Author Topic: Gameplay gone fer a ^&%$%$# IMO  (Read 1380 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Gameplay gone fer a ^&%$%$# IMO
« on: July 16, 2002, 08:48:51 PM »
Ok... do ya gangbang? or do ya milkrun?

Do ya defend a base? or attack a base?

hey thats the same question...

Do ya try to defend that base.. but OHH NOO they milkin the one next door too...

This map turnin this 'game' into 'work' for me
and no i don't give a sht if u don't agree +) cuz for me this new map with its base/zone layout has become less fun than any other version.

I play the strat game, usually defensive, yeah the most frustrating aspect of the game even pre pizza, but was fun ...
Now with frontline bases numbering in the 10's and 20's its pointless.. and more frustrating than its ever been.

Lotsa guys would rather fight AI than human players.. not sure why they even playing online...
huge map.. everyone zoomed in on their little area, can't see whats going on 'over there'

Sneak in with the osty flatten town, grab an m3 .. solo capture..

ok one guy manages to see whats happening, calls for help, none arrives.  By this time town flat and the m3's are a rollin..

Grab a plane?? naa the flaks will eat ya alive, u have no time to setup an egg drop with m3's runnin, so its a suicide run...
Up a panzer? lol yeah right the town is so far from the VH you can forget hittin a moving target unless you are real lucky...

Current pizza base layout sucks
Current field/town model sucks for defence
Where I get my fun from AH... gone..
My subscription going going....  i'll give it a coupla sleeps til i get over my anger

SKurj

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 08:55:07 PM »
This one I give an 8:D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 08:57:56 PM »
Ah shyaddup, ya whiner.  :p

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 08:59:19 PM »
I agree Skurj

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 09:01:39 PM »
Yeah, Thats how i feel about the new pizza map, the AK's did a great job & nothing wrong, its a pretty good map, but its just way ahead of AH.

Do like I do, just play in the CT, Great maps, Great plane mach ups, and lot more fun than MA, even when there are no more than 10 ppl in it!

Not liking 1 Map is NO reason to unsubscribe though! there willl be many more great maps to come, kinda dumb to cancel account just because of 1 map imo.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 09:03:19 PM »
Heh gee it is a whine!! not sure if its my first but might be!!

The more anti whine posts I get the better.

There's no such thing as bad publicity :p

SKurj

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 09:13:40 PM »
ok Suggestions:

#1  Maproom moved back to field, town still needs to be flat
(i know this is someone else's suggestion, just don't remember who)

#2  VH placed in or much closer to town

#3  Get rid of this splitting the country for the zones(a country starts as one large mass of zones instead of this strange split)

#4  Smaller map, fewer bases

#5 When we get 1000players...  Zone comms to replace(or in addition) chnnl 2
the guys 10 sectors over, fitin for one base don't need to hear calls for help from the whole map

As far as #5 goes... where is the big increase in subscribers with 1.10?  1.09 brought numbers of 500+... not seen much of an increase with 1.10 yet.... (ok perhaps its because its the summer)

I've enjoyed 2 yrs of AH!!

I can't stop myself tryin to defend my team's assests I wish i could then maybe this stuff wouldn't bug me so much...

SKurj

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 09:22:47 PM »
Paging Dr Rude, your patient is here  :D

Just got into playing this map steady since I've had some computer issues.  So far, its not a bad map, as much as I'm a wee tired of the SAME map for a few days in a row.  Can't seem to find my way around yet but overall, its not as bad as what I thought it would be [based on the "colorful comments" I've seen mentioned here].

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 09:28:38 PM »
Don't forget to try the manable field ack... I've sprayed and prayed from very long range towards an almost invisibly tiny M3 moving into the town and managed to kill at least one troop.

The other thing to remember- maybe they are milkrunning, but so what if you lose that base, there's many many more.  If a concerted effort starts taking a lot of bases in an area, that gets peoples attentions and they start defending.

Plus, it's best not to make hasty decisions.  It takes quite awhile for people to adjust to a big change, and the Pizza map is a big change.  Everyone is working out how they will play this map.  After a month or so, then you can judge how the map suits you (since how other people end up playing to the map defines how you see the map... except, of course, for milkrunners ;)  )

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 09:44:34 PM »
I think with the new buff modeling,AH gameplay is now way ahead of current map strat...Now we need some targets for level bombing like a huge city at each base so a couple of formation buffs can carpet bomb 40% of the town in one pass and the jabo's can pick off the rest.Town size should be in proportion to base size.(eg..large base=large town)

Maybe tweak the capture requirements...

VH Base     :8   Troops
Port            :10
Small Base :10
Med Base   :12
Large Base:14

* 1 perk point for each troop that enters map room.

This might discourage milkrunning as 2 goons would be required for most captures(just like ol' Air Warrior)

I mean,all the meat an' potatoes stuff is there in AH to have some awsome strat...perhaps a little patience and tweaking the menu(map) will satisfy most persons appetites.

Just two suggestions,feel free to add yours.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2002, 09:57:23 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 09:56:30 PM »
Sorry....I made a decision not to pick on anyone who was having difficulty adjusting to a real map where real men fly...wouldn't be very nice imho:)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 09:59:54 PM »
For me the game still plays the way it always has.  Just way bigger.  The way fields trade hands a dozen in 5 minutes keeps me on my toes and makes the whole affair much more global.

I like it but can easily see why others dont.  But like skurj, I dont care what anyone else thinks.  Its just amusing, thats all.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline m0m0yama

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 10:01:50 PM »
fully agreed with skurj :(
Strategy has gone with old maps.

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 10:31:50 PM »
I've got the cure to your ills.  Just come and fly CT

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2002, 10:37:36 PM »
I'm not playing AH right now; it's just too dang boring.  I spent a couple weeks dragging myself into the arena to "give it time", but the end result is always the same....BORING.  Sure I can find fights (occasionally), but nowhere near at the rate I could in 1.09.

"a real map where real men fly"

So tell me Rude, "real men" are those who fly around an empty world killing AI acks and stealing undefended bases?  'Cuz that's what this map encourages.  Or perhaps you mean those oh-so-brave ("brave brave Sir Robin") souls who fly around with 5 of their friends at 30K cherry-picking halpess targets?

If you LIKE that kind of gameplay, then I suppose you wouldn't see a problem with this new huge map.  But I don't like it, and I'm not alone in that regard.

Agree with Skurj 100%

J_A_B