Author Topic: Westy  (Read 668 times)

Offline Otter

• Copper Member
Westy
« on: November 05, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
I just read the Rotor  "Historical Scenario" thread and then the google threads you posted in "Just Curious" and I gotta tell you that you are indeed absolutely, positively, blowing smoke out of your bellybutton about this whole silly incident.

Not only did you take stuff out of context, you then took it the next step and viewed it as a direct attack on you from folks who know you as a friend.

To see you and Arlo compare each other to kbear and this minor incident as similar to Avenger (who by the way I recallcertainly took his lumps from you) is ludicrous and makes me more than a little sad given how funked up the world is right now.

Aces High doesn't need you as a defender anymore against the skeptics, Air Warrior is dead and buried by the suits. Having been in both for awhile I can safely say that we all have better places to put our passion than attacking each other or putting a false us vs. them mentality into a game for crying out loud.

As for those who choose to see us a 'refugees' fine, I said the same  thing about the AOL AW players who came to Gamestorm when AOL went hourly, the difference is I had time to see how much they loved the game and what the contributed.

New blood invigorates so lets stop shedding it in the boards. CYA up.

Otter aka Vito soon to be Otter again I hope.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Westy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
<rolls eyes> echo echo echo echo

<Westy supporter>

Originally posted by Otter:
I just read the Rotor  "Historical Scenario" thread and then the google threads you posted in "Just Curious" and I gotta tell you that you are indeed absolutely, positively, blowing smoke out of your bellybutton about this whole silly incident.

Not only did you take stuff out of context, you then took it the next step and viewed it as a direct attack on you from folks who know you as a friend.

To see you and Arlo compare each other to kbear and this minor incident as similar to Avenger (who by the way I recallcertainly took his lumps from you) is ludicrous and makes me more than a little sad given how funked up the world is right now.

Aces High doesn't need you as a defender anymore against the skeptics, Air Warrior is dead and buried by the suits. Having been in both for awhile I can safely say that we all have better places to put our passion than attacking each other or putting a false us vs. them mentality into a game for crying out loud.

As for those who choose to see us a 'refugees' fine, I said the same  thing about the AOL AW players who came to Gamestorm when AOL went hourly, the difference is I had time to see how much they loved the game and what the contributed.

New blood invigorates so lets stop shedding it in the boards. CYA up.

Otter aka Vito soon to be Otter again I hope.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Westy
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2001, 06:23:00 PM »
:rolleyes: Bwahahahahaha!

Originally posted by FT_Animal:
<rolls eyes> echo echo echo echo

<Westy supporter>

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
Westy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »
<Golf Clap>

Otter posted:

>stuff that made sence

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Westy
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2001, 07:48:00 AM »
Otter? (and W, Arlo, Rotor, .... too)

The very root of this whole exchange between myself, Arlo, Rotor and now you is that a very small number of BW people came over and made love muffines of themselves, got called out on it by many people here and I back and concur with those folks who didn't like the BW "style."   In all honestly I was embarrased to admit I knew a few of you. Much in the manner someone who's moved up and out would should old friends from Eastbummfugg come visiting and a public reunion turns into a show of nose picking for the biggest booger, seeing who could fart the loudest and trying to burp to several bars of "Dixie"..  and then these goy wonders are amazed that folks stare at them and thier old friend is not very welcoming.

No matter how you, or Arlo, try and redirect the point or the conversation it will always boil down to that. IT is not about AW vs AH. There's nothing for me to "defend" AH about as as over the last year it's superiority in features, programming and developing company are quite evident now to even most AW folks.
 The discourse over this last week has had nothing to do with BW itself. I doubt you few  are the arriving delegation representing the whole place let alone AW - as small a group as BW is these days. Said group of folks you'd be hard pressed to find more than a hand full who were flying AW over the last two years. IMO most BWers will jump on the AH "Fad" for about two months (not the first time for many of them) and then move on. Kind of as they do all games now; RogueSpear, IL2, Op:FP, AoK etc etc etc.

But underneath it all you folks want this ubb to be like BigWeek. You want AH to be AW:4. You want AH to be just the same for you as whatever it was over in AW. Sorry to ruin the fantasy Dorothy but click your heels as many times as you wish....it just aint going to happen.

Westy

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Westy
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
Don't know what you kids all fought about in a previous life and don't give a toejam.  the less reference I see to it here the better.  what I seen was as westy describes so aptly.... trailer trash relatives.

"Much in the manner someone who's moved up and out would should old friends from Eastbummfugg come visiting and a public reunion turns into a show of nose picking for the biggest booger, seeing who could fart the loudest and trying to burp to several bars of "Dixie".. and then these goy wonders are amazed that folks stare at them and thier old friend is not very welcoming."
lazs

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Westy
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
.... trailer trash relatives.

lazs

Yep Lazzie, and I just bought a parcel right here to park my Kentucky Mansion  :).

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Westy
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:

Yep Lazzie, and I just bought a parcel right here to park my Kentucky Mansion   :).

so thats YOUR kentucky yacht!

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Westy
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

so thats YOUR kentucky yacht!

I can only dream.  She is a baut.  Gotta pay for my trailer first.  Afterall, welfare aint all that is cut out to be.  

I was going to upload a picture of her being towed into the parking place.  However, since this wonderfull UBB
  :rolleyes:  does not allow image attachment (did i mention that on nntp you can attach images as a separate message under the same thread that way everyone and their moms dont have to donwload the image everytime the thread opens?) I didnt want to go thru all the mumble jumble of ftping the image to my webspace and all that jaz.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Westy
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
It has air conditioning! Nice!  :)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Westy
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
It has air conditioning! Nice!   :)

Keep your paws off my dreams.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Westy
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Just thinkin' of visitin', cous. You know Ah'm plenty comfy in mah rowboat ltd "pa" edition(puptent attachment).  

Offline Otter

• Copper Member
Westy
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Westy MOL:
Otter? (and W, Arlo, Rotor, .... too)

The very root of this whole exchange between myself, Arlo, Rotor and now you is that a very small number of BW people came over and made love muffines of themselves, got called out on it by many people here and I back and concur with those folks who didn't like the BW "style."   In all honestly I was embarrased to admit I knew a few of you. Much in the manner someone who's moved up and out would should old friends from Eastbummfugg come visiting and a public reunion turns into a show of nose picking for the biggest booger, seeing who could fart the loudest and trying to burp to several bars of "Dixie"..  and then these goy wonders are amazed that folks stare at them and thier old friend is not very welcoming.

No matter how you, or Arlo, try and redirect the point or the conversation it will always boil down to that. IT is not about AW vs AH. There's nothing for me to "defend" AH about as as over the last year it's superiority in features, programming and developing company are quite evident now to even most AW folks.
 The discourse over this last week has had nothing to do with BW itself. I doubt you few  are the arriving delgatrion representing the whole place - as small a group as it is these days. A group of folks you'd be hard pressed to find more than a hand full who were flying AW over the last two years. IMO most BWers will jump on the AH "Fad" for about two months (again for many of them) and then move on. Kind of as they do all games now; RogueSpear, IL2, Op:FP, AoK etc etc etc.

But underneath it all you folks want this ubb to be like BigWeek. You want AH to be AW:4. You want AH to be just the same for you as whatever it was over in AW. Sorry to ruin the fantasy Dorothy but click your heels as many times as you wish....it just aint going to happen.

Westy

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Laughing my bellybutton off at just how far off base you are. As a psychoanalyst you make a great cabdriver.

Since sweeping generalizations have become your stock in trade I see no further need to clarify things for you. Enjoy.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Westy
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
"Since sweeping generalizations have become your stock in trade I see no further need to clarify things for you.

Funny. I thought the same about you and a few others but at least I bothered to reply in detail and with facts.  Ta Ta Otter.

Westy

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Westy
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2001, 03:57:00 PM »
Was that Pa Kettle?