Author Topic: It's difficult to give a help  (Read 309 times)

Offline fradim

• Zinc Member
It's difficult to give a help
« on: July 04, 2002, 10:03:49 AM »
I don't think I am really a veteran, but as I've been flying AH since the beggining I've tried to give some help to new guys seeking for help.

But even with this new system, I think it's really hard. I've tried to help about 4 guys last night and I simply couldn't! Probably because they don't have mic working and don't know how to use radio.

Of course they could read something befoce jumping in but that's not what majority do. Therefore, something might be done to make things easier for them and for us who just want to help.

Maybe all newbies need is a chat window opened as soon as they accept a trainer. Something that would be used just to begin conversation and let "veterans" guide them on the use of radio. Another alternative might be a dialog window just explaining how to use radio to talk with trainer.

In any case, AH site is not really friendly to newcommers. It might help if there was a site like krod had devoted to warbirds with texts like the one kweassa has recently posted on bombing.

Finally, I'd like to have an option to unselect a newbie who might have selected someone else. And I'd be pleased to help other people but I don't want to have dozens of players asking me questions at the same time ;-)

[]

fradim

Krod's site no longer exists but he has a new version at:
http://www.furball.warbirdsiii.com/krod/offline.html

I still prefer the old one ;-)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 11:13:45 AM »
How about ablity to tune his radios and open His radio bar so he can just type to you?

The voice is ment so that he can't miss the chat stuff, and if he dosn't have voice thats fine still makes it easy to get his attention.

Will get the delete ablity in one of the next patches.

Offline fradim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 12:33:13 PM »
How about ablity to tune his radios and open His radio bar so he can just type to you?

That would be of great hellp, I think. Hope they don't get frightened with this ability hehe

Will get the delete ablity in one of the next patches.

thx hitech :-)