Author Topic: Wing loss  (Read 130 times)

Offline OnePunch

• Zinc Member
Wing loss
« on: July 18, 2002, 10:11:12 PM »
I would like to address the issue of wing loss in AH.
It has all happened to us but what really bothers me is the fact some planes are still controllable and continue dogfighting.
Now before some of you go on some sort of tirade about this and that think before you speak.
A plane whether it is a virtual sim or a real life aircraft suffering the wing loss that you visually see in AH simply would barely be flyable.
I am well aware of the tricks for most planes i.e rudder flaps etc but what bothers me the most is the behaviour the different planes generate when they suffer "wing gone".
I understand based on the different flight models of the different airplanes there would be a difference on how they respond to this.
But my point is that no plane should continue fighting with half a wing.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Wing loss
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 10:24:26 PM »
I think the problem is that the visual you see doesn't always accurately reflect the degree of damage.

Sometimes a rather minor amount of damage seems to trigger a big visual damage. In this case the plane remains flyable.

It's been discussed before, both here and in gameplay I think. You might do a search because I don't remember if HTC said anything in those threads or not.

It's just one of those "things" to me. Sometimes I get home, sometimes I don't.

Oh, yeah... you do use rudder and aileron trim to help out with wing damage?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
Wing loss
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 04:08:32 PM »
didn't you all hear? Luftwaffe planes didn't need wings tp fly,but they put them on as a decoy...