Author Topic: US cannabis refugees cross border  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
US cannabis refugees cross border
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2002, 06:03:40 PM »
Originally posted by majic
I'm not a doctor or pharmacist so I have to ask:  Is marijuana the only pain reliever available for cancer patients or is this a thinly veiled attempt to legalize it?  (like: we can make rope out of it so it must be good.)

I know 2 people that use it medicenaly.  

One is the wife of an old boss of mine.  She had breast cancer and is going through chemo.  She told me it was the only thing that stopped the nausea associated with chemo. She has since quit smoking it (off the chemo)  She used to smoke regularly 10+ years ago.

The other is the father of a good friend of mine.  He's smoked his whole life though so he would be smoking it anyway.  He has M.S. (don't even want to try and spell that) I have witnessed it's affect on him personaly.  I have watched him, with my own two eyes, transfrom from a quivering mass of flesh to a fully functional (well 80% or so) adult male.  Why would anybody want to take that away from him?  He works has paid taxes for 40 years.

That's pretty strong evidence that it works in that capacity to me, but hey what do I know....

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2002, 06:09:12 PM »
eh?

I'm sure you could 10B. :)

btw....

British Columbia is ---------->this<------- close to decriminilizing soft drugs (weed/hash/etc.). Which is a bit of a step back for us, actually. Now there will be fines.... but they haven't charged anyone for posession in ages.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2002, 06:12:02 PM by Nash »

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2002, 07:45:36 PM »
I dont believe Dope leads to harder drugs. I dont believe that in small quantities it will harm you. I firmly believe however that Cannabis use, particularly among the young leads from experimentation and light use to heavy use. Because its cool, its mellow and everyone does it.

Again i use 15 years last 10 maybe 3-4 a day

I'm not depresive

Ï'm not schrizofenic

sigh some opinions make me depresive dough
:rolleyes:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2002, 08:00:57 PM »
Spook...riddle me this...why is there a need to spend millions upon millions of dollars battling the growing distribution and sale of a soft drug like herb, that you yourself admit doesn't lead to harder drugs, when you could put it all into destroying the crack trade, or the heroin trade?  Because our children might end up being lazy dirty hippies?  :rolleyes:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2002, 08:43:58 PM »
Imagine my surprise when I was cleaning out my Mom’s freezer and found pot! The most anti-drug person I had ever known. She was receiving chemotherapy for cancer and died almost 2 years ago. I was shocked to find that she was smoking dope for the cancer. Then my sisters informed me that it was the pot that enabled her to keep the nausea down to a level where she gained some weight and enjoyed her trip dream trip to Paris. She died shortly after. The whole time she was able to gain some weight, I thought she was recovering.

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2002, 01:46:51 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

2.  Where is a conservative pot smoker supposed to go for representation?

libertarian, dood

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2002, 06:50:30 AM »
It's trully bizarre that every hard drug is available medically (amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, alchohol, synthetics), but there is such strong opposition to bring THC into pharmacology .

Granted smoking it is a harmfull way of administering it, but could you imagine how much more expensive it would be if it was industrialized and comercially dispensed ($this is prolly the source of the conflict$) .

Of course the legislatures aren't going to take this cause seriously when the spokesmen are dudes in sandals with pony tails . The advocates of this cause need to get real becuase they have winnable, legitimate case .

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2002, 07:00:31 AM »
Schizophrenia is a medical conditon, not a psych. problem as it was long believed to be . You are born with a predisposition to it, relating mainly to the physical structure of your brain and it's ventricles . I'm sure that habitual use of marijuana will eventually cause depression as it desensitizes endorphin receptors . I would venture to say that like many substance abusers, habitual marijuana users many times are probably allready suffering some a degree of depression.

Todo con Modero .

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2002, 07:27:54 AM »
I would venture to say that like many substance abusers, habitual marijuana users many times are probably allready suffering some a degree of depression.

NOT

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2002, 07:34:35 AM »
Originally posted by Samm
habitual marijuana users many times are probably allready suffering some a degree of depression.

Only when they can't find any:D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2002, 07:26:23 AM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2002, 07:16:50 PM »
You just wait till Canada de-criminalizes it, it's probably not far off.  Half the politicians in Canada have already admitted to smoking it, and inhaling.  I hear there is another press on from within govt to see about dropping the law in regards to personal use and possession.

Canada could see a big vacation boom from south of the border when that happens :)  There'll probably be bus-tours out of Seattle to Vancouver to tour the west coast grass.... maybe duty free shops... winery-weedery (drink and smoke up)... weed-world amusement park.... US dollars at par :)

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2002, 07:22:25 PM »
Hehe the US customs drug dogs will be alerting on everybody . I would feel sorry for the inspectors, will complicate their job quite a bit .

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2002, 08:07:28 PM »
Somebody send Spook a fattie..
..with instructions.

The guys depressing me.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2002, 08:23:09 PM »
Originally posted by SC-Sp00k
You people are fooling yourselves and advocating its use to those who dont know any better.

Dope and Cancer patients.  I've no real complaint. Anything that relieves their pain is acceptable in my books.

Dope and its medicinal, non negative aspects however is laughable.  When you have years of dealing with schizophrenics aged anywhere from 13 and above who are heavy dope users, you come and tell me it causes no problems.

I dont believe Dope leads to harder drugs. I dont believe that in small quantities it will harm you.  I firmly believe however that Cannabis use, particularly among the young leads from experimentation and light use to heavy use.  Because its cool, its mellow and everyone does it.

When your a heavy user, it is my firm opinion that it leads to depression and in some cases, schizophrenia.

Sure some never show any symptoms of either problem. However theres more than enough of them to be found mumbling to themselves in public places, cutting their arms in attempts at self harm, etc etc.

Can Marijuana be harmful to your health.  Of course it can.  Look at any hippy.

It is my firm and honest belief that the schizophrenia is caused by being paranoid about being busted, by cops or parents or any other authority figure or another medical reason.

I've never seen any of my friends go schizo from pot.  I did watch one friend go from normal to schizophrenia from crack cocaine.  It took about a year, but it screwed his mind for life.  I watch many friends, including myself, suffer from depression from massive lsd and extacy use in the late 80's.  But I never saw anybody lose it from pot.  My case study is HUGE :D  I've known a lot of people over the past 20 years that smokie.

I would never suggest to anybody to smoke dope or use drugs. That's one of those personal things to me.  I don't believe in that kind of peer pressure.  Kids should finish school before they start experimenting with stuff, but what's the likelyhood of that happening?  Also I in no way advocate the legalization of any other controlled substance.  But marijuana being labled like it has been for the past 80 years is just plain stupid.  How many good souls have been locked up with rapist, murderers and all sorts of evil people over a freakin plant that you can't overdose on?  That's truely sad to me and terrorfying at the same time.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2002, 08:39:14 PM »
halaluja