Author Topic: Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal  (Read 1797 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2002, 09:44:14 AM »
So,

We gonna check genetics? We gonna ship Danny Thomas home to Lebanon? No wait he's dead, guess it'll have to be Marlo. Jaimie Farr! Send Jaimie Farr back to the sand hill he came from!

Are we gonna check genetics? Are you sure you can tell an Arab from an African from a Mexican from a Chilian from a Jew? How fast would you be jumping on this band wagon if we were profiling YOU!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2002, 09:46:45 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I think that you'll find nothing in the Constitution that limits the Bill of Rights to U.S. citizens only.

Where does it say in the constitution that a foriener has the right to be here?   How did Ellis Island ever close down if that were the case?   Why would this have to be a permanent solution?  Who's to say they couldn't come back in 10 or 20 years when this thing is over?

At the very least they should deport the ones that are here illegaly on expired visa's etc....

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2002, 09:48:20 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
So,

We gonna check genetics? We gonna ship Danny Thomas home to Lebanon? No wait he's dead, guess it'll have to be Marlo. Jaimie Farr! Send Jaimie Farr back to the sand hill he came from!

Are we gonna check genetics? Are you sure you can tell an Arab from an African from a Mexican from a Chilian from a Jew? How fast would you be jumping on this band wagon if we were profiling YOU!

yeah that's why I have reservations and am not for this.  It is appealing though.   I would think though that if your a citizen you'd have nothing to worry about.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2002, 09:48:23 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

At the very least they should deport the ones that are here illegaly on expired visa's etc....

I agree.
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2002, 09:52:33 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

yeah that's why I have reservations and am not for this.  It is appealing though.   I would think though that if your a citizen you'd have nothing to worry about.

Hmmm... I think Joseph McCarthy started off with the same sort of reasoning.
sand

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2002, 09:56:37 AM »
Let me restate that I'm not for this!!!  I just think that it is the one way to be 90% sure that no arab terrorist would attack us on our own soil.   I don't think it will happen until we have some more attacks here, which hopefuly will never happen.

I've always been pro imigration and I don't want to change.  I do think we need to slow the flood gates though.  Maybe no new imigrants for a few years.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2002, 10:06:09 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Jaimie Farr! Send Jaimie Farr back to the sand hill he came from!

Finally. An immegration policy I can support!

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2002, 10:13:12 AM »
Sandman, the consititution and the bill of rights apply to citizens only.  By definition.

We try to extend those rights and considerations, but nothing in our constitution requires us to.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2002, 10:24:16 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Sandman, the consititution and the bill of rights apply to citizens only.  By definition.

Where is this defined?

We try to extend those rights and considerations, but nothing in our constitution requires us to. [/B]

The notion of citizenship wasn't considered when the Constitution was written. I believe the Naturalization Act of 1790 is the first document that begins to define citizenship. At the time, it was limited to white males.

Of course, I could be wrong...
sand

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2002, 10:33:36 AM »
I agree with Udie. I'm pro irrigation too.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2002, 10:35:47 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty

We try to extend those rights and considerations, but nothing in our constitution requires us to.

Sure get all lawyery on us ;)

It is a very interesting question in my opinion. In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson set up the idea that all men are created equal. And for many this can be seen as an all encompasing net which would apply the princeples of America (as defined by the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation (briefly) and later the Constitution.

However, Jefferson also set out some of the limitations. Reading the entire passage refereing to the equality of men, we can see some of this:
Originally Divined with Godlike wisome by Thomas Jefferson
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

emphasis my own of course.
The Just powers of a the government seem to begin and end with the consent of the electorate. We are not qualified to extend the gifts of liberty and justice to those who do not have representation within our governing body. To my mind, this is pretty easy to understand. The US Constitutional Garauntees do not apply to those who are not citizens, however, binding laws passed by other governmental (and intergovernmental) bodies are. These would include treaty obligations, UN Declarations, and probably other things that I'm not thinking of right now.  

That's just a quik overview. I've changed my mind once on this today, so I'm still very malleable on this :)
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2002, 10:40:14 AM »

The notion of citizenship wasn't considered when the Constitution was written. I believe the Naturalization Act of 1790 is the first document that begins to define citizenship. At the time, it was limited to white males.

Of course, I could be wrong...

Well I do know that the constitution states that if it's not in the constitution it's the pervue of the states.  Maybe each state should decide to deport them or not.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2002, 10:47:43 AM »
Oh no... it's not up to the states.

The McCarran Walter Immigration Act of 1952 is the basic naturalization/citizenship law for this country.

Section 8 of the Constitution calls for establishing rules of naturalization, but I'm unaware of anything prior to 1790 that begins to define what it takes to be a citizen.
sand

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2002, 10:49:48 AM »
US constitution = US law

US law is only valid in places where the US has jurisdiction. That limits the reach of US law to the land mass of the USA, US ships and aircraft, the air above US territory, and the territorial waters of the USA.

Anyone caught inside those boundaries are a subject to US jurisdiction and thus also US law.

As for us outside US jurisdiction, please leave us alone.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2002, 10:53:13 AM by Hortlund »

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2002, 10:50:50 AM »
Oh no... it's not up to the states.

The McCarran Walter Immigration Act of 1952 is the basic naturalization/citizenship law for this country.

Section 8 of the Constitution calls for establishing rules of naturalization, but I'm unaware of anything prior to 1790 that begins to define what it takes to be a citizen.

Does that law say anything about the situation that we find ourselves in?

The more I think about this the more I'm pissed at our congress/government.   We had the effing warning signs for the past 10+ years that this stuff was headed our way and they did NOTHING to prepair for it.   Both parties share equally too.   Lousey sons of biatches are more worried about keeping their sorry tulips in office than doing what we actually send them there for. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: