Author Topic: (proposed scenario) Out of curiosity...  (Read 479 times)

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
(proposed scenario) Out of curiosity...
« on: June 19, 2002, 02:06:02 PM »
... how would ct goers feel about a more hypothetical kind of hypothetical arangement?  Specifically, USAAF vs. VVS.  I don't feel like explaining any possible historically based background to support this arrangement, it's more something that I think would be interesting to see.  Maybe on the new Stalingrad map, or Kurils (i.e. it most likely won't be anytime soon).  

mauser

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 03:42:23 PM »
I've got a "what-if" CT set up in the can, with US/Brit vs. VVS.  Kind of what might have happened if Patton had gotten his wish to take on the Red Army after Germany's defeat.  Both sides would have the benefit of a limited number of repatriated Me262's.  I've concocted a way to actually limit the number of a specific plane each player can launch, using a manipulation of the perk point system.  So everyone logging in would get two perk planes for the week and no more.  Don't worry.  There'd be plenty of non-perked planes for both sides.  I've not decided on the terrain to use.  I like the Germany one 10Bears built, but it doesn't have enough airbases at appropriate distances to each other.  Still mulling it over.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Good Idea Sabre
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 03:51:56 PM »
Sabre

Sounds like a really good idea...especially a limited amount of perk planes :D

Drunky
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: (proposed scenario) Out of curiosity...
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 04:41:34 PM »
Originally posted by mauser
... how would ct goers feel about a more hypothetical kind of hypothetical arangement?  Specifically, USAAF vs. VVS.

Why not try?

- oldman

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 05:02:55 PM »
A vvs interferes with the berlin airlift type scenario ? Sounds like fun . I think it would involve some West German LW airplanes though .

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2002, 05:53:35 PM »
I think what Sabre is going after Samm is more of a late 1945 early 1946 setup. That is something that I sort of put out there to Sabre a couple of weeks ago and found out that he was already working on it. I would like to see it happen soon but Sabre said last night "two weeks". :p
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"