Author Topic: Mac guys cc here!  (Read 1384 times)

Mookie

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 1999, 03:26:00 PM »
Sorry...I'm not very cartoon oriented.

Can't you come up with a more positive sig...? You really aren't you know, (surrounded by them.) At least not here...

Mookie

I'm surrounded by boobs and tiggers...hmmm maybe I'll change my signature  

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 1999, 03:39:00 PM »
I have no idea why I am posting to this thread, especially after the beating the mac guys have given me, and I don't think I attacked them.

HTC has limited their choices of online flight sims.

Downtown didn't limit their choice of online flight sims.

How about HTC Makes enough money by pandering to us PC Guys the next year, HT hires the GOD of MAC Programmers to get AH up to Par with the PC version.

Then you MAC guys will be thumbing your noses saying "Nope you chose not to support us from the get go, now suffer."

The that self fullfilling prophecy from above still comes true.

Hitech if you read this are you hiring, I'm not even defending you and I am taking a beating, I usually get paid for that.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 1999, 03:52:00 PM »

How about HTC Makes enough money by pandering to us PC Guys the next year, HT hires the GOD of MAC Programmers to get AH up to Par with the PC version.

That's what iv'e been saying all along Downtown. But it's not a good move for HTC to put the cart before the horse.

HiTech

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 1999, 09:53:00 PM »
HT, I understand your reasoning, but with two competitors offering concurrent Mac releases within months of you going gold, I still think you're making a mistake. The Mac user would have to wait at least a year, if not longer, for Mac AH. It's too long ... too long in a time when we have alternatives.

Spitboy -SW- (sb-sw-)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 1999, 12:38:00 AM »
Isnt there an emulator for windows to run on a mac. There is even a emulator to run windows on linux allready (never tried it though). Beside for 700 bucks you can buy a pc and still fly.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon

http://www.geocities.com/~tltoon

Tigger

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 1999, 01:03:00 PM »
Well Mookie, I don't think it's all that negative of a signature line and like I said before it has nothing to do with anyone here, the fact that your handle comes close to part of the line is unfortunate.

I'm not all that toon oriented either (Would rather be flying a sim and evading bullets, but mindless humor hever hurt anyone) however I do have kids and that's how I picked up the words 'idgit' and 'mook'.

Had never put them together until one day I was driving down a busy street and made the comment "I'm surrounded by idgits and mooks!" after getting cut off for about the 6th time by some fool in a SUV, my oldest daughter started laughing 'cause she thought it was funny and it kinda stuck.

'Idgit' is from an old Warner character and 'Mook' is from a current Disney character and the ascii character is from a Anime series.

------------------

//=^.^=\\
I'm surrounded by idgits and mooks!

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 09-16-1999).]

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 1999, 02:48:00 PM »
Heya KB and Spitboy!

Am still in limbo meself, after the AW debacle.

Hope HT/Pyro and gang see the light eventually. If not, perhaps Playnet fer me.

Best to ya!

DamnedHorn

Splatfire

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 1999, 01:11:00 AM »
CC, multiple Mac Man here.

Not opposed to purchasing a PC and have considered it but I  would rather fly a Mac than cuss a PC.

I have a whole squad of Mac pilots going through withdrawls trying to find an online multi player flight sim fix. They have been reduced to reliving old battles through archived films and playing demos. Needless to say I am on WB but its disappointments has convinced me that it hasnt completely filled the bill for all of us and we are still in search of a place to call home. The winner of our aerodome in cyberspace will be rewarded with very loyal and longterm flightsimmers.

Also wanting to Say hello to  Horn, Spitboy, KB<?> and any other MacAWer's out there.

Really miss you guys from MacAW and the great warnights and of course the great final Battle of Germany scenario thanks to you Spitboy : )

Splatfire <=FB>= CO
the FIGHTING BANDITS

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 1999, 09:01:00 AM »
Splat! Great to see you-- if you are not already there, you may e-mail about 35 of us MacAW folks through macaw@onelist.com--if you have problems doing it, the owner of the list is AWFlames@aol.com.

Miss flyin (and killin!) ya'll!

DamnedHorn

chester

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 1999, 08:50:00 AM »
cc both pc mac

Gerzzz

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 1999, 10:23:00 AM »
MAC Here

------------------
Gerzzz < IV./JG3 STURM
gerzzz@warbirds.org
http://www.lixtop.net

Tigger

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 1999, 12:53:00 PM »
Yawn

------------------

//=^.^=\\
I'm surrounded by idgits and mooks!

Cuke

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 1999, 10:43:00 AM »
Yeah, count me in, and my brother, Zach.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 1999, 06:55:00 PM »
::punt:::

Well, since the beta's about done, is it time now to work on a Mac version?  

Quit throwin things!
I was just wonderin!

dh

Brick

Mac guys cc here!
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 1999, 07:38:00 PM »
I quote HiTech:

"Gentlemen as i've stated before we are not supporting the mac at this time. It realy dosnt make any econmic sense to support
                           the mac when you have an unknown product, and an unkown subscriber base size.All that supporting the mac at this time would
                           do is greatly slow the devlopment process and make our financial risk greater."