Author Topic: Damage GRAPHICS....they are a bit dull now arent they?  (Read 520 times)

Offline aac

• Copper Member
Damage GRAPHICS....they are a bit dull now arent they?
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2002, 09:34:17 AM »
Hazed  in your picture the shock wave will most definately be past the camera lens.  If the game had all of the debris thrown up like in the picture with the number of bombs being dropped in a  normal situation now with 3 buffs, there would be such a cloud that you could not see the base for several min.

Here is a picture of a bomb school I put on and the exposion if 1/4 of tnt (and before anyone starts I know on my website it is mislabeled the ATF agents have already rode me hard about it).

I took this as soon as the command "Fire" was given and the blast wave has already reached and passed me and I was 300 yards away.  This by the way was just laying on top of the ground we did not bury it as in a bomb pentrating the ground.

By the way note the grey smoke at the top right, this is indicative of military explosives being used, civilian explosives are much heavier in fuel oil content and therefore produce black smoke upon detention.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 09:57:20 AM by aac »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2002, 10:21:38 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
so to my priority list:

1. sort out the CTD if you can.
2. add any new aircraft (these are always appreciated)
3. improve graphics for damage/explosions (partical smoke an excellent addition)
4. start a Mission arena
5. further refine the roles for different types of aircraft(bombers/jabo/fighters must all have a purpose and a reward)

ok toady?

Thanks... I'd think that would give HTC a much better understanding of your personal preferences than scattered posts about individual features.

In short, it's better input.

OK, Hazedy?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline jbroey3

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2002, 11:19:14 AM »
If people are getting 75 frames a second and up ( Ive gotton complete refresh rate limitations 85 hz) Fps... well... I most certainly think that the computer has PLenty of overhead to play with.

The Graphics level can be upped to a more modern "look"... and still allow for high 30's frame rates.

These guys with pentium II 300 systems.. and up to 500 mhz systems.. really need to upgrade. My gawd.. you can get a freaking athlon 1.4ghz for about 70$$!! now..

The standard now.. IS at around 1.3-1.5 ghz......   everyone should get on the same page ya think?

Oh,.. and goto http://www.pricewatch.com  Get a new motherboard,chip, and memory for about a hundred + 20 bucks... you'll have a system that will be 5 times as fast as the freakinn 300- 500/800 mhz guys..

It is true the age of aces high graphics is showing.