Author Topic: Final Tribute To Air Warrior.  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Otter

• Copper Member
Final Tribute To Air Warrior.
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
[Get a grip!   :)

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ][/QB]

Get a clue

:p

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2001, 01:43:00 PM »
Guys, I just re-read this thread. Seems it started out good, went bad after a joke was taken the wrong way. And then went down the crapper after that.

SWulfe is a good guy, he just don't take any crap on the bulletin board. I know, I've been into it with him before, many times.
If you're going to spar with SW, you need to have a plan. So far you guys have just posted one-liners and filler.

SW has layed it all out for ya there and all you can do is call him she-wulfe?

SW-6
AW rookies-0

:)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
You don't referee for a livin' do ya, Cdr. Rialbh?   ;)

btw: It's not worth frettin' over. I don't figure anything else posted in BigWeek will find it's way over here anytime soon (unless Westy decides to Google it over). That should make everyone happy.   :D

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Arlo ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
LOL, ain't that the truth Hblair  :D  SW's a good bloke overall.  You will NEVER win a battle of text with him, sorry, many have tried, many have, well, logged in disgust!   :p

Anyway, the lead post in the thread was about AW.  Any posts that begin speaking about another sim simply belongs in the officers club. Pyro has posted before on this BBS to go ahead and speak of other sims freely but to do it in the OC.

Just for the record!
Pyro's message

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
I'm not after you Swulf... so now you can rest easy at night as the mighty xBAT is a fearful thing...  :p ;Heh <S>

xBAT

P.S. Oh and welcome AW'rs, enjoy AH its a good game with good people.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
"You will NEVER win a battle of text with him, sorry, many have tried, many have, well, logged in disgust!"

Awww, hell ... that's just pig-headedness.
   :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
"You will NEVER win a battle of text with him, sorry, many have tried, many have, well, logged in disgust!"

Awww, hell ... that's just pig-headedness.
    :D

'
Arlo figured it out too soon!  ;)
<S> all!

Offline texter

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup:
Actually, it was Kurt Tank who invented massively multiplayer online flight sims.

roflmao
  :eek:

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
If he's your best "word warrior", you guys might enjoy the show yet.   :)

And for those that are reading disabled the lead post was DIRECTLY corrallated to Aces High. Just reading the header is kinda like getting the newspaper and reading only the comics.

-W

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
LOL, ain't that the truth Hblair   :D  SW's a good bloke overall.  You will NEVER win a battle of text with him, sorry, many have tried, many have, well, logged in disgust!    :p

Anyway, the lead post in the thread was about AW.  Any posts that begin speaking about another sim simply belongs in the officers club. Pyro has posted before on this BBS to go ahead and speak of other sims freely but to do it in the OC.

Just for the record!
Pyro's message

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
Here's the forum header:

Aces High General Discussion
Open forum for the general discussion of Aces High

I don't see where the first post is directly related to AH. In fact, other than this comment:

he makes reference to Hi-Tech makes note of a fact that should give us all hope for a LONG life for AH. Dale has already been burned (with Warbirds) by corporate idiots ruining his vision and has the chance here to not suffer that fate again. GOOD!

there is no mention of AH.

So, yes, I believe this was definitely an O-Club thread. No big deal really; it happens all the time.

The AW community was a very tightly knit bunch when I played and I'm sure it remained that way to the end.

I'll suggest to you that AH, although only 2 years old, also has a pretty tightly woven community fabric.

One thing I always remind myself of going into a new situation: A person only gets one chance to make a first impression.

It's pretty clear some first impressions have been made on both sides of the fence.

I'll close out with some good advice somebody gave me back in my AW days: "Let your guns do your talking".   :)

Hey, anybody know where old Phantom, the founder of Pain Squad ended up?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
Let me get this thing straight.

If,someday, say, Ford Motors dissapears as a company (for any reason, it doesnt mind), I should mourn the company, and drop some tears at some directive's or designer's speech,because if it wasn't for the company's Model T (about 100years ago), I won't be driving the car I do now?.

lol

Stop looking our own belly, AW-ers. Had not been AW the first MMOG, other would've gotten its place sooner or later. And maybe now we'd not be here in AH, but in another MMOG flight sim.

I'm sorry to see AW dissapearing. But so much pomposity is really stupid.

And I found Staga's post funny, mind you :P

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2001, 05:04:00 PM »
Toad, I'm not gonna flame you, but there is prolly *nothing* more relevant to AH *at the moment* than the death of AW. The money, community, and talent, about to decend on AH is extraordinary.

Passes out clue: The "hidden meaning" in that post is that AW died for specific reasons and *none* of those reasons are present here in HTC land. Secondarily to that was the chance for locals to use that post to find out about our mindset and ways. Lastly a list of AW superlatives - who - if they show up here, will prolly bring thier bounty of goodwill to AH.

At any other moment in History - I would agree with you about the O-club. But *this week* AW *is* the big news at AH. Capish?

-W

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2001, 05:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ratbo:
At any other moment in History - I would agree with you about the O-club. But *this week* AW *is* the big news at AH. Capish?

-W

Seems last 2 weeks, not just last one. Take a look at rotor's thread (the one with 260 posts).

Oh, that is big does not mean its related with AH. AH is a MMOG flight sim. AW was ANOTHER MMOG Flight sim.

There finish the relation. Off-topic thread.

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
I love the changing of my name to SheWulfe.. it's quite humorous. Here, let me have a go.

GimpyBaron = GypsyBaron

Stupor = Tumor

Retardo = Ratbo

StupidLosa' = Montezuma

Ass = Aub

Ahh, you tards are so unimaginitive.

I'm offended...I didn't get a new name.

Listen up princess...your backpeddling to the point of "I never meant to offend anyone" is pathetic. Staga got his hand slapped for being rude when a heartfelt post from a dominant figure of flightsim history was defamed...you jumped in with your fat hole and became a spittling, sputtering, splendiforous target for every member of the Airwarrior community with your "this is MY community" attitude.

What you fail to realize is about 50% (rough estimate...probably more) of the people here CAME from Airwarrior or at one point in time played the game and a majority of them actually played the game during beta long before you figured out how to calibrate your joystick. Most of these people are our friends and have been so for almost a DECADE more than you have known them.

That post wasn't meant for him or YOU to comment on...it was meant for the people that KNOW flightsim history...

So what you should have done was STFU and sit in the corner like the good little AOL chatroom graduate that you are.

I never said that I'd been playing the game longer than you...because I wasn't IN the game when I said it now...was I handsomehunk?

I was on this board from the beginning...keeping in touch with my friends that moved to AH from AW. I watched pinheads like you when they first got here acting like the snotsucking little whiner you're being now. Most of them grew out of it and learned that the world doesn't revolve around their kill ratio. Obviously the only thing you've learned is that "y0r r33l33 GuD aT FlyT5imz"

You're akin to a first grader on the playground...well...it's recess and here come the 6th graders...kindly go hide yourself behind the seesaw where you belong.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
I'm catholic and don't know a rats bellybutton about buddism, But I gaurrantee I piss on one of their Idols, I'm in for a rash of toejam! and I will get what i deserve, Me not knowing or caring about their religion is no excuse.

Also the influx of Aw'ers IS happening, NOW they are AH'ers, But carry with them their traditions, Sorry but thats the facts.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Blue Mako:

So every new product in every existing market owes it's existence to the original?  I don't think so...  Just because a product/game/service/whatever breaks new ground means we need to credit it with creating everything that follows???  Do you credit Henry Ford with creating a Hyundai or a Mercedes?

Can none of you grasp that AH is NOT AW???

Who cares if HT was part of AW before?  Who cares if AW existed?  I don't.  Why?  Because I have never played AW.  I play AH.  That is not a flame on guys who do care, I am stating what I feel.

People who come into this BBS (which is setup for discussion of Aces High btw), trying to tell me who I should respect and who I shouldn't, should maybe stop a second and think about how they would respond to the same.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Blue Mako ]