Author Topic: The Shrub Strikes Again?  (Read 786 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2002, 01:48:55 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
True  Rip, but I'm still waiting for you to tell me how we've been on a downhill slide since the 60's.
(This should be fun)

:cool:

RAP!!! :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2002, 06:53:32 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
True  Rip, but I'm still waiting for you to tell me how we've been on a downhill slide since the 60's.
(This should be fun)

:cool:

morally

If you can't see/feel that, you must be one of those leading the slide

I'd push it back to the 50's with the 80's turning the faucet wide open ... IMO
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2002, 07:58:28 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

morally

If you can't see/feel that, you must be one of those leading the slide

I'd push it back to the 50's with the 80's turning the faucet wide open ... IMO

Sure, if by morally you mean racial segregation, sexism, McCarthyism, religious intorlerance and state censorship etcetera etc .

Yep society went down the crapper when men started letting their sideburns grow. Aint that right Edith .

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2002, 08:09:20 AM »
the only really huge decline (moraly) I see since the 50's-60's is most americans don't raise their own kids anymore.

we let a bunch of wacked out lesbian activists convince most women that their life had no value without a paycheck,  and took a huge turn for the worse on that day.

so mothers drop their kids at daycare so they can go out and 'be somebody'.  what a load of crap

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2002, 08:51:57 AM »
Good point capt. apathy, I agree, I used to see this a lot with military couples. Not sure how much it has to do with lesbian activists though .

« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 08:54:11 AM by Samm »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2002, 09:34:43 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
the only really huge decline (moraly) I see since the 50's-60's is most americans don't raise their own kids anymore.

we let a bunch of wacked out lesbian activists convince most women that their life had no value without a paycheck,  and took a huge turn for the worse on that day.

so mothers drop their kids at daycare so they can go out and 'be somebody'.  what a load of crap

Now this is funny! Kids are important capt., however the women's movement didn't abandon the children. It gave families and women the option of how the children could be raised. It is entirely possible that the woman of the house might be a better wage earner. No one is saying the man can't stay home and watch the kids.
Freedom of choice means freedom of choice. It doesn't mean freedom from bad choices. Do you really want to legislate the choices people make in raising their children? Or do you want to eliminate the freedom of choice for some (women) altogether?

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2002, 11:49:38 AM »
'liberal p****s' are so glad to be led by such great warriors as

george 'daddy got me in the TANG' bush

and  

dick 'i have other priorities than military service' cheney

liberals are so ashamed of these p****s

JFK - capt PT-109

George McGovern - 35 mission in B-24 over Germany

Max Cleland - body parts left in 'nam

Bob Kerry - body parts left in 'nam

John Kerry - multi-medals

dam them liberal p***s - how can they show their faces in public?
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2002, 11:58:39 AM »
Originally posted by KG45

and  

JFK - capt PT-109

Bush Sr. (TBM pilot, WW2, shot down)
Dole (Wounded I believe)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2002, 12:36:08 PM »
One of the most important mandates in recent history and it gets less coverage than a missing 14 year old :rolleyes:

In case you guys blinked during your local news and missed it:

For too long, the citizens of the Middle East have lived in the midst of death and fear. The hatred of a few holds the hopes of many hostage. The forces of extremism and terror are attempting to kill progress and peace by killing the innocent. And this casts a dark shadow over an entire region.

For the sake of all humanity, things must change in the Middle East.

It is untenable for Israeli citizens to live in terror. It is untenable for Palestinians to live in squalor and occupation. And the current situation offers no prospect that life will improve. Israeli citizens will continue to be victimized by terrorists, and so Israel will continue to defend herself, and the situation of the Palestinian people will grow more and more miserable.

My vision is two states, living side by side, in peace and security. There is simply no way to achieve that peace until all parties fight terror.

Yet at this critical moment, if all parties will break with the past and set out on a new path, we can overcome the darkness with the light of hope.

Peace requires a new and different Palestinian leadership, so that a Palestinian state can be born.

I call on the Palestinian people to elect new leaders, leaders not compromised by terror. I call upon them to build a practicing democracy based on tolerance and liberty.

If the Palestinian people actively pursue these goals, America and the world will actively support their efforts. If the Palestinian people meet these goals, they will be able to reach agreement with Israel and Egypt and Jordan on security and other arrangements for independence.

here is the rest as it exceeded post size limits:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39207-2002Jun24.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 01:19:42 PM by Eagler »

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2002, 12:48:19 PM »
it's not the freedom of choice that i have a problem with.

it's the way the activist types look down on a woman who says she's stays home and raises her kids.  "you're 'just' a house wife" or "oh, so you don't work?"

and btw the freedom of choice still doesn't apply to men. even in this 'enlightened age' you're still a dead-beat if you're a man who isn't employed.

my wife stays home and raises our kids.  she puts in a full day. and still gets.  'what do you do with all that time', or 'I couldn't stand to stay home and just do nothing'

women today are looked down upon as much if not more for not working outside the home as women where looked down upon in years passed where for working outside the home.

so now both parents working out side the home is the rule.

schools are trying to teach your kid right and wrong(and I doubt if they even have a clue themselves)

with both parents working you automaticly have almost twice as many people in the job market, which anyone who's had even the most basic economics class can tell you devalues the hours you do work. simple suply and demand

so you both work twice as hard for less money plus pay for daycare, while a stranger raises your kid, and if either one of you decides to stay home and handle it you're treated like a worthless slug.

parents have to schedual the 20-30 minutes they spend with their kids. and then when he joins the telaban they wonder where they went wrong.

that's all the rant I've got in me for now- Apathy out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 01:06:21 PM by capt. apathy »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2002, 01:24:15 PM »
yep, capt. apathy

all in the name of a few more $$$ and toys

history will show the direct correlation, too many defending their selfishness now to make your point

too many would rather dump the kids and run, to bad for the kid and our future generations as they will do as done unto them not knowing a difference

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2002, 07:34:34 PM »
Nostalgia is a terrible thing and shouldn't be trusted.
sand

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2002, 08:44:16 PM »
Hear hear, Sandman.

Rip, I'm sure that liberalism has caused plenty of problems, but it's also done some damn good things for this country, many of which have been listed. Conservativism has also managed to fek things up pretty good. Liberalism is the force that puts reform in motion and gets our tulips off the ground. Conservatism keeps it in check and makes sure it doesn't go to far. Liberalism exerts the same force on reactionary, conservative movements. They're both necessary, as much as I dislike a lot of conservative thinking.

Brainless, knee-jerk liberals piss me off at least as much as the conservatives do. It comes down to being intelligent about what you stand for.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2002, 10:01:10 PM »
ispar,

Reasonable, itelligent, well worded posts are not allowed! ;)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The Shrub Strikes Again?
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2002, 12:14:05 AM »
Originally posted by KG45

and  

JFK - capt PT-109

And I suppose these hero's would be standing in line to make tulips of themselves in protest of a war on terrorism (ROTFLMAO).  Nice try, but Liberals and Democrats aren't what they used to be by any stretch of the imagination.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann