Author Topic: Tastes like Chicken  (Read 451 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
Citabria said:
I guess I will be the only one besides ghosth flying the a6m5. [/b]

Not on your life brother, I'm a zeke addict from way back. I will be right there with you falling alongside you in my nifty lil' burning hulk.  

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2000, 08:00:00 AM »
Easy banana, when your trolling for VERY big fish they tend to move slow. Eyeball the bait a long time. See if any smaller fish come check it out & what happens to them!

As to surviveing in the main, well It was doable in WB in the late war RPS (IF you flew smart) It should be doable here.

Lots going to depend on HOW well it turns.
How well the guns are modeled, stall speed, etc.

Keep it low, canyon fights should be great, also cloud fights. Hunt the edges of furballs, watch your ammo, and lots of friends in fast movers!  

Try that troll again banana with a little live meat on it. You'll have better luck  

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2000, 08:02:00 AM »
I'll be in one also so come get some seal..I mean chicken.

I think some of you guys are going to be in for a big suprise.  

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2000, 09:12:00 AM »
I don't know.

Awhile back I think it was DocDoom that said a good pilot in either a 190 or Zeke was unstoppable.  A few days ago I happened to think of that as I logged on to WB.  I saw the golds just banging the hell outta one of the purple fields, and feeling like a good furball that day I took to the skys in an M5 fully expecting to die.

Well two sorties and 10 kills later I logged off having more fun than I've had in a long time.  I landed both sorties and this was a strongly capped field.  Most of my kills were Spits and I found that if ya got within 150 yards the zeke cannon was deadly.  I found that if I saw an adversairy before he got into gun range I could always prevent him from getting a gun solution, and often turn the tables.

I'm not saying that I couldn't be killed in the zeke and maybe I just got lucky, but I sure gained a lot of respect for the little rice paper fighter that day.  

Sharky

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
Well, Zeke-hunters, I wish you all "good luck!"  You'll need it, because Mitsu's coming back in a month, and he said his new ride will be the Zero  
ingame: Raz

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
Zekekabos

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2000, 04:15:00 PM »
The shocking thing to me about this kind of thread is that this is exactly the way the allies thought of the Zero in 1941 and ooh la la did it bite them.  Did all the respect this aircraft garnered to itself in '41-'43 completely disappear in 55 years?  Or are people mistaking its poor performance in the hands of untrained pilots in '44-'45 as a real guage of its capabilities?

I really, Really, REALLY look forward to blowing some F4U-1Cs away in my A6M5b Zero.

Banzai, Banzai, BANZAI!!!
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

funked

Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2000, 05:09:00 PM »
Karnak, the Allies (at least the US) were flying P-40's, Buffaloes, P-43's, Wildcats, etc.  

For all the hype about the Zero, the overall kill/loss ratios for the war were pitiful.

Real life was "biased" towards planes with big guns and lots of speed.

This game, with super cannons, laser range finders, and 5-mile icons, is biased even more heavily in that way.

The Zeke will be a true expert's plane in Aces High.  I'm pretty sure most people flying it will get splattered.  

Offline Sox

• Zinc Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2000, 05:22:00 PM »
It is true have a Fast B&Z and then have a slow trun fighter can be a good match up. It all depends on how you fight it. It will be interesting.  One other thing tho. Them damn Jap planes where made out of paper. So youll see F4U-C out of the other planes as well. I saspect that The zeke be only good at protecting home base when under attack. In AW3 i would up in a Oscar to do that all the time. But when we get PAC arena and planes the Zeke will be fun to have around for SEA.

------------------
VMF-212  Lancers

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
If you want to see how and why the Corsair has the reputation it has in real life (that many F4U fans feel it doesn't live up too in the game, -1C cannons aside), just match it up exclusively against Zero's.

Then you will see it shine !!  

Only in the hands of the very expert will the Zero survive more than a few minutes, and even so the smart Hog pilot can disengage at will.

What did Funked say?

SPLATTT!!!!!!

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

[This message has been edited by Vermillion (edited 05-31-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Tastes like Chicken
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »
The only real thing I like in Zeke (apart of its WONDERFUL looking), is its endurance. IT had more range than the P51, in some versions it could stay airborne for 12 hours!!

for deep NOE missions can be very useful. In those you dont need a BnZ plane, but one long range turner...and Zeke meets the requirements quite well.

And the damned is really beautiful.