Author Topic: Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.  (Read 1824 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Limit the N1K to the 2 week free trial.
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2002, 08:41:23 AM »
For those of you blinded enough to think that raw top speed is a key factor to get kills, better put E retention into your formula, and voila: the spits are anything but slow, unless you mean a straight run at sea level.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2002, 09:00:14 AM »
Hehe...

...here we go again. If you have the faster plane, you leave. Anyone flying a 190 oughta shut the he** up about Spits, because they just don't matter. Even the A5 can get clean away from anything but a Spit 14 (which it will outturn).

*If you slow down enough to get caught by superior acceleration, it's your fault.
*If you get suckered into a turnfight with a superior turnfighter, it's your own fault.
*If you lone wolf and you get gang-banged, it's your own fault.

And anyway, what is the point of the whole "ubermensch in unterplane" mentality anyway? If you are trying to prove you are a natural born killer in any plane, and accept the challenge of flying a "lesser" plane, then do so- but shut up about the other, "uber", planes. After all, the whole point of announcing to the AH world "I wouldn't be caught dead in a Nikki/La7/Spit" is posturing, and if you're gonna talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk. Give Fatty credit, you never hear him crying on the open channel or BBS about those "bad, bad uberplanes".

Some people turn themselves into effective killers by using talent and practice; others attempt to do so by removing the competition from the playing field before the game starts.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2002, 09:09:28 AM »
Originally posted by DarkglamJG52
I don't talk about the speed of the Spit V.
[/B]

You should.  It's convenient that you ignore its greatest single shortcoming.

LOL
LOL
[/B]

I'm laughing at you, not with you.

Sure. Spit dweeb procedure: Take off, shot d 3.0, nose up and shot against  plane at 5k alt  near field.   The end of the history is very well-known, the 109 or P51 or P38 or 190 or F4 or P47 pilot dive and kill the moron...and of course says "other dweeb killed".
[/B]

Dweebs are dweebs.  We're talking about planes here, not pilots.  Did you forget that in your self-delusion?  The fact is that the Spit has a very predictable stall, and this (like many other planes) makes it extremely easy to rope if you have sufficient SA and energy for it.  I consider Spits to be easy money.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that all Spit pilots are dweebs who do the things you described above.  Is that what you meant, Hyperbole Boy?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2002, 09:12:06 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
For those of you blinded enough to think that raw top speed is a key factor to get kills, better put E retention into your formula, and voila: the spits are anything but slow, unless you mean a straight run at sea level.

I'll take a 109G10 or La7 over a Spit any day if we're talking pure 1v1.  Both of those outaccelerate, outclimb, and are faster than the Spits while still maintaining a reasonable level of manueverability.

You're yet again overstating your case.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2002, 10:39:13 AM »
You and your particular wisdom again TOD, go 25k and then duel 1vs1 SpitV vs La7, repeat the experiment at 20k vs SpitIX. And you forgot the hispanos and the impact in the way distances affect the killing ability of any spit.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2002, 10:54:20 AM »
Kinda thought anothe "perk the N1K2" thread would pop up after so many said "enough with the perk the La-7 threads" in the last La-7 whine.

AKDejaVu

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2002, 10:59:51 AM »
I'm laughing at you, not with you.

The arrogance is a very bad defect  Old Jedi Hamburger. You would know it.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that all Spit pilots are dweebs who do the things you described above. Is that what you meant, Hyperbole Boy?

Negative, some pilots fly the spit very very well, with brain and using well the UFO  technology.

Fatty. Another scenario: a B&Z plane like  F4,  P51, 190 run to own field because low fuel,ammo or simply fear, happy spit follow him 20 milles without look behind until hi friend of first plane dives and kill the spit. None evasive action.  I saw this many times.

But, the matter is another: that can make a Niki that doesn't make a spit ? ANYTHING  why do people cry about the  Niki?.   maybe because it is a japanese airplane?  and for many people here japan/german planes, cars, girls, trees, drinks, games, TV's etc etc are worse (at past, present, future).    

Greetings.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2002, 11:27:20 AM »
that can make a Niki that doesn't make a spit ?ANYTHING.

Sorry Dark, the english spokers will not be able to understad ;)

"What can do the Nikki that cant the Spit? NOTHING."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2002, 12:18:01 PM »
What I think is that the people who are obsessed with the Spit as UFO need to do is go delve into Spitfire history and performance they way they have delved into 109/190 history and performance.

Right now all they seem to see the Spit as is an easymode crutch, with lots of gamey modifications, for newbies or wimps to use instead of "serious" aircraft like the 109/190.

If they delved into Spitfire history and performance they would find some of the following:
  • Spitfires retained remarkable lightness on the elevator controls at high speeds.  The Spitfire Mk XIV was notably heavier, but still quite controlable.
  • The AH Spitfire Mk V, IX and XIV roll rates at 200-300mph very, very closely match the NACA 50lb stickforce roll rate tests that have been posted.  Above 300mph Spits roll faster than the NACA chart shows (as do 190s), but that makes sense if you consider that the Spit's roll rate at 200-300mph is probably with 50lbs providing maximum aileron deflection, but above 300mph the 50lbs is not enough whereas in reality a Spitfire pilot has room to apply 60lbs of preasure to the stick which would grant better roll rates at speeds where the ailerons were not fully deflected by the 50lbs of force in the NACA test.  This would apply to the 190 as well, but not the 109 in which the pilot can only apply 40lbs of stick force.
  • The American tests on the Spitfire Mk V revealed an interesting feature of the Spitfire, that it was flyable when it was half stalled.  They Americans had problems with other aspects of the Spitfire, but its controlability in a half stall was unique.  They did not like its balance between the ailerons and elevators.  They found the elevators to be too sensitive.

There are many other things they would find too.  They would find that the Spitfire was every bit as remarkable a machine as the Bf109 and Fw190 series.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2002, 12:23:48 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
You and your particular wisdom again TOD, go 25k and then duel 1vs1 SpitV vs La7, repeat the experiment at 20k vs SpitIX. And you forgot the hispanos and the impact in the way distances affect the killing ability of any spit.

My particular wisdom again?  Here you go being extremely selective in your scenario and then using that to generalize.  If I were at 25k, I'd happily take a P-51, P-38, or Ta152 against the Spit V.

The fact is that Spits (with the exception of the XIV of course) are very avoidable, and at any altitude there are things that will be faster, climb better, and accelerate better.   And if you don't like being shot by the Spit's guns, don't do stupid things that will get you shot.  Bitter?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2002, 12:29:58 PM »
The arrogance is a very bad defect  Old Jedi Hamburger. You would know it.
[/B]

It's not arrogance to laugh at relentless ignorance.  In a way, I hope it'll be therapeutic for you.

Negative, some pilots fly the spit very very well, with brain and using well the UFO  technology.
[/B]

I'm still waiting for some proof of this UFO technology beyond your anecdotal evidence.  Why not post some films for all of us to see them doing crazy things that no plane should do?  Surely you have plenty of those lying around given the abundance of Spits.

why do people cry about the  Niki?.   maybe because it is a japanese airplane?  and for many people here japan/german planes, cars, girls, trees, drinks, games, TV's etc etc are worse (at past, present, future).    
[/b]

Now I know you're ignorant.  I think the N1K is an excellent plane with nothing approaching UFO qualities, and those who whine about it are way off base.  However, to argue that their whining stems from some sort of latent racism is crazy.  Good grief.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2002, 12:40:52 PM »
Darkflem, I have to agree with you...Leviathn sucks

Drex

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2002, 01:53:50 PM »
Originally posted by Drex
Darkflem, I have to agree with you...Leviathn sucks

Shouldn't that read "Leviathn drexes?"

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2002, 02:38:20 PM »
My fault...

Leviathn really Drexes bad

Drex

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2002, 02:45:05 PM »
Originally posted by Drex
Leviathn really Drexes bad

It's indeed possible that I drex badly, but I undoubtedly drex less than that drexy Drex.

-- Todd/Leviathn