Author Topic: furballs ok still... they just don't last.  (Read 589 times)

lazs

furballs ok still... they just don't last.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
banana... i don't care if the bombs are dropped by a fighter or a bomber and I don't care what particular fighter resourse is shut down, radar or fuel or hangers.  It's all too easy to limit fighters but nothing limits bombers except that sane people hate em.

Hooli has a point.  The feilds are too tough or too easy...    They are too easy to kill the ability of fighters to participate and they are too hard to finish off.   It causes people to attack in huge groups and shut down instantly the Fighter ability and then..... the huge group has no one to fight.  worse... A lone bomber can go back a few fields where there is no action at all and wipe out several fields ability to have fighters while leaving the rest of the field intact.   That is what seems the silliest.   That gimicky strat at it's worst.   Why would Iwant to participate in such childish strat?

And really... Why should all sfighter operations be suspended if a couple of shacks are roofless?   Is it realistic that you can take off after refueling on a "pad" but if you get out of the plane it is zapped away into another dimension or something?  

I would be happier about it if fighters could take off untill the field was completely closed or.... If the field was closed the second both fighter leantoo's were killed.

If fields could be taken as Hooli says then even I would participate in the strat.  Then even the most anal strat guys would participate in the furball.
lazs  

PakRat

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
I think Vulcan coined an appropriate term for these trolls of lazs' - Masturbleating  

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"I see dead people"

Ice

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Our squad sweeps most of the time...if we can help with jabo by closing hangers, etc. we will.

I agree with lazs that entering a cloud of fighters, always having to keep your SA skippy, rates a more intense pucker factor than drivin a buff half way across the map. Hey...if buff drivin boat floatin GV stuff makes ya happy, then that's the idea, right?

As a squad, we simply look for the biggest red sector bar and go there...I believe most others do the same with fighters.

Truthfully, I look forward to the day when we all can fly in harmony...when Rooks, Bishops and Knights all meet together for real cool formation flying...when...whoa!!!
What happened there? Kinda drifted off a bit.

Sorry

------------------
Ice
13thTAS

It's not the Big that kill the Small, but the Fast that kill the Slow!

lazs

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
pakrat... thank you for the village idiot point of view.  And of course the opportunity to look at the pic of the P47.
lazs  

[This message has been edited by lazs (edited 03-16-2001).]