Author Topic: The F4U1-C  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2001, 10:57:00 PM »
Animal,
What did you think of my second idea.  The one presented right above your post?  It doesn't involve perking the F4U-1C.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2001, 11:05:00 PM »
sorry didnt read that one, my browser didnt update.

while it is a good idea, it wont reduce the number.

I have noticed most people who fly the chog dont care about perk points. they dont use them.

they only care about winning. they only care about hit sprites. hit sprites are very addictive!! oh my god.

i think this I would add anything good to this discussion, because when i fight, i dont fight planes. i fight pilots. planes do not matter much to me, they are only an indication of the way the pilot is gonna try to fight against me.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
oh my god i'm drunk

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
The F4U1-C
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2001, 11:27:00 PM »
I don't have any problem killing a C-hawg. The problem is when there's 3-4 of 'em 7-900 yards back. That's some more spray pattern they can throw at you, and it only takes a couple pings.  

Looking at it from a pure #'s standpoint, She does look like a perk candidate.  

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2001, 11:31:00 PM »
 I dont care if they perk it or not. If its for reasons of historical accuracy so be it. If its for reasons of arena  ballance then you may want to give your head a shake cause there will always be that one dweeb plane that everyone hates. Personally I would rather it be the big fat ugly lumbering bad climbing turd that is the chog.

I would much rather see the ostwind perked than the chog.  

[This message has been edited by rosco- (edited 04-22-2001).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
 If you perk it. I don't see those guys going to the nik.  Chog is a B n Z'er. They aren't switching to a turn fighter.  Imagine the sky full of 30 mm armed, climbs like a rocket, G-10's.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2001, 12:13:00 AM »
Yep u are right 30mm d1.1 pings, the famous 109G10 no e-loss instaturns, its sparkling manuverability at 400mph, its outstanding dive handling, and how can anyone forget its whopping 60 rds of ammo, its unbelivable roll rate, its ablity to pop tanks in one pass, its stunning 250kg bomb load, the 30mm awesome flat trajecory and 700yd snapshot spray kill powers. Yep G10 is exactly what the chog following is after.  

The simple fact is that chog dominates AH main arena every tour regardless of map, this one just makes it more obvious. Its not right that such an insignificant turd of a US Navy afterthought which saw minimal use in the war comepletely rules AH, please don't try to argue over this fact as the numbers are very clear- AH is ruled by chogs.
Whether this is appropriate is where we can all fairly disagree.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2001, 12:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by Tac:
Durability: Maybe its a varying degree of experience. with what plane do you usually shoot a n1k with? 50 cal planes barely hurt that thing on a short burst (when compared with hitting a P-47!), 20mm cracks it after a good burst, 30mm+ will kill it (of course lol). Ive had n1ks without wings keep on fighting (aka looping endlessly) taking snaphots at its attackers.

Right, I see, so this Niki is wingless and is doing endless loops and shooting at the enemy.  I'm sure that has nothing to do with a connection problem.

I've flown the Niki.  A Lot.  It was just about the only plane I flew from Tour 7 to Tour 11.  If you lose one wingtip in the Niki you're done fighting, and you can land it if you're careful and lucky enough.  If you lose two wingtips you're soon to be mating with the earth.  If you lose one entire wing, you're in the same boat as if you lost two wingtips.

The laws of physics (as modeled in AH) apply equally to the Niki as they do to any other plane in the arena.  You fly with your head and use good tactics you'll get the most out of it.  You fly like an idiot and you can be killed by anything that flies...except maybe the 202  

Sorry to interrupt.  You can now continue your crying about the Niki in every thread you can squeeze it into.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
The F4U1-C
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2001, 01:59:00 AM »
You're right.  Neither can be stopped.  By anything.  And they can kill from 2000 yards.  And zoom at 500 mph.  For an hour.  Yeah, that's the reason you died, had nothing to do with anything you did.  The fact they don't lead k/d means nothing.  People like it and you don't, it must go.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
The F4U1-C
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2001, 02:14:00 AM »

Yep u are right 30mm d1.1 pings, the famous 109G10 no e-loss instaturns, its sparkling manuverability at 400mph, its outstanding dive handling, and how can anyone forget its whopping 60 rds of ammo, its unbelivable roll rate, its ablity to pop tanks in one pass, its stunning 250kg bomb load, the 30mm awesome flat trajecory and 700yd snapshot spray kill powers. Yep G10 is exactly what the chog following is after.

Geez Grunherz stop it!  Funniest thing I've read on these boards in a while  

You fly like an idiot and you can be killed by anything that flies...except maybe the 202

Hey SOB.. the C.202 is an incredibly efficient aerial killer!

'jekyll has 2 kills and has been killed 0 times in the C.202 against the N1K2.'

------------------
Jekyll
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
Aces High Training Corps

[This message has been edited by Jekyll (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline illo

• Nickel Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2001, 04:09:00 AM »

I found it quite amusing that Ta-152 is a perk-plane but C-Hog isn't...

How many american planes are perked in AH?
How many german?

i find that non amusing..hih

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
The F4U1-C
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2001, 06:02:00 AM »
AH diversity and balance are just killed by 3 plane types.
IMO, the point is not whether CHOG, Spit or Nikki are a killing machines or not, the point is that these plane are over-over-overused.

Lets go to the opposite corner, imagine the arena full of C202s and C205s. Sooner or later you'll get bored of finding the same enemy plane types over'n over.

The same applies to Osty. When was the last time you saw M16s defending a base?

And now about the perks. IMO, Tempest is not much better than CHog in relation with the rest of planes. Now imagine the Tempest unperked, 80% of CHog pilots will switch to that bird for sure. 90% of Spit pilot will switch also, and, probably, 50% of nikki ones.

The perk system should be useful to keep the arena balanced and with enough diversification to make it funny.

IMO, having an arena full of Zekes is as boring as having it full of F4Us.

Now we have a perk base system for fighters: 152 50p, Tempest 70p, the rest 0p. A good idea should be to increase the perks from the base based on a demand system. More demand = more perks plus the base. Less demand = less perks plus the base. Same system may modify the ENY values.

This way the arena will balance itself dinamically.

Sturm

The F4U1-C
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2001, 06:18:00 AM »
which is what i said in my post which was turned into a you fly to much therefore you are burnt out.  The point is I am bored of fighting 3 planes end of story.

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron
"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"  Famous quote from Animal House, John Belushi.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
The F4U1-C
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2001, 06:54:00 AM »
WTG Tac preach on  

Karnak get lost with that shtty nik envy factor 3 i would say

endurance and speed excellent
also feul excellent

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2001, 07:00:00 AM »
I just hope HTC ignores our whines and instead looks at the tour stats.  Regardless of how easy you guys find it to kill, it IS the single most dominate aircraft in the arena, and it is by a LONGSHOT.

That is arena imbalance, and that is what the perk system is supposed to address.  I'd perk it in a heartbeat, and it'd cost you 25 to get it out of the hangar!