Author Topic: On AGW  (Read 1509 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
  Mighty1. I couldn't seem to find those posts, where you wildly disagreed with your brother.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
Quote from Easymo

Mighty1. I couldn't seem to find those posts, where you wildly disagreed with your brother.

What the hell are you talking about?

I said :

I don't always agree with Kieren but this time I do.

I never claimed to "wildly" disagree with him nor did I claim to disagree with him on this BBS.

Let's try to stay with the material that is given you OK? Let's not add things to people's messages then try to prove them wrong for saying something they didn't say.

Man I gotta stop responding to this sewage.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
 And this will be my last post, on this subject. My porpoise can be found in the first post. I repeated it farther down.
 "Even at that I didn't condemn kieren for his post. I only asked if he didn't feel that it was a little strong. It seems to me he was painting with a very broad brush".

kieren made a sweeping, offhand statement, that called into question the intelligence, and integrity of every person who posts on this bbs.  I wanted to give him a chance to amend that statement. His response, can be found above.  The irony is that he is doing the very thing he is accusing us of. Calling anyone who does not think the way he does a nitwit.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
On AGW
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
The irony is that he is doing the very thing he is accusing us of. Calling anyone who does not think the way he does a nitwit.

The comment I made was about the recent tone of the BBS, not any person in particular. That you are saying for yourself.

Easymo, I am sorry you were personally offended. There is nothing more I have for you on it.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2001, 04:52:00 PM »
Easymo, if you do indeed hang with real bikers, then you know that the one thing you do not do is slag a brother.  Jack with him to his face, sure.

Kieren, I was wondering why I knew the name, it was the old DOA days, Salute!

You guys better be nice, Kieren is one of your best.

AKSeaWulfe

On AGW
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
 And this will be my last post, on this subject. My porpoise can be found in the first post.

Your WHAT? You have a fish in your post?
Or is your porpoise your ding dong? In which case, my porpoise can be found in my pants... and you'd better not come looking for it!
-SW

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
On AGW
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
 I agree with Kieren as well.
 Twist the words anyway you want, the community is in a bad state.
 Is it AH burnout thats causing some to leave or think of leaving ? I believe its the tiresome attitude that we are left to deal with.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
On AGW
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »

I used to enjoy reading posts from players like Nash, Leonid, and banana. If what I have said has contributed to them backing away from the boards then I am immensely ashamed.

Oh no no man, absolutely not. Not even close Kieren. And even the heated political debates we got into awhile back were kinda fun, really. Ya know... interesting. I learned a lot from you.

As far as me backing off the board, uhm... not sure if I can pinpoint a reason. Maybe though...

I guess I find this BBS to be rather cyclical.

That is... a new version comes out (or for whatever reason), and we see an influx of new guys around here. With that comes the new rounds of extremely tired complaints. Chog/Niki, Buff guns, chute shootin' dweebs, HO's suck... erhm... you get where I'm going. Been there seen it done that.

But alas, posted again as if these gripes weren't already beaten to death a thousand times over already. So, there's just not a whole lotta new info to add that hasn't been said many many times in the past. Perhaps just replying with a link to one of the hundreds of related threads where that stuff was hashed out would be appropriate. But that would mean going and finding those old threads and that wouldn't be too much fun.

And it's not that I can blame the new guys for this either though. I mean, to them, it's all brand spanking new. When I first started here, I personally never really lay awake at night sweating over the thought of gettin' killed in my chute or anything like that... but hey. Different strokes I guess. At this point in time it's rocking the very foundation of their worlds, some of them, and who am I to suggest that they, ah, breathe or something. At least you can only do that so many times before it gets a bit monotonous.

And I sure as hell aint gonna *contribute* to those sorts of squeak fests... mostly cuz I really have no complaints.

I was thinking the other day... if I started one of those threads, what would it be about? Couldn't think of anything. Not one original idea. In fact, the only thing I could think of that I wanted to see in AH was that if you didn't move yer mouse for 5 seconds, the pointer would disappear so it wouldn't keep gettin' in the damn way allatime.

So yeah... whaddahmy gonna add to yet another hispano discussion? Kinda hard to get involved without making things nastier, I reckon. I just haven't got the creativity for it.

But... that being said, I'll post more frequently when I get the taste for it back. I've never stopped reading this forum. And my lack of input here lately *certainly* is due to nothing you've said. From my perspective, easymo is gettin' a little too excited over....uhm... whatever this particular thread is about.

To many of us, flight simmin' is a serious hobby.... a passion if there ever was one... But it's prolly not such a good idea to get too swept up in these little sideshow dramas. They just make the participants seem a little... I dunno....goofy? Don't get me wrong though... usually quite fun to read. Yeah, it would be rather boring otherwise. But it's nothing at all... really... it just doesn't mean anything... when yer locked into a 5 minute deck fight against a superior opponent. Those battles are why I fly AH. Not for the battles that happen on this BBS.

But... heh... I'm human. I'll get sucked in again and again for sure...  

Christ... it amazes me sometimes how much I ramble on.

Sorrow[S=A]

On AGW
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2001, 07:47:00 PM »
Hiya folks!

Mighty1: Because you asked, Badger is now running the Business end of Sickware's  www.targetware.net . He is still on their forums (although usually under the company letterhead) and is just as long winded as ever    
(kidding Doug!)

Kieren- I don't think Leonid's decrease in activity has anything to do with this UBB. Leonid does not even play AH anymore for his own personal reasons.
However all of us VVS pilot types are heavily involved with Il-2 Sturmovich by Maddox Games. I know of the 5GvIAP both Cleaner and I are Beta testers and Leo will probably be too after Oleg's personal list gets processed and the CD's sent out.

However if you feel the need for a whiff of sanity 715A still posts here infrequently and is always worth reading.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
On AGW
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Hang and SOB sit in the shade of the big elm outside the ready rooms, pulling on cold ones, listening to the debate rage on the boards. Hang shakes his head, utters a heavy sigh. SOB looks over and sez "What??"

"Sorry assed state of affirs, ain't it; when a freeloader feels it's ok to badmouth the payin customers for speakin truth."

SOB nods sagely. "Yup. The chump whips up on newbies all day fer free, then comes over here and tells us our house stinks like a sewer. The nerve. *hic* Speakin of sewers, you seen Fatty's mom lately?"

"Nah. ..not since I got my shots and she started datin Animal. I hear CDC Atlanta is lookin fer 'em both...."

And the sun sinks slowly into the west.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
On AGW
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
err..it's a game, not the real world
treat it like one and you should be fine

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
On AGW
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
Nice ta see the complete lack of respect continues, Hey HTC, I think the aggression level's are overmodeled, Oh wait, I don't have the scores ta back my statements.
And let's not drag bikers inta your nasty little mess here, while we will speak our minds, true, We also give credit for folks who have class.

Not a lotta credit around here lately.
(And no, I'm still not flying, And at this rate , probably won't)

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"