Author Topic: Map/Strat/Realism whiners :D , can you say......  (Read 611 times)

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
Map/Strat/Realism whiners, can you say......
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2002, 01:14:36 PM »
I remember a few months back when the MA went down for about an hour or so, everyone went to the TA not the CT, I'm guessing because of the planeset.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2002, 03:47:30 PM »
Disable the icons completely. Disable them!

Maybe friendly id inside 100 yards.

In WB3 the MA was empty when that happend, 8 or 9 month ago.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2002, 09:03:14 PM »
Originally posted by StracCop
Is that what MA is to you, the happy arcade-furball-gangbang-vulch hunting ground? CT has potential for players who have outgrown the mindless arcade (MA).  All it needs is a chance.

Originally posted by MoonJuiceThe elitist attitude of some of the people in there is delusional - they are nothing special.

There ya go. MoonJuice is not alone in his assessment.  Told yas. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Czpetr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.virtualfighters.net
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2002, 02:16:07 AM »
I should spend almost all my time in CT if there are people. I still wonder why the CT is so little populated. Perhaps it`s time to bring something new into CT. How about a little different format than it is now. How about to make it a regulal historic WWII arena with the map divided into two "theathers" e.g. left side of map should represent European area and right side the Pacific area, both with appropriate plane set. It would need some new, non historic bigger map but I think it is worth to try it. Also how about to introduce the rolling plane set into CT? I think the people who like mixed/all plane set available at any time aren`t interested in CT anyway.

czpetr

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2002, 07:51:05 AM »
I wonder too why it hasn't caught on more.  Last Sunday during primetime CST, there were 441 in the MA and 8 in the CT.

For as many different opinions and preferences are expressed on this BB, it's hard to believe the community is so overwhelming singleminded in its preference of flying in the MA over the CT.   I thought there would be many more mavericks and rogues than that who would seed the CT.    Warbirds, with less than half the population online of AH, put 5-6 times as many flyers into it's HA regularly.   The CT seems to "click" on VF-27's squad nights (Tues/Thu 9 pm CST) but any other time its likely to be single digits.

For the record though, the idea of shutting down the MA and forcing everyone to fly in the CT for a week would be foolishness, on par with Coca Cola's decision to change it's formula.  It was a marketing fiasco for Coke, and so would an MA lockout be for HTC.

I don't think the CTs limited/short icons make much of a difference at all from the MA's full icons.   The CT has inflight dot radar, so whether or not I can see the icon, 80-90% of the time I already know whether an aircraft is enemy by a quick clipboard check.   Short icons present more tactical opportunites for disadvantaged planes, but I'd be willing to give that up to consistently draw 10% of the MA's population to the CT if that's what it took.   I can't imagine the icon issue keeping a player from flying in the CT.

The CT regulars are not an elitist bunch.   They're a small group, and channel 1 tends to be more much more friendly than the MA, but in no way are they snobs.    Its just a group of people seeking the higher level of immersion found with an historically accurate axis/allied planeset on a historical terrain.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2002, 08:08:56 AM »
tumor... I would say "take it to the Ct forum" but that is like making you stand in the corner with your nose to the wall... No, more like solitary confinement.  
lazs

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2002, 08:13:55 AM »
cc that.  Tuesdays also happens to be 880 Fleet Air Arm squad night.  So in combination with VF27 and 27th Sentai, we end up with a "critical mass" in there.  Then a bunch of other people are willing to come in.  On Thursdays, most of 880 end up there anyway :)

After reading this thread over the past couple of days, I tried the MA again last night.  A bunch of 880 joined me there.  I have to say, I just don't enjoy it.

If putting MA icons in the CT will make a difference, do it!  Individual players have options like friendly icons only and no icons.  So that's no problem to me.

Cya tonight!

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
      • http://www.digitaldioramas.com/
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2002, 09:42:11 AM »
Toad,

Yer GameBoy is callin' ya!  

:D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2002, 10:18:49 PM »
My, my.. what an elitist comment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!