Author Topic: Bullet trains and Indy convoys  (Read 240 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Bullet trains and Indy convoys
« on: June 25, 2002, 05:20:42 PM »
Hello!

Trains in my new terrain are going about 300 MPH and convoys about 200 MPH! Is it normal for ex. in Main Arena, too? Or is there any brakes to them in Terrain Editor or AH's Arena settings?

I have not earlier noticed that problem, because I have not attacked against trains and convoys... or am I becoming too old and slow?

:rolleyes:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 05:49:40 PM »
Ok heres the deal....
HiTech wanted a fair resupply that was equal and honest to all 3 sides, So however far away your depot/station is to the resupply feild it is ALWAYS a 10 minute ride. Eack Grid in the TE is 1 mile square, each sector in the main is 25 miles. So calulate the distance and you'll get your speed of the convoy's whether they be barges,trucks or trains. I think 4-6 miles from a feild is a resonable distance to equal Real speed.

NUTTZ

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 08:03:24 PM »
Thx Nuttz!

Unbeliavable: "fairy play" in the war! ROFL!!!!

I made Murmansk Railway about 80 miles long to my "Finnish-Russian 1944 Continuation War" map...

Then I tested my first railway in Offline and thought what the hell is in my Bf109 G2 'cause it can't catch that rusty Russian train!:D

Now I understand. I must use couple of intermediate stations and cut the railway to short stumps and resuply intermediate fields that are near the main railway. Right?

Then next problem: I made couple of long railways and roads (between 20 - 50 miles) together about 300 miles. Then it crashed the Terrain Editor program. I think they are too long and that is the reason of crashing. Right?  :confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment