Author Topic: Its A Game!!!!!!!  (Read 130 times)

Offline jdswec

• Zinc Member
Its A Game!!!!!!!
« on: July 11, 2002, 07:37:47 AM »
:rolleyes:  To those so stupid, :rolleyes:  

I have been playing this game for a while now and YES I LIKE IT!!! The thing I dont get is all the complaining about "this map is to big" "what I have to calibrate my bombsite" or "I have to fly forever to get anywhere". Let me tell ya something. This is a video game, not real life, ya ya I know kiss my ass. Well HTech and crew try to make it seem like its real as can be. This I think is pretty neat, considering all some of you want to do is kill kill kill. This is ok but, there is more to it than kill kill kill. Hmmmmm..... Well I seem to be wasting my time because you are sitting there saying kiss my ass, bite me and a lot of stupid words you can think of. Getting to the point DONT BASH A GOOD GAME!!! You really have no room to talk because you didn't create it!!! So anyway enough from me. Keep up the good work High Tech. Good Hunting

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Its A Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 07:44:13 AM »
What him say?

Offline jdswec

• Zinc Member
Its A Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 07:52:37 AM »
FROM DAGO

Breaking News: New Map Kills An Online Sim
Just logged off AH, once again frustrated by the new map. AKs did a good job building a map, but the fact is it is way too big for the current player base.

Unlike some, I do not care to spend the large majority of my time flying and flying to get to an enemy field so I can risk the ack to kill the one aircraft there.

I have done all the icon shutting down stuff, so that you can actually see where a red dot or dar bar is. Way too spread out.

Heres a fun trick, let your squad tell you what field they are at, and try to find it on the map.
Yeah right, way to jammed with stuff to read field numbers.

The concept of the big map might have been a little too ambitious at this point. Maybe we/I can get used to it eventually, but for now I think it took alot of the fun out of the game.

Sadly, after hearing there had been a reset I logged on to try 1.10 on a new map. Unfortunately I found the pizza map still in place.

Now I expect there will be some posts telling me I am a whiner, etc. I guess some guys dont feel anyone is entitled to an opinion if it isnt the same as theirs. I pay my monthly bill, I can feel as I want and I can express it. That is after all the way HTC can get a feeling about the community feelings to differant aspects of the game.

I am going out of town tommorow, wont have a chance to play for about 10 days. If that pizza map hasn't been replaced or rotated at least by the time I get back, I think it will be time to close my account.

The game wont suffer due to the lose of one player like myself anyway.

Dago

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Its A Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 08:27:52 AM »
Since it IS a game, players want it to be fun.  Go figure....
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
Its A Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 09:36:50 AM »
The game wont suffer due to the lose of one player like myself anyway.

But yes it will.  A small amount perhaps, but it does hurt.  I'm sorry to see you go.

For myself, I like the idea of the map, the terrain of the map and even recognize the value of the shape of the map to game play.  But I also find it to be rather large for the time I'm online.  As you can see on the left, I am a PST sort.  What this means it that at the time I usually play (9:00-11:00 pm PST) the arena is populated with we few west coasties and the beginnings of the Australian squads.  This means two things to me:
1) I'm going to get shot down by P-47's a lot...
2) There are enough airfields about that each one of us online could pick our own!

to AK for the map and the think that went into it.  I look forward to having it as part of the rotation, but I look forward to a map rotation even more.