Author Topic: Balancing countries  (Read 88 times)

Offline UnDeth

• Zinc Member
Balancing countries
« on: June 04, 2002, 06:51:32 PM »
First, I'd like to say this isn't a whine.  I'm also sure much of this has been stated before.  

The populations of each country have been unbalanced on several occasions.  What I'm wondering is if this is something that should be rewarded and promoted in game.  Perhaps I'm mistaken on the numbers, if I am, someone please explain the break down.

As one country gains a numerical advantage, the other countries usually start dropping.  What I'd like to suggest is an in game system to balance this disparity.  Modify score and perk points based on percentage of population.  For example, if Knights have 100, bishops has 50 and rooks have 50, Knights should score fewer points/perks.  Rooks and Bishops would score more points.  Nothing drastic, I'm not sure what kind of percentage, but something to encourage players to stick it out when the going gets tough.  

What do you think?

UnDeth
« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 07:04:07 PM by UnDeth »

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Balancing countries
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 07:06:54 PM »
Does it have to be that complicated?  Why not just block side switchers from switching to a country with more people (or bases)?

Offline Taiaha

• Copper Member
Balancing countries
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 08:27:47 PM »
I'm sure this issue will be making a monthly appearance until hell freezes over, but over the last few weeks I haven't seen the same numbers discrepancies as I used to.  I've been on most days in the evening UK time, and sometimes in the evenings US time as well, and the numbers have been pretty close, give or take ten or twenty to a side.  I know a lot of squads are rotating countries now, so maybe that's helping.  I'm sure there are still times when one side gains a temporary advantage, but I'm not seeing the huge bish dominance like I used to.  And, as a bish, that actually makes me happy.

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Balancing countries
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 08:34:45 PM »
One of the noticable side unballancing features is time of day.  There are apparently a large number of non US based players that tend to play for one country, and so the numbers go way out of wack every day after midnight.