Author Topic: US cannabis refugees cross border  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
US cannabis refugees cross border
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2002, 02:46:37 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Do the police test for marijuana use in the bodies of people killed in driving accidents?  Just curious.

Even if they found it, there would probably be no way to tell if the person was stoned when they crashed since it stays in the system for weeks.

Nevada is going to have full legalization on the ballot soon.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2002, 03:41:36 PM »
Originally posted by SC-Sp00k

Getting back on Topic then...

She broke the law. What ever state or Federal legislation it may be in the US, she broke it, plain and simple.

Many people are of the opinion that the people come above the law in the grand scheme of things. That because the Law is made to protect the people, that the Law then serves the people in a subserviant way.

People come under the Law for the greater good of the People. Yes, even the bad or insane laws.  What ever the reason. No matter how justifiable in hers, yours or my eyes, she broke the law.  If the penalty is 10 years, then until the people lobby the Government by way of petition or election, she frys in the big house like anyone else.

She is not special. She has no more rights in regard to the law than anyone else. She no doubt knew the cannabis laws along with all the other "informed" dope heads.

You can feel sympathy for her if you like. Dope Users unite! But eh, .....as the dope head said when knocking a packed cone onto the carpet.......Sh*t happens.

So no matter how outdated a law may be, how Draconian, and even how against the wishes of the majority of citizens, the law must stand because it is, after all, the LAW?? One hundred years from now the people of the future will look back on these times and shake their heads in amazement at how we handled this issue just like we look back 100 years ago and shake our heads at the general lynchings of African Americans in the South.

We HAD an election and the people of California voted to allow  the medical use of marijuana with a doctors' prescription. John Ashcroft had an election too, and he lost to a DEAD guy
 for Christ's sakes. Indoor growers get busted all the time in California, and the average first offense is a slap on the wrist and maybe a few weekends in County Jail. John Ashcroft is seeking ten years MINIMUM in a Federal Prison for these admitted marijuana activists in order to further his own political agenda. I'm still wondering how in the hell a guy who lost an election to a dead guy can subject the State of California to his personal will.

Exactly how is the criminal persuit of these activists "protecting the people?" Please, get real here. John Ashcroft is just as extreme in his viewpoints as the marijuana activists are in theirs. The fact you agree with him politically convinces me you must have been one of the dozen or so voters who voted for him over the dead guy.

sp00k, somehow I knew you would be the first one to state this woman deserves 10 years in a federal pen for trying to relieve the suffering of fellow human beings. At least you proved correct the assumptions I had already arrived at concerning your character.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2002, 04:31:46 PM »
the smoker i drink, the player i get.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2002, 04:47:19 PM »
this thread is tripping out on me now,  it wont let me to the 2nd page of posts!!!!!!!!!!  it wont even let me read all the posts on the first page!!!!!

I NEEEEEEEED IT!!!!! :D

wow now I only see posts by me and spook!!!!!

wth?

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2002, 04:47:57 PM »
lol
comparing pot to booze... please.

when has pot caused anything near the problems that booze has caused.  
the difference is that booze is legal due the money issue.
if the feds figure out how to keep popularity and raise money, it'll be legal too.

how many people are screwed up (or dead)

because of booze ?

because of pot ?

speaking for myself.  I have recently passed some serious health problems that pot definately helped me with.

as for short term memory loss, and other "harmful" effects...
huh?

no seriously, pot isn't perfect or necessarily 'good' for you, but it isn't even close in terms of damage to you and others as many other drugs.. legal and otherwise.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2002, 04:49:58 PM »
weird , same here Udie.. I just posted but page 2 doesn't show...

short term memory loss here ??  :eek:

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2002, 06:26:50 PM »
Ozark has a post here to.....Did I mention it causes blindness ?

LOL

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2002, 06:48:14 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
this thread is tripping out on me now,  it wont let me to the 2nd page of posts!!!!!!!!!!  it wont even let me read all the posts on the first page!!!!!

ok...be cool....BE COOL

gotta think...

How about...it can't be some form of flashback or hallucination...we both see it!

:confused: :confused:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2002, 08:28:41 PM »
carnivore ate it lol

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2002, 08:33:02 PM »
HELLO