Author Topic: Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: Looks like Fatty's right
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2002, 11:33:55 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
According to the ACLU

Uh Oh.... tick tick tick
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
on the other hand.....
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2002, 11:34:51 AM »
The District Court ruling came in a conglomeration of four cases, including Gregorio T. v. Wilson filed by the ACLU of Southern California. The ruling, if upheld on appeal, would render moot the ACLU-NC case, Pedro A. v. Dawson and the State Board of Education which was also filed the day after the November, 1994 election. That case, which is pending in San Francisco Superior Court, challenged Proposition 187's provision denying the children of undocumented immigrants access to secondary schools as a violation of the right to equal education guaranteed by the California Constitution.

Which goes along with Sandmans contention that non-citizens are also protected.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2002, 11:35:02 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
As much as I hate nibbling at an obvious troll, let me see if I have this correctly...

Terrorists = Bad
Terrorists = Arab

Therefore...

Arab = Bad

No, in means

Arab=PROFILE

So arabs and arab-looking people get subject to more frequent searches and more thorough checks. They will still get through the airport lines quicker because the guards will not have to search 3 old ladies for each arab-looking guy just to maintain appearance of non-profiling.

Profiling does not mean prosecution. It is not related to liberties.  Nobody suggest punishing people for being arab. If each one of us can be searched, the fact that some do not get searched as often does not affect liberties of those who do.

Of course profiling should not be used to the exclusion - otherwise the terrorists will adapt.

Sandman, I agree with your list of forfeited liberties except for cigarettes. You assault and harm other people by smoking cigarettes in public places.

Eagler: Don't think they had nutbag suicide bombers in 1759
 You do not read much history, do you? Fortunately the Founding Fathers were well knowleageable of history and all associated fanaticism.

Udie: Isreal profiles their arabs I guess, but how good has that been at stopping homicide bombers?
 Very good. Dozens of people trying to sneak into Israel with weapons/explosives are killed every year by forward ambushes, at checkpoints, etc. US media only writes about successfull terror acts. There are plenty unsuccessfull ones.

midnight Target: Are we gonna check genetics?
 No. Just check his passport and if he is from Saudi Arabia or one of those countries - profile the hell out of him before issuing him a visa. If he does get a visa, make sure to keep track of him. Foreigners do not have any rights to come here. The whole point of having a sovereign state, borders, army and INS is to keep foreigners separated.
 Constitution applies to legal residents of the United States. If you are a foreigner and outside it or if you are here illegally or if you are a part of an invading army, US constitution does not apply to you.
 Of course rights are different from jurisdiction. Illegal alien may have no rights but still subject to jurisdiction (being punished for a crime, etc.)

miko

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2002, 11:35:36 AM »
Originally posted by KG45
lest we forget -

the worst act of terrorism in the US before 9/11, the bombing of the Murrah Bldg.  in 1995 was perpertrated by....

...a blonde haired, blue eyed, white boy, militia type, RWer.

when do we begin the profiling of these guys?

and let us not forget that the current investigation into the Anthrax attacks is not focusing on Arabs.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2002, 11:39:21 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty
Sandman my understanding on 187's defeat was that it was primarily based on the view it was an attempt to regulate immigration at the state level, which is unconstitutional. (and also a reference to the legal requirement that children attend school thru the appropriate age (16?))

True on the first part. Not sure of the second, but it also violated the 14th Amendment, specifically Section 1... due process and equal protection.
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2002, 11:47:46 AM »
Miko wrote:
No. Just check his passport and if he is from Saudi Arabia or one of those countries - profile the hell out of him before issuing him a visa. If he does get a visa, make sure to keep track of him. Foreigners do not have any rights to come here.

I'm not talking about Visa's or Foreigners. What about US citizens? Can you tell an Arab by sight? How many others will be detained because their skin is brown?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2002, 11:50:52 AM »
Bingo.
sand

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2002, 11:57:30 AM »
Unfortunately all true texts of the ruling I can find are pay-per-view, and I'm not quite that interested.

The only unconsitutional references (aside from immigration regulation) I can find are to the CA state constitution.  This would seem to make more sense as it states, "...the Legislature shall encourage by all suitable means the promotion of intellectual, scientific, moral, and agricultural improvement."

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2002, 12:00:33 PM »
Fatty try this one:

http://www.courttv.com/legaldocs/government/187.html

In light of the United States Supreme Court's decision in Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982), in which the Court held that the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment prohibits states from excluding undocumented alien children from public schools, section 7 in its entirety conflicts with and is therefore preempted by federal law.

I haven't started picking at Plyler v Doe yet...
sand

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2002, 12:00:54 PM »
btw KG, I don't think you're going to find many people opposed to closer observation of white supremists, seperatists and militia.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2002, 12:00:55 PM »
Check out the website I linked Fatty. Maybe you'll see some info there.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2002, 12:16:58 PM »
Originally posted by Leslie
Just for clarification's sake...the Bill of Rights consists of the first ten ammendments to the Constitution.  These ammendments are there to limit Congress as to what they can and can't do, and only apply to individuals in an indirect way...by limiting Congress' actions, i.e. the law as handed down by Congress.  If this is not so, please correct me.

That was how it was in the early days.  After the South got their butts kicked in the 1860s, the states had their power limited by Bill of Rights under Amendment XiV.  Since all local governments are 'creatures of the state', it applies to them also.

Individuals can commit crimes or be held liable in a civil court for actions, but only governments can do things that are unconstitutional.

Go ACLU! :)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2002, 12:23:15 PM »
Yep.  Though she cites previous rulings so it's hardly controversial, to me that's a pretty hard stretch for the 14th.  It would seem enough to simply cite federal law as she did more often (appears from her ruling she is more comfortable with those, such as the disability act).

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2002, 12:31:12 PM »
Racial Profiling=Add-hock application of a reactionary politically motivated addhesive bandage that does nothing...
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline N1kPaz

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
screw the immigrants!
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2002, 12:35:47 PM »
whoooaaa...

i forgot...this country was founded by immigrants, and its ethnic diversity is one of the things that has made it so great (think outside the box???)..