Author Topic: Confessed cheaters in Aces High  (Read 1944 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Confessed cheaters in Aces High
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2001, 07:39:00 PM »
Spies!?
How unrealistic!
There were never any spies in WWII, everyone knows that!

eskimo

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
It's THAT Voss ???  You sure?

<puts on Wersdorfer voice>

This is gonna be GREAT!!!

-W

Originally posted by AKWabbit:
Hey Voss,  Hows that flight sim comin?

Still looking for investors?

Wab

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »
I don't read a whine in there anywhere, HT. Just a statement of fact.

No, Larry, the ack that hit you was me. Then you admitted to cheating on open channel. It must be an open sore, as a lot of your AK buds have responded.

The rest of these guys (asses all) don't have a clue!

Offline mjolnir

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
Today, Preon1 used his 'roommates' computer to log in and find a CV one of the Bishops had moved from immediate striking
                 distance. Since, the cv wasn't in easy range, a few rooks decided to cheat to find it. Using a second account a defector
                 moved to the CV and spied for them.

Hey Voss, just out of curiosity, how do you know that Preon's roomie was sitting in the CV tower?  He could have been in any tower in Bishland.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »
Is it cheating?  Well the game does allow it.  Does it go against the spirit of the game?  I certainly think so.  I think Hobodog has the perfect solution.  I don't see what the hell Voss's past has to do with any of it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
Hey Voss,

How about some screen shots?

Dev update?

Comon man...
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2001, 09:22:00 PM »
Milk it Voss!

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2001, 09:31:00 PM »

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2001, 09:42:00 PM »
Oops, yes, HoboDog I didn't mean to include you with all the clueless posts. Your suggestion actually echoes mine in another thread (uncommented upon by HT), and I find that refreshing.

Mjollnir, it is a well known fact that you can highlight a players name in the clipboard roster and then hit the 'goto' button. He was the only bishop on the CV (other than me), and coincidentally, the only player with a team mate in rookland.

Thrawn, they are not capable of going there with you. Hate and discontent is all these tulips know.

AKLarry, I don't think you really meant to 'cheat.' But, you said you did. What you said was, "I got word of a cv's location, and acted upon it," or something like that. What gave you away was the fact that one CV was between you and the one you were after. You left it alone. That meant your cv locator was a defector. That's how I found him. As to your cover story: If your best friend in High School got the answers to the upcoming Calculus test, and you knew he had the answers, would you get them from him? Obviously, you would.

This action goes against the spirit of the game in a big way. Many of you have proven to be ruthless to a fault. You would sell your grandmothers last breath for a kill. In a word you are full of guile. I don't admire guile.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by aknimitz:
Alas, his Arado was taken down by ack, and Voss awarded the proximity kill.  Thats how Larry fits in ... what a pathetic loser.

NIM ... *cough* *cough* larry

Here's you "Whine of the week."

Pathetic is right. I told you I hit you, Larry. I told you your use of the Arado was pathetic, too. Worse, it's pathetic talking about yourself in third person.

If, HTC had the CV as a model category for expanded stats, you would see that I have at least thirty-eight CV kills and no deaths to CV's while flying the Arado. I have lost three to disco, and one to a 262.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
Promote Suicide, it Works!

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2001, 10:22:00 PM »
If you guys (opposing country) resort to hiding the CV up where no one can use it and you yourselves are not using it, I think you should immediately disclose the location of the CV.  

Having failed to do that, I think it is perfectly reasonable for a rook to defect and find the location and report back to the bishops the location.  Aint nothing wrong with espionage - especially when the game is being gamed.

Nim

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2001, 10:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Voss:
You would sell your grandmothers last breath for a kill.

I think most fighter pilots would IRL too, guess that makes virtual fighter pilots a similar breed.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
didn't I say it was a game?

ah well. i'd bet a dollar no one really cares all that much.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2001, 10:43:00 PM »
I profoundly disagree. Concealment of CV's is one of the main mechanisms whereby a country can be reset, and not necessarily the country that has "lost" it's CV.

In my view, a port capture, and successful "extraction" of a CV to safer waters is one of the most satisfying strategic elements of the game, possibly only topped by a deep raid to get it back! I've done both.

Many people had worked tonight, with good teamwork to achieve that, and to have it undone by Preon1 changing sides in order to steer our CV to his mates was pure "gaming".

I Hope HT implements the time limit on country changers operating CV's as a matter of urgency. I do agree with you that CV's should not be indefinatly hidden. I would suggest that a further refinement would be a 72 hour interval after capture, after which the host would award ownership of the CV to the current owner of the port. (or similar)

I note that you condone "espionage" but not Preons actions, frankly I think both are gaming, but changing sides to suicide a CV so your side "doesn't lose" is pure crap.

Fidd

Originally posted by aknimitz:
If you guys (opposing country) resort to hiding the CV up where no one can use it and you yourselves are not using it, I think you should immediately disclose the location of the CV.  

Having failed to do that, I think it is perfectly reasonable for a rook to defect and find the location and report back to the bishops the location.  Aint nothing wrong with espionage - especially when the game is being gamed.

Nim

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Fidd ]