Author Topic: Confessed cheaters in Aces High  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Confessed cheaters in Aces High
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
Damn, gonna have to open a second account now! (Fight fire with fire  ;) )

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Damn, gonna have to open a second account now! (Fight fire with fire   ;) )

You can but don't say it to anyone.

We all recall the Geeman scandal  :(
It was a sad day to see a brunch of so called adult ruin the fun of a little boy  :(

Offline the_hegemon

• Copper Member
      • http://127.0.0.1
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
From the reactions I've seen in this thread, I honestly see no reason for a time limit. Spies are part of LIFE and WAR right? Well, lets make it easy.

Yes, but at the same time, spies don't just walk over to the other side and into their command center, take everything, and walk back to the other side, repeat ad naseum.  It takes time, and it certainly doesn't sound very easy to do in real life.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
So sad, someone brings up a exploit and gets flammed buy HT and all you fools jump on the bandwaggon.

----

Yes spies were rampant in WWII. Its 2001, this is Aces High.

when a spy was caught he was executed, or atleast brought to trial. We try to "bring them to trial" via BBS in AH and get flammed.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Am0n ]

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by the_hegemon:

Yes, but at the same time, spies don't just walk over to the other side and into their command center, take everything, and walk back to the other side, repeat ad naseum.  It takes time, and it certainly doesn't sound very easy to do in real life.

....and?  Correct me if I'm wrong but, it's just a game right?  What difference would it make?  Nobody would mind, just "read above".  It's perfectly acceptable? Right?  Well, I'm with Rip, guess it's fight fire with fire lol.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Cita-fester-bria used to do this all the time Voss, when he flew for your country, NOW its a big deal that it happens to you?!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
If this is ok, then it surely must be ok to expose the other teams missions also...

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
Thats happended since Beta Maniac, where you been?!  ;)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
Did we have an mission planner in beta? no dont think so, my memory aint no good but i think i would remember that   :cool:

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »

There's already a network that spans all countries and reports the location of the "hidden" fleets. To the best of my knowledge these folks will report the location of a fleet to someone in the appropiate country if the fleet has been driven to a far corner of the map just to hide it from that country. If it's actually being used in operations it's location goes unreported.

LOL and you guys tell me not to take this game seriously.  A network of cv lovers lol.

I once had an argument with Booky and some other prat (obviously someone who had changed sides to get back the cv because he announced the location on open channel) over hiding the cv.  Well booky outranked me and sent the cv into a hostile area and back to the bishops.  Anyway, not long after this, the bishops attacked A10 with their recently aquired cv and pushed all the way up to the Rook mainland with knits on a parrallel course the other side of the map.  We were reset of course.

IMO the key to the reset on the Isles map are the CV's.  If you are in N of map then depriving the enemy of their cv, pretty much ensures the safety of A10 & A28 and lets you concentrate on attack, not constant defending every 20mins given that the ports spawns cvs so close to these bases.  

For every attack that the N country can make with cv, the SW and SE can make three due to the vast distance the N countries cv must travel to aquire range.

I find it difficult to understand that people who will gangbang a newbie in the MA, cry foul, when someone try's to use intelligent strategy to help win the war? Oh holdon, no i don't, there's intelligence involved in the latter.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac:
Did we have an mission planner in beta? no dont think so, my memory aint no good but i think i would remember that    :cool:

Regards.

Most did not rely on mission planners since there WASN'T ONE!  we did it word of mouth, which actually was worse since you announced your start field, your intentions, and your target.
  :cool:

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
Don't you ever wish we could all just have a nicer, friendlier sort of war.

:D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by rogwar:
Don't you ever wish we could all just have a nicer, friendlier sort of war.

:D

That would be a 'Gentlemens war'..(looks around in vain...nothing detected...back to spying, lying, deceit...)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Ripsnort you pulled the same crap but had the fortitude to concede that it unbalances the main and on your own stated you wouldn't do it. I can search and dig up the threads.

Anyway theres no spying in Ah because theres no risk. It can only be cheating. I don't care anything about cvs they die quick and are usaully just a nuisance.

But guarranteed the same "gamey gamers" that pull this crap would certainly switch sides to report on attacks and missions. I mean if they justifiy this as "espionage" then the doors open.

AKs have always been consistant atleast I remember 1 occassion they actual sailed a captured cv right back to the where it could be recovered. So of course they have np doing what ever it takes to get their useless cv back.

Search some old threads by the some AK's about "the type of community we want blah blah blah" Well fek it anything goes no matter how affects the community.

Spying get out here with that.......

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
Hmm... so you're telling me to swap sides and disclose information isn't cheating and it's okay to do so?  

Okay, I'll swap sides sometime and put your CVs into constant circles and then try taking off or aiming at anything!... but no I better not now 'cos that is blatant cheating!   :)  

Regards

Nexx
NEXX