Author Topic: Iran  (Read 399 times)

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Iran
« on: July 12, 2002, 05:44:05 PM »
Sounds like Iran is going to pop and come back to the 21st century!!  Would be nice to have them back:)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2002, 05:56:04 PM »
Ain't that strange: 10 years ago they were enemies of U.S, now they are neutral and maybe in ten years they're allies of U.S?  Heck same happened with russia thouht it took little longer...

What next? Libya in NATO?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Iran
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 01:04:51 AM »
libya has said they are against arab terrorists and is making nice- nice talk with USA (libya has oil they want to sell )

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Iran
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 05:12:13 AM »
sigh..... can't trust anyone if a guy who lost his daughter to U.S bombers is putting his anger away...

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Iran
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2002, 06:15:41 AM »
cross yer fingers..

the less that has to die in this war the better..

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Iran
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2002, 07:16:28 AM »
Guyz... if you think Iran is our friend, or even nuetral.... you are sadly mistaken.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Iran
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2002, 03:41:27 PM »
See what an air strike on a dictators home (Libya) can do. Now thats real change for ya. And for the better I think.

Great work...

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Iran
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2002, 03:50:57 PM »
Oh yeah and where was France, they made the strike fly around them didnt they. Just an important point on that matter.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Iran
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2002, 04:52:00 PM »
Iran has quickly began liking more western culture however.
They're getting more western stuff there and what do you think that people likes?
People there have began to enjoy life in a new way in recent years.
So what does that do? they're getting more positive about western culture and more people are wanting to have parts of western culture.
Bit like China, which has become much more open to outside world than it has been in the past and even adapted some things from western culture.

Hey, it's all good, so why to oppose the good things when the alternative would bring nothing but problems at most.
but it is a progress that will take still many years to come.
Iran might not be friend of the west, but how about opposition? decreasing I would figure.

Does anyone here know how things were in Afganistan before Talibans and russians?
That would be quite interesting history for some of you.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Iran
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2002, 06:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu

Does anyone here know how things were in Afganistan before Talibans and russians?
That would be quite interesting history for some of you.

Even before the 1973 coup it was cruel. Someone is reported to say something against the king - and next morning he's gone, and all his family, including all kids and relatives who possibly could have any reason for blood revenge... If this state of affairs is OK for you - then everything was beautiful.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Iran
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2002, 06:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Guyz... if you think Iran is our friend, or even nuetral.... you are sadly mistaken.

Tumor

If the CIA (working on behalf of US oil companies) hadn't overthrown Iran's elected leaders to install the Shaw as dictator, maybe they would like us better.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Iran
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2002, 07:30:58 PM »
Iran's elected leaders?!

Are you sure you are talking about the country that is on the southern shore of Caspian sea and on the eastrn shore of Persian gulf?

And who the hell is Shaw? Or maybe you are speaking about Shakh of Iran? If so - what does the CIA have to do with the Persian royal dynasty?

Offline Creto

• Zinc Member
Iran
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2002, 07:48:45 PM »
If this state of affairs is OK for you - then everything was beautiful.

is it beautiful?  No, but IMO it appeared stable wether one likedx it or not.  IMO I'd rather see the Soviet Union and U.S. tradin threats scareing  the crap outta each other than what's going on now.  Did I like it? No, but for me there was a sense of stability.  Heck I had a blast buzzin those Soviet freighters bound for Cuba.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Iran
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2002, 09:37:34 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Iran's elected leaders?!

Yes, after world war II, Iran had a short lived Parliamentary government. Prime Minister Musaddeq (spelling?) nationalised the Oil industry, and the west dropped a load in their shorts

Are you sure you are talking about the country that is on the southern shore of Caspian sea and on the eastrn shore of Persian gulf?

Indeed.

And who the hell is Shaw? Or maybe you are speaking about Shakh of Iran? If so - what does the CIA have to do with the Persian royal dynasty?

Yeah, the Shah (Mohomed Shah, Or was is Mohomed Reza, I think these are two different people, father and son maybe?) was who took over as part of the coup that MZ was alludeing too. The CIA has everything to do with Persian Royal Dynasties, when the help those dynasties wrest control of a nation from the hands of a democraticly elected government.

This is probably what I'm least proud of as an American. I understand the reasons for our choices in areas such as Chile, and Iran, but I still don't agree with the decisions.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Iran
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2002, 09:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
If so - what does the CIA have to do with the Persian royal dynasty?

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html

Or just type Mohammad Mossadegh into the seach engine of your choice.