A-hole  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
On AGW
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
 "On a regular day the AH BBS is a sewer".  

________________Posted by kieren on AGW

Thats a little strong. Doont you think?

well, it is very close to the truth IMO. And at least in Kieren's eyes it is.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
On AGW
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2001, 07:49:00 PM »
Wow.

Read the thread on AGW. I was upset how Argo was treated by the other sim's developer. I voiced both my support of Doug and the WB community. I made an offhand comment that they didn't want the AGW BBS to become what AH BBS has as of late. That's it.

Never did I say that I dislike this community, and that is a pretty far leap of logic. I have stated many times over my stay here about the direction the tone of the BBS and MA has taken for the worse. I still do have concerns. I could post them here 24/7, but after a point who listens?

Here's another thing to consider; suppose for a second we all were a bit more balanced about what we say about all the sims? Suppose that we did, in the course of discussion with another community, admit some of the shortcomings of ours when expressing upset over one of theirs?

There is a lot I like about AH; there is not all that much I dislike. This BBS is hostile at times, and that is something I don't think I should have to point out to anyone. That is something I really do wish was different, but suggesting any changes to the tone of the board is to be met with calls of "don't read my stuff then", or "I hate the BBS Gestapo"- take your pick. I have contributed to the rancor at times by addressing behavior that I felt was wrong- in the end I think it was futile and just made everyone involved look bad.

Yes, Easymo, you did give me a link. Thanks very much. But if you want to twist that excerpt out of the quote to mean I hate this community, or that I tried to make comments about this community behind their backs- well, you're going to think it no matter what I say anyway.

Let me say it bluntly here- I do think this place gets pretty nasty at times. How many times have we seen a thread that started positively get hijacked within three posts to go completely negative? How much more often does that happen now than before? Who are we trying to kid, anyway. Anyone else notice the number of people that used to post insightful posts becoming eerily silent?

I'm not innocent. I have been part of a few of the flamefests here in the past, and I am not proud of it. I used to enjoy reading posts from players like Nash, Leonid, and banana. If what I have said has contributed to them backing away from the boards then I am immensely ashamed.

You guys will think what you want. I am not sorry for what I said, or where I said it for that matter. Believe it or not the post wasn't even about AH, it was about Argo's treatment and his contribution to WB's. If, after the time I have spent here I am going to be judged as a heretic for one dissenting comment about AH after the countless comments of support, well, I just have to laugh.

[edit]
For those that really care about this stuff, follow the link to read the thread.

http://agw.dogfighter.com/agw//Forum7/HTML/001668.html

You'll note how the conversation started and developed.

[This message has been edited by Kieran (edited 04-22-2001).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
  "But if you want to twist that excerpt out of the quote"

Its pretty had to misinterpret a statement like, "on a regular day the AH BBS is a sewer".  Even at that I didn't condemn kieren for his post.  I only asked if he didn't feel that it was a little strong.  It seems to me he was painting with a very broad brush.

I'm not in the habit of "piling on".  In the rare instances that I have a problem with another player. I address them directly.  I am not automatically negative about what is posted, but if I disagree with the poster, I will post my argument.  I think this is true of most of the people here.

As to where you posted. My response was to akdejavu post.  And I stand by IT.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
On AGW
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
C'mon, Easymo. You know that if I have a problem with a particular person I will tell them so.  

[This message has been edited by Kieran (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
On AGW
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2001, 05:24:00 AM »
Lets take that one more time:

". How many times have we seen a thread that started positively get hijacked within three posts to go completely negative? How much more often does that happen now than before? Who are we trying to kid, anyway. Anyone else notice the number of people that used to post insightful posts becoming eerily silent?"

Its not a matter of whos is best, AGW or this board.Its a matter of this community having a common IQ like an augering locked up 109, heh.

Thx Kieren <S>

danish

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
On AGW
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2001, 05:25:00 AM »
Put simply, Kieran's right.

AH is becoming just as known for the vitriolic nature of it's comunity as it is for the quality of it's software.

This thread is a perfect example.

Here we have a group of people turning on some one who by popular consensus is considered a gentleman, and most of you are loving it. Any minute now some body will come up with a list of stats proving how Kierans' perverting AH with his attitude, and someone else will say it's all because of the Chog.

Soon the abuse and vieled "if I could climb down the phone cable you'd be MINE" comments will start.

I'm glad I switched from AW to AH; the software's incomparably better. I'm very glad never to have flown Warbirds, from what I've seen from it's former players I'd not have enjoyed the enjoyed the ego queens who think it's their right to piss people off.

When AH was first launched, there was intense debate in AW on wiether $30 per month would raise the standard of behaviour in comparison to AW at $9,95.
You people are the living proof that argument was flawed.

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
On AGW
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kieran:
......  Anyone else notice the number of people that used to post insightful posts becoming eerily silent?

well said kieran....

thanks for saying it for the rest of us. <S>

just returning after a while away but do notice that not much has changed here.

its hard to post anything on this particular board, mainly due to people like XXxxxxxx who thinks he's the self appointed BBS police with his usual posting OCD behavior.  

he'll jump on most threads faster than a fox on a hen to yell it belongs in OT or belittle the poster with his head games.  

not hard to figure why most people with interesting things to discuss don't bother any more with this place.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
I don't always agree with Kieren but this time I do.

This BBS HAS been going down hill lately. So much so that we have people being banned and/or having threads locked.

I miss the long winded nit picking post we used to have on here about what size rivet was used on the unheard of AC. That's not sarcasm either.(Badger where for art thou?)

We used to have great informative post that made me stop and think. Now we have so many people that will jump on you and make it a personal attack when they don't agree with you.

I'm hoping the locked post and the banning of some of the posters will help the BBS get back to the way it used to be.

Kieren was posting his opinion on another BBS and that's where it should have stayed.

I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
On AGW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
Paint me in Kieren's corner on this one.

Fact remains that once upon a time personal attacks either in arena or here on BB were a rarity. Nowadays it seems most threads end up that way.

Even those who are saying things "in jest" are contributeing to the problem.

Time to stand up & be counted people. Either you believe in common respect & courtesy for everyone or you don't.

------------------
AH Scenario Corp
332nd Flying Mongrels

[This message has been edited by Ghosth (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
On AGW
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
As population increases, so do varieties of opinions...

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
 You people do realize that you are agreeing that your posts are drivel, and you hang out in a sewer.

Oh! Wait! Of course. He didn't mean YOU.  He meant the other guy.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
On AGW
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by easymo:
You people do realize that you are agreeing that your posts are drivel, and you hang out in a sewer.

Yes.  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
  Well in rip"s case even I agree with him.  

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Easymo just what are you trying to do with this post?(besides dragging us into the sewer again)

If you disagree with Kieren and the others ..fine you have made your point.

If it is to slam Kieren for making the statement ..well then you have proven his point.

Either way give it a rest.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.