Author Topic: Best specific pilots?  (Read 850 times)

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2002, 10:25:30 AM »
Drex does show up every once in awhile.  He's not on very often, but when he's on everyone knows it.  

Victory 10001 by Drex of ++The Blue Knights++

:D

Offline Apeboy

• Zinc Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2002, 10:37:06 AM »
Soon as I shake off the dust from being gone for several months, the 40b will be added to that list of those namby pamby uber planes. :p

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2002, 11:22:30 AM »
Drex is the best stick "I" have seen in WB or AH. He is good in every plane he flies, and he usually puts himself always at a disadvantage to make it more challenging (hooligan does it too).

Granted these guys are squadmates of mine for a few years but everytime I talk to them I learn something new. Cant tell you how many time I see a lone orange dot on dar with red dots surrounding it.

I ask who is geting swarmed?

Drex answers: "me"

I say: OTW to help

now as I vector to get there quiclkl usually diving cause i know it wil be on oe near the deck. In my 2 minute flight time to hom I see the kill buffer with drex' name all over it. I finally show up and there he is by himself. unreal

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2002, 11:29:14 AM »
Hangtime OWNS the pony low & dirty.

Thanks Ghosth.. but those days are gone. I don't own toejam, in anything at any altitude any more. Thanks to the creep of MS, age, meds, and increasingly lousy eye to hand cordination, my old skills are shot to hell. I'm a mere shadow of the pilot yer thinking of.. Like the proverbial old dog, I have a few tricks still, but this old dog has slowed way down.

There's a new pony boy in town. His name is WldThing. He gets my vote.

But damn, I'd be lyin if I said it didn't make me feel good again to see my name come up in this thread. Thanks, guys.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2002, 11:32:19 AM »
Originally posted by laz
Kappa is an BAD MAN! in the p38 8), A few nights ago, I upped to see him fighting 4 guys alone, 3 of them were smoking and he was chuggin away 8), I will have to find a picture of that :).  I know Festah Is deadly with alt, not sure about slow and low, and Tac, well... Do you guys know Oprah? :D

Don't worry Kappa, I won't tell them that I beat you in the P38 in the Dueling arena ;)

(You don't tell them you beat me in the F4U! ;) )

Oh, and I fixed my rudder pedals too! ;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2002, 11:41:19 AM »
No one wants to stroke my ego... c'mon...

109: Hblair.
-SW

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2002, 11:49:17 AM »
There's a new pony boy in town. His name is WldThing. He gets my vote.

Thnx Hangtime but still your one of the best i know off  ;)

And Load since when has kappa been flying the P51:confused: :)

Hes probebly the best p38 pilot in the game except Fester, havent really fought kappa or Fester, but what ive seen from these too is skills that come with time..

Hmm Best P47 pilot would go to Drex.

190 Probebly Apar, hes a good pilot in that LW plane, fought him before in DA..Put up a good fight.

There are many people that havent been mentioned as good pilots, because we dont hear them talking much in AH, they might be as good of pilots as these names that have been mentioned in this Thread, So you really cant pick the BEST pilots in the game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2002, 12:01:17 PM by WldThing »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2002, 12:32:29 PM »
hmmm, I can't say who is best, because most of those mentioned are countrymates, or I haven't seen them lately, except for Fester.

I fly all of these and I KNOW that I don't rate up there anywhere remotely close to the best. I'm learning, and gradually improving, but I still make stupid mistakes, like accepting HOs or pressing attacks into hordes of enemy. I know, stupid is as stupid does.

This tour:
Yak-9U: 67/9
Fw 190: 23/2
P-47: 5/0
P-51: 50/12
F4U: 16/3
P-38: 9/5 (Jabo exclusively)

Those are ok numbers, which just goes to show that numbers don't always reflect skills. I love to watch the "experts" fly, 'cause I can learn a great deal from just watching. Indeed, I learned more from watching Fester for 10 minutes than in a hundred hours of flying. Ditto for Leviathn, Nath, Ammo and a host of others. I don't look at getting waxed by the hot sticks as a loss. That's because I always come away having learned something, which will make me a tougher opponent the next time we meet
(thank God for film). Ask Fester. ;)

I won't go as far as thanking them for shooting me down, but I do thank them for the opportunity to improve my skills.

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: June 27, 2002, 12:42:13 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2002, 12:37:40 PM »
Let me add 1.

F4U-1: lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2002, 12:39:43 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
Let me add 1.

F4U-1: lazs

Bah! Now you've gone and done it, I'll have to grab Lazs in the MA some night for the Dueling arena..

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2002, 12:54:54 PM »
Geez, people, you should know by now that Drex sucks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline laz

• Copper Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2002, 01:21:32 PM »
hehe.. I have beat both of the "best p51" Dweebs in my facking 38 :).. Ask Shane, wldthing 8).. but anyways, For best yak pilot, i say Fariz, For f4u, I say booky, apar for 190, MrRipely for p47, and for p51, Beemer.  Fester is my warm up meal in p38 ;). You guys are leaving out some REAL good 38 sticks, DblTrubl, ManeTMP, and my bud redog are all very good in 38.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2002, 01:25:47 PM »
only losers fly P-38 ;)

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2002, 01:28:20 PM »
Duh, nobody even mentioned Levi. Not to worry Levi. Theres a difference in winning a real fite and winning a beauty pagent. Hey look I got a bikini on too how come I cant have a prize.

You cant have two guys in the same place. Just one. Everyone else is a loser. Tough luck gals.

:D

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Best specific pilots?
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2002, 01:56:40 PM »
ZzzZZzzZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzZ ZZZzzzz...

please.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year