Author Topic: World Cup is underway!  (Read 510 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
World Cup is underway!
« on: May 31, 2002, 08:00:35 AM »
:D

I missed the last 20 mins of the first half from driving to work!   I've got the second half on the TV off and on now.  ;)  Bless the education system for the Cable in the Classroom initiative!!!  Eagler's tax dollars being spent right here!  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 08:05:24 AM »
Yeah, and CrackMaddonna still hasnt got his entry visa from Japan.

THERE IS A GOD PEOPLE! :D :D

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 08:16:01 AM »
I'm sure the English view him as the devil!  ;)

If I was the Japanese, I'd give him his visa...  July 1st.  :D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 08:30:46 AM »
Is that the sport were they dress up in shorts and chase a weird color volleyball up and down the field?

Where are the pads and helments???

:)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 08:54:11 AM »
Eagler, that's the sport all the football rejects play. As my high school football coach used to say as he was cutting people :"don't worry son, you can always make the soccer team."

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 08:55:01 AM »
Just had some HUD instructor from England ranting about it all class long.

We all just looked at him like it was a Bowling World Championship, nodded, tried to seem interested. It WAS more interesting than HUD 3 part obvious mtx I guess.

They showed Womens softball on ESPN2, and I actually watched the Spelling Bee championships there today.

Thank God for Nascar. The Packers will be on soon, I beg.

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 08:59:39 AM »
About time someone knocked those arrogant French sod's of their high croissants :D  WTG Senegal, clear the way for us English, thats what we like to see :P

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 09:11:35 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
Eagler, that's the sport all the football rejects play. As my high school football coach used to say as he was cutting people :"don't worry son, you can always make the soccer team."

And of course anyone who couldn't make the Basketball team could always play football.

;)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 09:16:29 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
Is that the sport were they dress up in shorts and chase a weird color volleyball up and down the field?

Where are the pads and helments???

:)

Canadian Hockey players refer to football (Soccer) as "ballet on grass".  But...it is rated as THE most challenging game to play in terms of fitness....players are on the field for the whole game (unless substituted)...American Football and even hockey have players on and off the field/ice all the time...must give them time to rest given that they have to carry around all that padding, I guess.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 09:27:04 AM »
If the Yank's think they are soo tough with their "football" then they should try rugby. Think "footbal" without pads and more blood and u sorta get the picture :D  Real men's sport, sans the pillows :)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2002, 09:29:17 AM »
Played Soccer (Futbol, football) for 14 years and anyone who disses it,  wishes they had the stamina and energy to play out there for 90 minutes.   Of course the beer-bellied armchair whiners, will say it is for sissies.  Sheep say that stuff, but when their fat-asses get off of the couch and RUN for 90 minutes, their tunes change. :mad:   Football (American) players today are candy-asses.  "I rolled my ankle so I'll be out for a week or two".  What the hell is that about? :confused:  I rolled my ankle playing American football and stayed in.  I guess when greed sets in your bellybutton plops on the couch and you're used to it!   Suck it up and stay out there.    

More sissies play American Football.  Take the pads off (LIKE THEY USED TO, then maybe you have an arguement!!):rolleyes:

With the French loss today, that opened the door for Argentina and England.  BUT, never forget Brazil.  

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2002, 09:34:34 AM »
J/K about soccer er football er soccer, I know its tough, don't get your panties in a wad :)

Rugby is better - like kill the man with the ball with teams :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2002, 09:37:38 AM »
"But...it is rated as THE most challenging game to play in terms of fitness."

Sorry, that goes to rugby.

Daff (Who would love to see a defensive line man play for 80 minutes)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2002, 10:04:00 AM »
Like I said in the other thread, this doesn't open the door for anyone in the Group of Death.  France will still come out of Group A.  If they finish second in Group A, it actually makes things worse on the Group F winner.

Besides, the English aren't a lock to advance.  ;)  Take care that another Euro team doesn't get bitten by an African team.  

Oh, and I have no doubts the US will come home after June 14th.  We'll lose to Portugal, tie or beat Korea and lose or tie Poland.  Only way we can advance is if Portugal stomps Korea and Poland, and makes it just a 3 team round robin for second place.  Of course, we could miracle a tie against Portugal...  lol, yeah right!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
World Cup is underway!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2002, 10:06:12 AM »
not achance, but it would be nice!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC