward in time and fill out the rest of the eras.

In other words, complete a 1944-45 planeset, complete with "what if" perk planes if you want. Then go backewards and work on the 1942-43 planeset. Then finally add the 1939-1941 planeset.

You could even do it in reverse order, I wouldn't care. Just don't bounce around and throw in a 1942 plane here, a 1945 plane there.

Beeking

Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
ROFL!! Ripsnort!!

I just think $4.95 is to much.

Pirado  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »

Originally posted by Kieren:
In a perfect AH what would you see?.

A realistic Historical arena, and not the Quake arena we have now.

And if it was to be --ABSOLUTELY-- Perfect then I would see buff gunnery down to realistic levels, Hispano's damage model tuned to a realistic level, realistic gun jams because gun abuse, engine management, Range on Icons dissapearing under 1.5K, Chog DELETED, Torque effects up to a realistic level and N1K2's FM finnally fixed.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Define your "Perfect AH"
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
A realistic Historical arena, and not the Quake arena we have now.

Ram, how come we never see you in Check Six events, or the other historical events that happen in Aces High?