Author Topic: The F4U1-C  (Read 1977 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2001, 07:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jekyll:
Hey SOB.. the C.202 is an incredibly efficient aerial killer!

'jekyll has 2 kills and has been killed 0 times in the C.202 against the N1K2.'

LOL...I stand corrected!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
Hmmm, my premonition comes true, you'll see by posts awhile back during the big Chog whine fest that I said "next they will whine about the N1K, and want it removed (perked, by todays standards), then, whats next?  There will always be a plane that someone has to base their excuse for dying not to pilot ability, but to what the enemy pilot is flying".

I hate it when I can read the future.  

FTR:Perking the Chog will only take it out of the hands of incompetent and relatively green flyers, and it will remain in the hands of very competent flyers...(After all, most of these pilots would survive, and alot have perkies built up) so your problem would be only that the newbies wouldn't be killing you anymore, you will still be getting shot down by the good pilots.  However, I would support the decision by HTC to perk it if they give us the -1A.  

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
The F4U1-C
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
The C-hog killed me 15X i killed it 20X
The D-hog killed me 3X i killed it 16X

It looks obviously the C is a cannon dweeb thing still FM is about the same

What good pilots ?

(Kills where made in the manly p38)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
What Karnak has yet to realise, is the keyword in his argument, "Some of us would like.... other"  That sums it up.  The very basic most primitive argument out there.  Do it my way, or I quit.  Or better yet, I am gonna whine and whine and whine.  This is rediculous... perk the Hog, good idea, I say 10pts. but shessh, get off it.  I personally feel that it will not change a damn thing.  You are still going to see it, because the majority that are racking up the kills with it, are landing with it!  

GO C HOG!

GO C HOG!

GO C HOG!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Oh Ripsnort - how times change...

Can you remember the "Ban the Chog from AH skies"-tag???  
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
Ripsnort:
FTR:Perking the Chog will only take it out of the hands of incompetent and relatively green flyers, and it will remain in the hands of very competent flyers...(After all, most of these pilots would survive, and alot have perkies built up) so your problem would be only that the newbies wouldn't be killing you anymore, you will still be getting shot down by the good pilots.
------------------------------------------

Why would an excellent pilot want to waste his skill in an easy plane. They should prove its the man not the machine by flying 202's <G>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
Krusher, to reply for the strat oriented pilots:

-Its great at ATG
-Its great for strafing
-Its the answer for Osties and tanks
-Its great for snap shots on high speed planes trying to get by you while they try to go for your goon thats IB.

Thats why.  

MrSiD

The F4U1-C
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2001, 10:48:00 AM »
'it seems to me that there will always be a "c-hog". If you perk it, get rid of it, whatever.. people will just fly the N1K. Why? Because people just want to win, and they dont care enough to learn a new challenging AC. They want the easy road and they want to win. And why not!!! Just because YOU or I choose that route, why should they? Its their money. '

This is why I think the RPS is the only way to approach a flight _simulation_

If majority of players want to dweeb away in chogs, couldn't they just introduce a tie-fighter for them? It would keep the masses happy.. Lol.

In my opinnion, the majority of players need gentle guidance towards learning something NEW and not just going for the easy kills..

The RPS forces people to fly the early birds, forcing the players to learn to fly them in the process. Later in life, this enables them to exploit the weaknesses of different aircraft when fighting them, again making them better pilots.

The way things are now - heck we could just remove 80% of the aircraft and only 10% of players would notice..

Most people here are forgetting the point that when RPS and WW2 arena were introduced in WB, the whining was HUGE! I mean HUGE!

Still, the main arena was empty after that.. People kinda voted with their feet - WW2 arena was full day from day.

Now which one you figure people found more exciting in the end? Was it the arena that was left empty? Blah.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
  Here is an idea. Get rid of the combat trim.  Before ver 1.04 came along, the G-10 was fast becomming the plane of choice.

OH! And dump the auto take off while your at it.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 04-23-2001).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
I'd like to see score factored into the perk equation. Say anyone greater than 1000, 500, etc (whatever decided level) in ranking would not need any perk points and would be allowed to fly them all. That way the newbies (read - New Customers) would not be penalized for their inexperience. At the same time we'd all be able to fly any plane at the beginning of each tour until we were ranked. Seems like a system like would tie all the elements of the game together.

Oh Yeah - No perk points unless you land and return to tower.

Eagler
(smiling - climbs into his 109f)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
Just like old times, isn't it?

I have a question for those of you whose _major_ complaint in this thread is that you "end up fighting the same three planes all the time" or something along that line. The complaint being that you don't get to fight a larger variety of aircraft.

Do you folks also support the evergreen "axis vs allies arena" suggestion?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

AKSeaWulfe

The F4U1-C
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Keep it up fellas, I'm sure that the louder and more obnoxious and more annoying you become that they'll listen to you for sure!

Oh yeah and Hitler is still alive!!!  
-SW

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Toad,
No, I don't support it.

Of course, I also don't have a problem with any plane that has 10% of MA kills.  If a plane has 15+%, then I have a problem with it.  In other words, the Spit and N1K don't bother me, frankly I rarely see them.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
Karnak, I'm sorry, I don't understand you're argument. Why do you have a problem with the numbers? If you aren't having a problem with the chog and from what I've seen you don't, then why do you give a rats bellybutton how many kills it has? I'm not trying to be inflammatory for arguments sake, I'm just curious as to you're position and why you are taking it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2001, 12:56:00 PM »
Apache,
Its pretty simple in my case.  I'm tired of fighting aircraft that do the same thing all of the time.

I actually lost to an F4U-1C earlier this tour because it didn't go for the HO when it had the chance.  It dove under my P-38 so I assumed it was an F4U-1D, it reversed and chased me down.  I tried to use my climb to get away and it started spraying from 900 yards, as I thought it was a 1D I wasn't overly concerned.  Then it hit one of my engines.  Boom, dead engine and shortly dead P-38.  I actually have no problem with the death, I just think its funny that he did it by faking me out into thinking he was in an F4U-1D.

The point is that because it didn't go for an HO I assumed it wasn't an F4U-1C because they so nearly ALWAYS do it.  I can avoid HOs and nearly every F4U-1C I kill tried to HO me at some point, but it gets boring to have so many of the fights follow the same script:  

He goes for the HO, I nose down and he misses.  Repeat until e-states are equal, then kill F4U-1C, rinse, repeat process with next.

Simply put, its boring.  I'd like to see a solution that didn't involve perking it, but I'm not sure there is one.  It does so many things well that there is no reason to worry about perks because you don't need the perk planes.

Maybe an increased selection of desireable perk planes would work, along with having an ENY value system that moved ENY values up as wellas down.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-