Author Topic: Has there been any documented cheating in this game?  (Read 743 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Has there been any documented cheating in this game?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2000, 03:34:00 PM »
 Mighty1 I believe that hackers/cheats love to bask in the "glory" of what they have done and they end up tooting thier own horn and are quickly found out. By thier nature these people can't shut up about it and they do or say somehting that lets the whole world know just how "kEwL" they are.

-Westy

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »
Normally I would agree with you Westy but as a part of my job I deal with Hackers all the time and not all of them like you to know they are hacking.

The hackers that I've had the most problems with are the ones that are quiet and never tell anyone what they are doing. These are the guys that really know what they are doing when it comes to hacking and they don't have to prove anything to anyone else. These are also the hardest ones to catch.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

~Ice~

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
I have a question for all of you....

If 5 out of a hundred were cheating on a given night....what difference would it make anyway?

HTC would eventually identify who it was and they would be gone.

In the 11 years of flying online multiplayer aircombat sims, I can assure you that there have been some hacks from time to time, however, they have had no impact whatsoever in the play of the game.

Im sure some of you may think that the sky is falling if one were present in AH....It's a total waste of your time being concerned at all.

I shouldn't have posted this because I know that no one will agree...I just get tired of pointless topics which do nothing to enhance our sim....so.....

I'm Out!

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2000, 05:17:00 PM »
Well...I saw AW on AOL go down the drain when the Cheat-O-Matic proggie was being used. Nothing like a hack to drive the honest players out of the game.

Lars

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2000, 05:52:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone has been caught cheating yet, but there are a couple people I've seen that have such poor connects they warp all over when you get close.  (What makes it worse is that a couple of them will NEVER relog or do anything about it.)  I think maybe connection issues play a big part in this.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
Your SO WRONG ~Ice~!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you  .

Maik
<JG54 Grünherz>

Offline Fritz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2000, 01:20:00 AM »
no cheats for an online game ...lol . you sure? really sure?  

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2000, 03:02:00 AM »
Hi

Anyone remember the screenshoths of the B26s and P51s with unlimited bombs and paratroopers? Did it amount to anything?

thanks GRUNHERZ

Hans

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2000, 03:10:00 AM »
Some people do try to hack the game once in a while.

There was a screenshot of a pair of B-26s firing rockets and dropping an unlimited ammount of bombs posted by somebody a few months back.  HiTech and Pyro jumped all over them and banned them for life.

Most of the time this game is safe.  Its custom code (unlike Quake and Unreal where its intentionally easy to understand and modifed), there are security measures in there, and somehow HiTech and Pyro KNOW its your computer online.  Just try to cancel your account, start a new account up and see if you get another two weeks free.

I know.  I switched accounts about two weeks ago (I wanted a new handle to match up better with my brother's name of "Lt. Hans"....I changed mine from Hans to Lt. Frans so we match better than "Hans and Lt. Hans").

I wasn't trying to get two weeks free with a new account, as another little idjit tried a month or two ago.  He even posted requests here asking us "kewl dudes" on how to beat the sercurity.  I guess he thought we all were like him, screw the system, hack the planet, warez are godz.

At any rate sure as rain, the system instanly said my two weeks were up in the very first attempt to go online, and I happily put in my CC number and go back into the game, with my new handle.

Hans.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2000, 03:53:00 PM »
Hans and Frans?

------------------
  Pray not for an end to the slaughter...but for VICTORY!!!

Offline 54Ed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2000, 08:18:00 PM »
Saw this happen in FA 1.0.  

Problem is, cheat rumors are like Bigfoot.  Once the legend grows, every glimpse of a bear in the woods becomes a Sasquatch sighting.  Same with hacking; every warp, tight turn, or good shot becomes a hack in the mind of the observer.

It doesn't affect the gameplay, but it gets annoying to be accused of hacking everytime you BnZ someone and climb out of range because you had more E.  

I surely hope the rumors don't start in AH.  Sounds like HTC does a fine job of squelching it so far.  And if they don't, then ".squelch 1" does a good job too.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2000, 10:19:00 PM »
I seen at least 47 cheats in the last tour!!

Just so happens this number matches the number of time I was shot down last tour!!  

Wait!  There's your documented proof.  Due to my excellent SA, my keen flying ability, and my eagle eye shooting form, I should not get shot down.  So anyone who does so, must be cheating!!!

So everyone who downed my aircraft last tour, please step forward and apoligize to the rest of the AH community!!

Thank You for your support!!  
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Beurling

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2000, 01:14:00 AM »
There is more cheating here than you would think.

Guys not only hack they fly 2nd and third accounts too.

They use them to spy. It makes the game alot easier if you know what alt and who your fighting.

The real goofs kill one account for points.

Oh ya thx to the guys who have uped on vulching runs multiple times. I owe you all some kills.

Yep guys will up a 2nd account and give kills to all there buds too.

Have fun any cheater can be killed easily if you have alt and smarts.

If you run into one who you think is just too good film them.
Often the film will tell.

Also you need to realize the guys who do this will post hey this isn't going on

It never was. LOL What BS!

Enjoy the game try to improve personaly every tour. You cant stop cheating so why even worry.

EYE

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
The truth is that AH has been hacked, is being hacked and will be hacked. Because at the end of the day, the internet (and computers in general) attracts people who have social 'issues'. They feel completely in adequate in life generally, and the only way they can make people take notice of them is by 'hacking' (or whatever you want to call it).

Sad B'stards one and all.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Fritz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2000, 12:22:00 AM »
Aces High hacks can be obtained here at this site.  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Skyrocket/2978/aceshigh/super.htm   for all you that don't believe theres more hacking than you thought ... duh ..  isnt there torque?