Author Topic: Final Tribute To Air Warrior.  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
Final Tribute To Air Warrior.
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako:

I just think it's so cute the way you can take offence at a remark aimed at someone else.  Combined with the ability to turn a very specific comment into a sweeping generalisation you are just showing yourself to be full of little surprises.   ;)

Yeah, I'm full of surprises! I can pull a wabbit out of a hat, make all the sheep suddenly lose thier wool, AND auger at the drop of a pin!  :)

Aub

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2001, 10:25:00 PM »
<S> Grizzly,

Nice post.  I wish some of the others who have posted here would take the time to look at it from both sides as you have.

You are also quite right, some of us have signed up to play, not study history, myself included.  I hope some of the other AWers can learn to respect that.

If I have offended anyone with my posts I apologise for the offence but not the message.

Offline Rotor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2001, 10:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by SwampRat:
 Having 10,000 AH flights, or 10,000 posts on this UBB doesn't make you king pig of the toejampile
Tumor

Ok, time to rethink my strategy  :).

Offline Rotor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotor:

Ok, time to rethink my strategy   :).

Oh HELL how did that happen?  Talk about freaking short circuit.  I forgot I had a freaking account in here.  Well, I like my new one better 'cause I am a 3 star general in that one.  Damn it i want POWER!!

Rotor aka Rotorian

Now i gotta remember my new profile password, poop.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2001, 11:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotor:
poop.

Test?

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:

Test?

AHA!

And Wayne, ay aint getting to 25something ya rat.  I will pull the server plug foist.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2001, 11:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:
Test?

Oh no, now there's two of them!  :eek:

Split personality?  ;)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »

Oh no, now there's two of them!   :eek:

Split personality?   ;)

Maybe hehehe.  I dont know how far back this board shows posts, but if it goes far back as beta, look for a couple of posts by profile of Monkey  ;).

Offline Otter

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2001, 11:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan:
Ahhh the penny finally drops!

<roadkill snipped>

You AW kids are in a new neighbourhood, unfortunately you online persona's don't transfer between MMPOGs - earn your respect the hard way like the rest of us. See ya in the air.

Not true I've been an amazinhunk in every online game so far, so as for "earning" your respect don't count on it dillrod.

Oh and p.s. I started on last April Fools Day in Aces High so I guess I'm not a newbie so I can freely tell all of you whiners to byte me and all of you new AW'ers hi and what took you goobs so long?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2001, 11:33:00 PM »
Sheesh ..... and people wonder how the Muslim, Christian, Jew relationship got so heated. Picture it .... 1946 and millions of AWs, survivors of the EAcaust have relocated to AHistine .... only AHistine already has players living there and they don't give a damn about AWish heritage.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
Sheesh ..... and people wonder how the Muslim, Christian, Jew relationship got so heated.

Naaah.  Religious division could never get as heated as the divisions between gamers.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
divisions between gamers.

Come on man, I am barely passing addition and substraction.   Now you are going to throw in division?

<runs out of room screaming widly pulling mako's hair out>

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
<S> To Grizzly for a great post. I singled out this paragraph to elaborate on. This LAST influx of AW's to AH is the die-hards.
We supported AW just to make sure our friends at Kesmai got PAID. Wiht all of them laid off, and AW dead on it's feet - we can now move on with a clear conscience.

This last group contains the "go down with your ship types" ...  The ones with much mettle and little fear. It also contains the Bigweekers... which are prolly the most dangerous "flame warriors" in the entire online world (from sheer experience at the art form, not inherant malice) lacking an enemy, they "spar" amongst themselves for "sport" and score the results on a mental "kill board" with a memory as long as Soloman.

Anyway, all of this last group knew long ago they would come HERE, not Warbirds, if and when AW finally went tits up under EA's "expert" management. And if you read the threads - you know why we'd come to HTC's home and not the corporate abortion of Warbirds.

This last group are hardly "newbies" and never humble... but we make great friends and foes.

I'm already looking forward to the AH CON to meet all my friends old and new....

-W

Originally posted by Grizzly:
 But many never left AW until it was shut down and now choose to come here. These players are of strong character (I bet HiTech chuckles at this) and their presence will be felt.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2001, 12:53:00 AM »
Hell ... missing the last one in the DFW area is still kinda like a kick in the stomach ... no, wait ... teeth ... nono .... nads. Maybe all three ..... with a noogie ... and a wedgie. Maybe a swirlie as well.  

Originally posted by Ratbo:

I'm already looking forward to the AH CON to meet all my friends old and new....

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2001, 01:06:00 AM »
Guys, you *gotta* see the irony of this.

We were lambasted for not understanding the new humor that came to AH threads. Now we'ere being flamed because the newbies don't understand what's been going on here for monnths humour wise. And they were even given a chance to avoid it alltogether.

This is funny.

And, a newbie is a newbie, no matter how good he is. I also believe that it's the "move my online persona and respect etc" ego trip talking in many cases.

Some have now SWulfe on their asses. Just bend over and kiss it goodbye. You're new to this board and have no idea of the tenacity with which the AK'ers will pursue their UBB victims. Accept it, get it over with, and move on  :)

Amusing, this  :)

Oh,btw: this is an O'CLUB thread. We have a thing called the O'Club - make use of it  :)