Author Topic: Why Allow Fleet Hiding?  (Read 520 times)

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2002, 11:12:50 AM »
Just because someone doesn't agree with your strat, no reason to get bitter.

If someone wants to hide the fleet for strat purpose, fine, let them do it. If others feel this strat is stupid & want to tell where fleet is or switch sides to find or sink it, then Salute to them & fine, let them do it.

I think there is a lot of players that support both views & both options are allowed under the rules of the game. It is something that has been talked about numerous times. If HTC didn't want it to be part of the game, I am sure they would change it.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2002, 11:16:16 AM »
it aint your fleet until you sink it. The ports are easy enough to capture so are the cvs.

For the most part they are in use somewhere when the port get captured. The dont move fast. The only way they get hid is because the country that captured the port didnt follow up with sinking the cv.

Why allow fleet hiding........lol your kidding right?  that was the whole point behind cvs. Air strikes could come from anywhere and they were "hidin" as much as possible from the enemy. How about adding ship yards in stead of respawning the same cv let one be built every 2 hours with a max 2 or 3 per side. If one is sunk then 2 hours to be rebuilt. If its damaged then it has to rtb to the port for minor repairs (10 min) or the ship yard for major repairs (30 min). The ship yard could be a strat target, bomb it and no ships can be rebuilt until its repaired.  Maybe we could have tenders to make minor repairs at sea. The way cv oops are run in the main now is  more cheesy then sending a cv to a safe place.

I care nothing about cvs, they could be removed from the game it would be fine by me. Dont expect folks to just hand you an airfield.

:rolleyes:

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2002, 12:00:42 PM »
Originally posted by whels

because u didnt get to command the fleet like u wanted, u betrayed ur country and ur squad by blabbin on channel 1. then u further disgraced ur squad by going bish and trying to sink the fleet.   If i was ur CO ur donut would out like a lite.

oh and THANKS for the 6 easy kills while u tried to get the CV.

whels

You're serious.... LOL...

Hello? It's a game. Disgrace doesn't enter into it.

So I didn't get the CV. No big deal. I enjoyed the attempts.

...and like I said. I'll do it again. I promise.

:D Kicked out of SBM... what a hoot... :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 12:05:31 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2002, 12:09:04 PM »
By hiding I'm assuming you mean moving off of the map ? I really am baffled how anyone could hide monstrous ships other than on the ocean floor . Just because it isn't being missused for shore bombardment parked right in front of your base on a silver platter doesn't mean that it is hidden. It's an airfield afterall, you should try to keep them out of harms way .

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2002, 12:12:50 PM »
In this particular case, the CV group was not moved off map. It was in a remote location, approximately 250 miles from it's home port.
sand

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2002, 12:26:25 PM »
That is pretty lame, changing sides and giving away ship locations like that . Loose lips sink ships . In fact giving away positions on chan1 is a detriment to gameplay . You wouldn't think of doing it in a scenario would you ?  So why would you do it in the ma ? Well I guess if you did it in the MA you probably would do it in a scen or CT. If it becomes a persistent problem I foresee HTC taking an interest .

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2002, 12:30:56 PM »
isn't that the other side of the map?

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2002, 12:36:32 PM »
If it's on the map it isn't hidden .

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2002, 12:44:40 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
isn't that the other side of the map?

Yes.
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2002, 12:46:10 PM »
Originally posted by Samm
If it's on the map it isn't hidden .

50 miles away from the nearest occupied territory is effectively hidden.
sand

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2002, 12:49:05 PM »
I'm sure it was in plain sight . Just becuase the enemy can't see it from any of their bases makes it hidden ? It's not supposed to be near any enemy bases . It's an aircraft carrier !

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2002, 12:54:35 PM »
Two grid squares from enemy territory ?! Thats right under their nose . Is this what people mean when they complain about "hidden" carrier groups ?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2002, 02:23:50 PM »
Load up the NDISLES terrain. Locate P14 and then locate grid 6.15. Keep in mind that the Knights owned P14 while the Rooks controlled it's fleet, C13.

sand

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2002, 03:24:27 PM »
When HT was online a week ago he was answering some questions about the loopsided numbers problem and he pretty much stated that defections like this will be much harder in the future...seems like your traitorous days are numbered :)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2002, 10:40:09 AM »
They're not exactly easy now. Switching sides means that you stay with that team for a minimum of 10 hours.
sand