Author Topic: Air Attack  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Lucage

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »
Everyone is still there m8.

Offline Deleriux

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
old faces, naa.. most play alias  ;)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Air Attack
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kenny:

...air attack is a much more fun game than aces high... quicker, faster simpler...    :rolleyes:

Hey, Lazs!! I found something you should like!
 :D
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Air Attack
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cooger:
Can I just say. you guys have no lives...

Why?  Because we don't want to play arcade games?

If you want to play flight SIMULATORS i.e. with realistic controls etc, go get flying lessons.

That wouldn't be playing a simulator, would it?   :rolleyes:  You'd be surprised how many people that play AH also fly IRL.  We play a flight simulator because it is a good approximation of the real thing.

But don't knock people for playing a game which imho has better people, better spirit and alot better playability. wtf wants to piss around with their joystick for half an hour just to stay level? when you can be ENJOYING yourself and getting stuck in.

You are entitled to your opinion but have you actually played AH?  The challenge of being able to fly and fight in AH is part of the fun.  If we wanted to just get "stuck in" we'd play an arcade game.

As regards the better people crack, do you know anyone in here?  Do you know how we get along with others?

At the end of the day *NONE* of our lot have come on here saying Aces High is crap etc.

Wrong, you even took a shot at it yourself:

Lucage "...a game free of gimps"

Kenny "and lets be honest air attack is a much more fun game than aces high... quicker, faster simpler..."

Cooger "Can I just say. you guys have no lives... playing a game which imho has better people, better spirit and alot better playability. wtf wants to piss around with their joystick for half an hour just to stay level? when you can be ENJOYING yourself..."

lucage simply gave a link to those who *MAY* want to try it out, and instead he got grief and abuse towards AA.

Lucage got grief because he wasn't polite enough to respect the purpose of this BBS.  This forum is called "Aces High General Discussion" for a reason.  It is here for the purpose of discussing things related to Aces High.

Try getting some manners, maybe learn them in school?

Did your school teach you to say things like that to people?   :rolleyes:  How do you get from telling people they have no lives to commenting on manners.  Sheesh.

Bottom line is this:  I don't mind people offering me the chance to try something new out.  I do mind when those same people choose to do it by saying what I am doing to enjoy myself is boring or sub-standard.  Leave me my opinion and I'll leave you yours.

Please respect the guidelines for the use of this BBS and all will be happy.

--------------------
A "Runstang weenie" and proud of it.

Click on image to go to the 412th home page...

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Blue Mako ]

Offline Deleriux

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
yah right.. so leave us!!!

oh.. right.. im on AA's side  :o

Offline Cooger

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
BlueMako ... When people from your community start slagging a game we play I think it's fair to say we have the right? to say things back. We are simply defending a game we like. yes ok it was wrong for Lucage to come here and type a link on the AH message Board, but is it so right for him to get abuse back ?

No , So in future before telling us we should use these boards properly maybe take abit of control over your flying buddies.

Abit of common curtacy wouldn't go a miss between people.

Offline Cooger

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2001, 07:00:00 PM »
Oh and btw please stop being so condiscending. *shrecking pishes me off*

Offline Cooger

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2001, 07:02:00 PM »
Anyway I'm off to bed. Far too tired to be fighting about who plays a better flight sim..

That actually sounds quite childish

Night Night!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Air Attack
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2001, 07:08:00 PM »
Just one minor point Blue Mako.......the game free of gimps crack was a joke regarding Kenny.......who's known as Kenny the Gimp in AA.......or so Thanatos tells me.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
Air Attack
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cooger:
Anyway I'm off to bed. Far too tired to be fighting about who plays a better flight sim..

Yup, 7:00pm is way too late... past your bed time.   :D

Offline Deleriux

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
1:21 am in uk  ;)

ooOOooh me mothers gonna spank me for being so late

Offline Lucage

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2001, 07:11:00 PM »
We are 5 hours ahead of you. G'night.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
Air Attack
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2001, 07:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop:
Just one minor point Blue Mako.......the game free of gimps crack was a joke regarding Kenny.......who's known as Kenny the Gimp in AA.......or so Thanatos tells me.

Oops, okay I retract Lucages inclusion in above post...

Offline Lucage

• Zinc Member
Air Attack
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2001, 07:15:00 PM »
Sad, but true.   ;)

*Is really going now*

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
Air Attack
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
Okay, maybe I got distracted from what Lucage was trying to do.  Let me try again:

Lucage, thank you for posting the link to Air Attack.  At this stage I do not have any intention of playing the game.  I have checked out the web site and I have decided it is not for me.

Please take the time to play AH if you have not already done so.  There is a free two week trial period that you can use to check out the online arenas.  Though I do recommend that you try playing offline and on H2H before using your trial period to get used to the aircraft modelling which will be rather different to AA.

On a last note, please respect that we have a community here also.  You will find most of us to be helpful and friendly.  Please note that we ("I" if you like, I don't speak for everyone) would also like you to observe the guidelines as to BBS posting, this will help you to see our helpful side.  :)

P.S. Cooger:  I have no control over what the other people on this board post.  I can, however, point out what I think are reasonable requests regarding the BBS use.  Also, if you find that someone answering your posts with a point by point rebuttal condescending, I suggest that you learn to debate a bit better.

And you are right, a bit of common courtesy goes a long way.  Please remember to show the same to us if you expect it in return.