Author Topic: Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Dweebishness Stat
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2002, 03:10:43 PM »
what about a new stat, that would appear next to kill ratio, a sort of perk-ratio. So flying a n1k, la7, etc all the time would tend to count less than doing well in a "real" plane.

It would be a ratio of perks given vs perks earned(excluding the end-of-sortie multiplers)
f4u-1 and a n1k2 kill each other 5 times(5 kills each, 5 deaths each)
f4u-1 earns 20 perks, gives 1.25 perks, giving a ratio of 16.0
n1k2 earns 1.25 perks, gives 20, giving a ratio of 0.06
So while both show the same kill ratio, the f4u-1 pilot is shown to be winning against superior opponents.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2002, 03:23:12 PM »
How about they limit UBB planewhining access to those in the 2 week free trial?  That way the board won't be clogged with jaded veteran plane-snobs whining about the untermenschen tooling around in so-called "UFOs"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2002, 03:26:08 PM by funkedup »

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2002, 03:23:56 PM »
Beetle. Count the number of German fighters sometime.  Then count the number of Japanese fighters. Duh. If you want to fly IJA/N your options are VERY limited.

The Nik has been through 3 totally different FM's since beta(all of them the most realistic, no doubt).  I have been forced to learn how to fly the thing over and over. This can be said of no other plane in the set.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2002, 03:34:12 PM »
Originally posted by DarkglamJG52
1) 15 G's movements  without structural failure
[/B]

You must have a better G meter than my planes.  I only see 9 Gs max on mine.  Does yours rap around when it goes past the 9?

2) Eternal nose up (also in the N1K)
[/b]

Bzzzt.  Wrong.  In fact, I find Spits to be the easiest of all planes to rope regardless of what I'm flying.

3) Outurn a Zeke (Spit V)
[/B]

Only if the Zeke pilot sucks.  Hm.  Do you fly Zekes?

4) Magical E maintenance
[/B]

LOL

5) One Hispano ping D800=kill
[/b]

LOL

6) Optimist roll-rate 200-300Mph
[/b]

LOL

7) etc, etc, etc...
[/B]

No, don't give me "etc etc etc."  I want you to specifically delineate every factual problem with Spits as modelled in AH.

The N1K is a 747 comparative with the Spit IX. The only advantaje of N1K is ammo .
[/b]

LOL

Your new handle shall henceforth be Hyperbole Boy.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2002, 03:57:02 PM »
Been forced to learn to fly the nik over and over ??????????

ur serious

LOL
:p

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2002, 05:20:29 PM »
got 80 kills and over 30 deaths in the la7 this tour.
95% of time I used the la7,  I took off from a vulched base, and that says a little about how good it is.
I could never done that with a spit14 even without tag.

so who the fek said the fu4 was a ufo ? maybe for 2 turns then its a brick.

airguard

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2002, 05:47:10 PM »
You girls talking about flying 1944 "real men's" planes in the arena really crack me up.

Planes just far enough down the popularity scale to scream about how hard you have it and the skill that's required, yet still far up enough in ability to kill everything in the arena.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2002, 05:49:01 PM »
dang it Lev, you got to him before I did!    Answered him better than I could have to!

Bah, Spit is a dweeb plane.  La-7, N1K2, blah blah, wah wah wah.  

Pee-51 is a dweeb plane.  All they do (13th TAS not included, they'll fight) is run.  Today I saw 3 P-51s.  They came in made ONE pass on the field to vulch, not take out ack, not hit a hangar, not hit anything, and then ran straight out about 5-7 miles, turned around and came back again.  :p

109G-10 is a dweeb plane.   Climbs like a scalded monkey up a tree.  Has big ol' tater lobber for a gun.   Hblair only needs to LOOK at you and your wing falls off.  I doubt he even pulls the f'in trigger.  ;)

Dang P-47D-30!  frickin' 8 0.50 cals!!!  frickin' 2500 lbs of bombs!  rockets!  you can't get more JABO dweeby than that...  ;)  and they way that thing dives???  omg!  650mph and smooth as a baby's butt!  

I don't care what anyone says, what they call me or whatever.  I'm flying the Spitfire V.  Every sortie that doesn't involve me having to race 25-40 miles to help out in a defense.   If you want me to fly "real men" planes, uhmm, too bad.  I pay the $15/mo, I fly what I want, where I want, and how I want in the MA.  My only regret about flying the Spit V???  It's I don't get to wing with Leviathn or SirLoin very much in them.  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2002, 05:54:52 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty
My only regret about flying the Spit V???  It's I don't get to wing with Leviathn or SirLoin very much in them.  :D

It's not my fault you're always in an La7 when I'm around you.  :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2002, 06:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

It's not my fault you're always in an La7 when I'm around you.  :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

hehe, well, don't be around when we have to go 30-40 miles to attack or defend!  ;)  I hate long flights!  takes me long enough to kill someone, I don't need to spend 20 mins getting there!   Tho for perk reasons, I'm using the La-5 this tour for that purpose.  Does the job -almost- as well.

Actually, the last time we were in the same area I was in the Spit V.  I was looking forward to fighting in the fur with you, but saw Sachs with a bandit on him, so I dropped in and cleared him.  You got about 3 kills before you were ganged.   I felt bad.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2002, 07:46:29 PM »
OH MAN!

I may have to revive "Wit of the Week" again.

Admittedly I'm just in from Day 1 of our airshow and I'm tired, sunburned and full of frozen Margaritas (one of our group is the ICEE distributor here.. man, those machines can make a mean Marg!) but I laughed my butt off at these two:

Funkedup: "How about they limit UBB planewhining access to those in the 2 week free trial? That way the board won't be clogged with jaded veteran plane-snobs whining about the untermenschen tooling around in so-called "UFOs"."

Fatty: "You girls talking about flying 1944 "real men's" planes in the arena really crack me up.

Planes just far enough down the popularity scale to scream about how hard you have it and the skill that's required, yet still far up enough in ability to kill everything in the arena."

Both of them true, both of them funny.....  

... and Nifty, thanks for noticing! Too often we get lumped in with... well....... others.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2002, 11:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Been forced to learn to fly the nik over and over ??????????

ur serious

LOL
:p

cc...pretty damned funny.  Almost as funny as thinking the P38 is a hard plane to fly and get kills in.  :p

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2002, 12:11:41 AM »
MUHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2002, 12:36:26 AM »
<>

I don't know.  I was actually thinking more based on a difference in fighter rank modifier.  As it is now, a perk score of 3 would be moidified downward to say 2 or 2.5 if some pilot who is ranked #50 shoots me down who is ranked #500.  (Same for pilot ranked #600 who shoots someone down ranked #900.)  But my perk score would increase to say 4 or 4.5 or some variable amount if I shoot down a pilot ranked #50, #100, or #400.  A weighted modifier based on difference in rank.  This would also allow the lesser pilots a more reasonable chance at flying perked fighters and the aces it wouldn't be so easy for them (i'm sure that'll illicit screams!)  

I hadn't really put much thought into it though, I'm sure no one will like it and I'm sure there are holes in it and I'm not going to put effort into working out a system, but just present the idea.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2002, 02:24:52 AM »
Originally posted by DarkglamJG52
Ridiculous, UFO, in what way?

1) 15 G's movements  without structural failure
 2) Eternal nose up (also in the N1K)
 3) Outurn a Zeke (Spit V) :eek:
 4) Magical E maintenance
 5) One Hispano ping D800=kill
 6) Optimist roll-rate 200-300Mph
 7) etc, etc, etc...

The N1K is a 747 comparative with the Spit IX. The only advantaje
of N1K is ammo .

Sikboy don't forget the damned pt's and flacks ;)

Long live for the braves Hurricane pt killers!!!!

You got anymore of what you're smoking?  Spit V isn't all that fast and can be out run by planes that the Spit IX can easily catch.  Only thing the Spit V does better than the Spit IX is turn.  I think maybe because they carry the same weapons loadout this somehow makes them equal, but in reality and in this game they aren't.  Heck, I can out run a Spit V in my P-38L by just diving if I get in trouble.

Ack-Ack