Author Topic: Pizza?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2002, 01:53:05 PM »
You guys are kidding on this map thing...

Right ???

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2002, 02:43:14 PM »
Yep...... it does look like a pizza. I spent a fortune sending my son through college. He now has a masters degree in computer science. at least thats what I think it is. So I'm gonna get a little payback and have him do some terrains. Try to keep them historical. Maybe some mountaines areas, some desert, some farm lowlands. Straits, harbors and a large body of water, all keeping with the new strat system. Time to break out the world map and take a look. Any Ideas out there?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2002, 03:44:04 PM »
#1 suggestion: if you have aspirations of seeing it in the Main Arena get feedback from Hitech before expending too much effort. Contrary to popular opinion, he's a nice guy.:D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Pizza?
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2002, 04:19:50 PM »
WTG AKs.....not bad for a squad full of gay dudes.

LMFAO

Hey AK's  Im looking forward to taking a crack at it.

Also looking forward to the new strat system.

you critics crack me up man.  You piss and moan more than my chemically inbalanced ex-wife.

Relax, take your prozac or something.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2002, 05:03:28 PM »
Nobody can piss and moan more than my ex wives, and I've  had two of them. It still looks like a damn pizza.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2002, 05:09:42 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
Nobody can piss and moan more than my ex wives, and I've  had two of them. It still looks like a damn pizza.

I look forward to seeing your design. :)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2002, 11:38:59 PM »
It's not as easy as it looks. You have to make the map using only 6 different tiles.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by weaselsan
Yep...... it does look like a pizza. I spent a fortune sending my son through college. He now has a masters degree in computer science. at least thats what I think it is. So I'm gonna get a little payback and have him do some terrains. Try to keep them historical. Maybe some mountaines areas, some desert, some farm lowlands. Straits, harbors and a large body of water, all keeping with the new strat system. Time to break out the world map and take a look. Any Ideas out there?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2002, 11:50:24 PM »
Originally posted by Gypsy Baron

At least with the AW 3-sided map you could still gain some
 suspension of reality and "get into it"...

With this ludicrous "pizza" terrain it would be REAL hard to
 suspend belief. Absolutely NOTHING relates to "real life"
 in terms of TERRAIN...only PIZZAS!

I find it to be the worst looking terrain I've ever seen...bar none!

I still hope beyond hope that it's nothing bu a giant, oversized
 troll or joke!

Alas, I doubt it's a joke.  I really hope that it doesn't turn you off enough to quit tho', as the constant drone of your crying in the MA would truly be missed.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2002, 12:29:44 AM »
Gypsy have you seen the terrain yet ? Or just the map ?

Real life terrain doesn't work in the MA, as we've allready seen . Case in point, Mindanao, great terrain, but not for the MA . 75% of the space is unused water, it's very vehicle unfriendly and one country all ways gets screwed because of the asymetry . The MA is a fantasy war (more than two sides) fought by fantasy countries using fantasy planesets, it just doesn't work out well with real life terrain . That's why we have a CT, but nobody wants to use it, instead they would rather whine about the unrealism of the MA .

At least see the terrain before you complain about it, give it a chance, and give the CT a chance while you're at it .

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
Pizza?
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2002, 08:08:55 AM »
Originally posted by Samm

Samm"75% of the space is unused water,"

I use the water all the time for stealth attacks  :)

Samm"That's why we have a CT, but nobody wants to use it, instead they would rather whine about the unrealism of the MA ."

Yeah...........why dont more of us use the CT?
If there were a larger player base in there i prolly would leave the MA all together
« Last Edit: June 02, 2002, 08:14:44 AM by MugZ »

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2002, 08:37:52 AM »
Must get lonely way out there in your stealth water, or are you talking about around the coast . I didn't say that nobody uses water, I said unused water .
« Last Edit: June 02, 2002, 08:40:20 AM by Samm »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Pizza?
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2002, 08:41:30 AM »
AK's Map looks Fantastic.

I know there is some interesting canyon's in it.
What else we will find is the fun part.

But I'm seriously looking forward to a map where you'll be able to find a ground battle or some PT action on a regular basis. Piece of Pizza map looks good on that score. But we won't know for sure till we fly it. 5 fleets to play with!

Ease up on the whines till you've actually seen what it has.

Anyone else think 1.10 will be out this week?

Offline Olgzr3

• Zinc Member
Pizza?
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2002, 09:16:30 AM »
First uterus now pizza...hehe. IMO this map should be a good one, it sounds like it has everthing.Canyons, plenty of cvs and gv bases and HTs new strat. Will it be a "great" map? Hard  to tell. Put 400 people in it for a few nights and you will know. Anyway to AKs for the effort.

Olgzr

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2002, 09:25:28 AM »
Did you notice the pizza map is divided in a way which resembles the peace sign - and the green fields have been placed in the form of a bird (white pigeon, sign of peace and freedom..=)

It must be a joke :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2002, 11:22:12 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
Did you notice the pizza map is divided in a way which resembles the peace sign - and the green fields have been placed in the form of a bird (white pigeon, sign of peace and freedom..=)

It must be a joke :)

Quite an imagination