Author Topic: Why Allow Fleet Hiding?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2002, 02:35:22 PM »
Switching sides isn't the problem if some bish/knight/rook player  blurting out the location of their own carrier groups on chan 1 .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2002, 03:04:57 PM by Samm »

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2002, 03:09:24 PM »
I didnt read any thread past the first 1.....\

Just swicth sides when u about to leave and tell ur country where it is....  and why your there ..tell us where there tryn to sneak our bases..lolololol

simple...

Love BiGB
xoxo

Offline OSCAR

• Zinc Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2002, 08:48:06 AM »
Lifes a BIATCH !    oh yeah btw it isnt fair that you fly higher than me or faster or can turn tighter than any plane i'm in so to make this game more enjoyable for me can you please slow down and descend to 1,000ft and fly straight.....cuz you know who would join a game where its hard to get a kill.

Anyways...hiding a fleet is the same as destroying it for your enemy, so whats the problem.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2002, 10:40:20 AM »
First let me apologize to Sandman for the ugly tone of my earlier replies. This is a sensitive subject to me because I often enjoy launching carrierborne ops . But all to often I log on to see that some higher ranking numbnuts has suicidally parked the cv's 5 miles in front of enemy bases . When this is the case I will do one of two things; I will change to a country that isn't misusing their airfields, or I will log off and try again later. And when I see complaints of "cv hiding" they are often referring to any activity other than the aforementioned suicide runs.

Let me see if I have this right now that I've cooled . Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like Sandman was frustrated not becuase the cv was a safe distance from the enemy and they would not allow him to parade it around in front of the unfriendly shore batteries . But because it was moved so far away that it was basically taken out of the game completely, in effect it was "mothballed" (new dweeb term?). And players higher ranking than his self were enforcing this, and would not allow him to recommission it, not because they feared he would put it on a suicide course, but simply because rather than let anyone use it wisely, they decided to let no one use it at all . If this was the case I sympathize with Sandman completely. Not sure if I would've erupted with it's location on channel one but I probably would've changed country .

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2002, 11:17:24 AM »
Thanx Samm.

I'm with ya... parking the CV within range of the shore batteries or the near endless stream of torpedo attackers makes no sense.
sand

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Why Allow Fleet Hiding?
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2002, 01:15:09 PM »
speaking of torpedos

any one used ju88s with torps in formations, quite effective, but still suicide runs, and a more spread out formation would be better