Author Topic: Target Koreas reaction to arena announcement  (Read 385 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Target Koreas reaction to arena announcement
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 02:04:45 PM »
Interesting read.

Everyone seems to watch what HTC does with careful scrutiny before pondering if they should  ;)

Of course, we can PLAY Aces High.  There is no Target Korea game to buy/fly...its been in beta since??  

Seems they should foucs on getting a product/service LAUNCHED before they comment on what HTC's proposals will fail or suceede

But hey, call  me Kooky for pointing out the facts  :D

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 02:45:11 PM »
Who are these guys?  U mean there is actually ANOTHER flight sim out there?  I thought AH was the only one :D

I agree LaPaul, everyone else scrutinizes, criticizes, says it won't work, but before you know it, everyone else has it.  :D   to HTC

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 03:01:58 PM »
lol!  It turned into a buff gun whine thread!  priceless!

yes, I always get hit by a buff's guns when I'm 1.3k out and maneuvering.  :rolleyes:
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 03:35:26 PM »
*Shrug*

My personal best was a 1.4k deflection shot on my first bomber formation mission in 1.10, but the plane in question was at 4:00 high and not manuvering.  This was an exception to my normal pathetic performance.  In general I have a very hard time gunning in buffs.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 03:54:27 PM »
My personal oppinion on that thread is that it is increadibly bad taste for someone representing themselves as being #1 with one sim to directly quote an official AH development announcement (without giving credit... or even if they did) and ask if they should impliment it.

And this from someone that claimed to be a buisness expert.

AKDejaVu

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 07:34:48 PM »
"and it sure didnt take long for that bizarre dejavu to jump in"

checksix

hehe whole dang internet knows about our hall monitor.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 07:39:15 PM »
and dude you are gettin really bizarre.  they did credit it from the begining so your statement makes just no sense at all.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 08:12:18 PM »
Sorry towd... but "HTC said" isn't really all that.

It was an official announcement by a competitor.  It was quoted without saying who the competitor was and that it was an official announcement.  The only way you could tell would be by derriving it from the link or following the link and investigating things.

Once again... bad buisness form... especially from those in the buisness.

AKDejaVu

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 08:12:38 PM »
I love their logo.
I got the impression from reading it that they had allready anounced such a concept for thier game.
I will post a question in "Ask Funked" and see what the big fella himself says.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 08:15:23 PM »
I will post a question in "Ask Funked" and see what the big fella himself says.

He's not likely to be very coherent (even by his standards) over the next few days :)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 08:56:42 PM »
Ewww there was a screenshot from a Mac running OS X in there. Who let the MacUnix dweebs in???

palef
Retired

Offline Raffel TW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2002, 09:43:15 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
It was quoted without saying who the competitor was and that it was an official announcement.  The only way you could tell would be by derriving it from the link or following the link and investigating things.

:rolleyes:  AKDejaVu...believe it or not but the abreviation HTC is really well known and reputated under us flight sim junkies... and the link brings you directly to the original Thread.
First thing I see there is the Aces High logo so unless you are blind it is not exactly rocket science to figure anything out.
...investigating.... :rolleyes: ...but of course, if you think its that hard... each to his own...

Pongo: yeah, if you look at the screenshot in that thread it was originally posted 02-18-2002. Why should anybody with a sane mind waste his time to program a mission and strat editor if the code and concept wasn´t in place allready?
You can find the anouncements in the press section on the TW server. Sorry Pongo, won´t post a direct link here since THAT would be bad business form (AK take a note please).

I personally applaud HTCs move to an mission based arena and got me excited as a simmer even more like the first time I looked into Il2.
There seems to be a good thinking and planning behind it given from what I know from the announcement. Finally there will be an 24/7 S3 like arena going on where it counts to LIVE. And this is a GREAT thing IMO.

I will for sure reactivate my account if I can and check it out. And I am sure a lot of homeless Hardcore simmers will do the same. Sounds like big fun and I hope it works like they envision it.
A big WTG for taking that step to the HTC team.

cheers,
-raff

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 10:20:04 PM »
shesh they gave credit where is was due tinpot anyone who looks at it can see that .

you lied attemted to decieve then act like what you said in the first place was true .

dude your losin it.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2002, 06:44:05 AM »
target ware should berenamed vapourware :) 2 months has turned into 2 years, I have heard of underestimation but .....