Author Topic: The Real Eve  (Read 3031 times)

Offline wsnpr

• Nickel Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2002, 02:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf

The way Heaven works is this- All us true believers sit around, play Aces High (and only fly perked planes) and get drunk on Mai-Tais.

The kinda-believers get to play Aces High but they don't get perked planes and they fire rubber bullets.

Non-believers are made to fly goonies and sit in field guns far away from the action.

Oh, there will be no Aces High staff in Heaven. :D

Seriously tho,wSNPR, don't you kinda hope you're wrong about the no afterlife thingie?

Seriously tho,wSNPR, don't you kinda hope you're wrong about the no afterlife thingie?

Seriously, no.

It is the idea of only having one shot in life that I treasure, to make the most of what I have left (enjoy). Because I see no second chances possible, I am against wars resulting in killing many innocent people all because we are too greedy to share.

Besides, having to deal with some people in this life is enough! :)
LOL, just imagining some of you all gathered around in heaven or hell arguing/fighting over silly things is quite amusing ;)

Regards,
wSNPR

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2002, 02:31:27 PM »
lol, ok MT. I'll leave with this.

Not too long ago, Sir Fred Hoyle, you know, the guy who named the "Big Bang" theory, said the following. "No amount of time now being considered by evolutionists is even remotely adequate to accomplish the formation of a higher living organism by chance. Such an event, he said, would be comparable to the chance that "a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from materials therein"!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2002, 02:40:32 PM »
No way do I agree to disagree, how about you disagree to agree!
:)

Serously though, I just like throwing out a bunch of what-if scenarios and see if anyone is more right than the other... or more believable.

I also enjoy arguing/discussing these things because I end up learning more than I did when I went into it.

I don't believe in God, but that isn't to say I can't believe a God(or divine creator) couldn't exist.

I just don't have any facts other than the few things we've uncovered here... I guess that is the bane of man.

To know it all, but know nothing at the same time. ;)

S! Apache.
-SW

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2002, 03:24:36 PM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf

Why bleak?  It doesn't negate the life you have lived.  You are still part of the universe.  The engery you expended during life, your molecules, still all there.  I kind if think of it as going home.  My component parts are still part of the greater whole, the divine millieu.

Now consciencousness for all eternity, that is pretty loving scary.  A bird starts at one end of the galaxy.  Flies to the other end of the universe and sharpens it's beak on a mountain.  Flies back to it's starting point, and begins the process again.  By the time the mountain is the size of a pepple, you still have an eternity to go.  Sounds like a nice recipe for insanity.  God, I don't see how anyone would want to be concious for eternity.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2002, 06:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by Apache
lol, ok MT. I'll leave with this.

Not too long ago, Sir Fred Hoyle, you know, the guy who named the "Big Bang" theory, said the following. "No amount of time now being considered by evolutionists is even remotely adequate to accomplish the formation of a higher living organism by chance. Such an event, he said, would be comparable to the chance that "a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from materials therein"!

Hehe yeah, Hoyle. Not to denegrate a brilliant man, but even Einstein was symied by the unified theory he kept trying to prove. Hoyle has an agenda too, but it has nothing to do with creation. He asserts that ALL organic compounds are biological in origin, and that everything that is here got here from space. Even today space viruses are causing mutation and evolution.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2002, 06:49:20 PM »
I just had a thought.

Everyone seems to be concentrating on the probablity of life developing on Earth.  What if we changed the calculations to include every possibly hospitable planet in the galaxy, what about the universe?  Wouldn't it appoach certainty?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2002, 06:58:43 PM »
Did I not say that... like twice already Thrawn?
-SW

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2002, 07:07:02 PM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
Did I not say that... like twice already Thrawn?
-SW

Oh, I don't actually READ any of the other posts on this board.  ;)

PS: My apologies for stealing your thunder.  These religion threads are all starting to look alike.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 07:10:02 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2002, 07:14:49 PM »
Yeah, but this thread had cats, the others didn't!

Cobra

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2002, 07:24:09 PM »
I had never heard the term "Sailcat" before.  My life is better for it.  That alone has made this thread worthwhile.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2002, 07:45:24 PM »
Thunder?

Shoot, it's more like a whizz-bang-pop kind of sound. Like those crappy new fireworks they sell in place of M-80s.

Was just saying though, I said it first. So there.

-SW

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2002, 08:03:32 PM »
We were at a wedding once and when the bride and groom left a seagull pooped on the groom's mother and the bride laughed and the groom's mom got all pissed off and called her a hoosie-ho who'd tricked her son into marriage and the bride said oh yeah? well maybe if YOU were more of a ho your husband wouldn't visit massage parlors and then it got ugly and damn I wish I had a nice slice of pizza...maybe with some red and gold bell peppers and the good kind of Italian sausage on it...some mushrooms...yum

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2002, 08:12:06 PM »
Damn, I wish you had had a video camera.

And for cryin' out loud, don't they have delivery where you live?

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2002, 11:50:18 PM »
What did 'God' evolve from?
If He/She did in fact not evolve, who/what created  'God'?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
The Real Eve
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2002, 02:50:25 PM »
The Big Bang created God.:)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!