Author Topic: Pizza?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2002, 12:09:54 PM »
Apologies to the AKs if my tone was insulting.  I was trying to make a memorable post, not a derogatory one and I think I overstepped the line.

Every once in a while I get reminded abruptly what a diverse community this is.   I always thought I was pretty average, but that doesn't mean most everyone's going to think the way I do.

I'm sure when 1.10 comes out, the new terrain will be a big hit.
People will have a lot of new planes to fly around in and I'm sure find alot to do in the terrain.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2002, 12:12:21 PM »
I think it is a neat map.  Fair division of territory and the like would by nature suggest a symetrical shape.  Form follows function in this case.

The CT will have plenty of another flavor of action, as always.  I think once people play this map though they will like it - a lot.

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2002, 12:39:20 PM »
"Well actually I offered up that suggestion because it's an elitest thing and only special squads will be considered... "

SW

which are the special squads? which qualify for consideration? I'm really interested in the social structure of this game and would love it if someone could inform the rest of us the hierarchy of standing within the different squads. is it a written thing or just one of those 'nod/wink' sort of things?

thanks

hawk220

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2002, 12:46:17 PM »
>which are the special squads?

Uhhmmm  I believe he was just being sarcastic Hawke.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2002, 12:47:07 PM »
I have yet to judge a map because of its "looks" ... looks is not what does it for me, its the playability (which one of the AK said that HT was looking for).

The AKs' know how to play this game and I'll bet that we will all be pleasantly surprised with the gameplay when we finally get to use it.

I would like to see HT publish some sort of requirements for any map to be considered for circulation within the MA. I would like to take a shot at making a map.

My concern is how to handicap the AKs' for the first 5 rotations of this map. They must know all the secret nooks and crannies and that can't be good for the rest of us. :D (just kidding)

Big <> to all the AKs' on what must have been a tremendous effort. THANKS !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2002, 12:49:46 PM »
For those contemplating making a terrain for the Main Arena our map evolved with input from HTC. Here are a few guidelines:

The fields and terrain should be laid out symetrically, or at least in a fashion that is even and cannot be exploited by one side.

Field distances should always be within .75 and 1.5 sectors apart.

Limit on number of fields is 255. Use them all, no more, no less.

There should be 3-4 zones per country.

Within these guidelines I'm sure there are many layout possibilites but I bet they are all pretty much symetrical. How about tossing out some ideas for a shape/layout here?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2002, 12:51:17 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
Apologies to the AKs if my tone was insulting.  I was trying to make a memorable post, not a derogatory one and I think I overstepped the line.

No prob friend. :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2002, 01:02:07 PM »
Originally posted by hawk220
"Well actually I offered up that suggestion because it's an elitest thing and only special squads will be considered... "

SW

which are the special squads? which qualify for consideration? I'm really interested in the social structure of this game and would love it if someone could inform the rest of us the hierarchy of standing within the different squads. is it a written thing or just one of those 'nod/wink' sort of things?

thanks

hawk220

Certainly, AK's are first, all the rest are tied for second.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :D

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Pizza?
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2002, 02:01:57 PM »
I have to agree that it must be one of the uglyest maps made for AH.. But you got to start from somewhere and maybe it will give a good gameplay balance. We'll see soon.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Pizza?
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2002, 07:33:01 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Friendly advise : I've copyrighted this sentence ... please contact my lawyer ;)

hey, I am saying it for you! ;)