Author Topic: payment options  (Read 1462 times)

Toughgun

payment options
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 1999, 06:25:00 PM »
I believe the AH boys know the $numbers from WB as they were the creators, and having said that I also believe they know the average $ per customer, with that in mind I would like to know how close is it to a $35.00 a month it is since thats what I average now only becuase I will not spend more noway nohow not ever (wife say's) and so it is done.
now here is a Q for Pyro and Crew how small or how big do you want to be BIg as in # of players and low revenue ? or Big in $$$ and small in Players. for example $35.00 per player per month say at 1750 total players ( a number I saw from another post) = $61,250.00 per month in revenue.... I f I ran a business with more then just me and 5 people..I would like a little more $$$ per month. but... it's not my company and maybe they would be happy with it  

A simple yes or no would do

Guns out.

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
payment options
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 1999, 03:56:00 PM »
AW is worse than WB, in terms of the game itself, most AW players will readily admit that. If AH is as good or better than warbirds and has a reasonable flat rate it will attract players from WB because it is cheaper and attract players from AW because it is better but not out of their price range. As a result you will get full areas and/or more arenas which will become a selling point of the game itself.  

TEKKO

payment options
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 1999, 11:53:00 PM »
Hey this hourly crap stinks.  If I were a millionaire no problem but since I'm not how about a monthly rate like say $10.00 ;>
If this game is all it seems to be from the page then alot will be drawn away from WARBIRDS and AIRWARRIOR.  Put your money where your Oxygen mask should be :>

------------------
TEKKO CO-=WARHAWKS=-
"Turn and Face Your Foe"

Offline 2flie

• Zinc Member
payment options
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 1999, 09:28:00 PM »
I enjoyed the comments of all the 'Net economist/accountant types. Was a great laugh. Pure speculation peddled as fact.

What I've seen is WB slamming AW for the game and AW slamming WB for pricing.

All I can tell you is that I'll go with the best deal: a great/good game for the right price. <I decline to comment on what pricing I will accept. The release of AH is still a ways off and the market can change considerably>  

I've read the comment that AW is outdated with no development. Not true, AW3 is only two years old and since then, a new game engine has been written to power two new sims from Kesmai; AW:Vietnam and AW4.

------------------
2flie
Suicide Operations Group
"SOG!"

Just another RR spitdweeb '97-'01

If the enema's plane isn't flying like you expect, it isn't being flown like you expect.

Strider

payment options
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 1999, 01:26:00 PM »
Many have made comments here about hourly pricing versus a flat rate structure. Some have advocated keeping an hourly rate so as to keep the riff raff or dweebs out.
I submit first that there will be riff raff and dweebs even among the well heeled. I would also submit that what will keep them away will likely be a flight model way too realistic than they could bear. It would be too hard for them to have more than a passing interest.
What could also happen with a flat rate plan would be a community of competitors able to deal with the learning curve and evolve into very competitive pilots with similar desires: to fly a combat flight sim that is challenging, competitive and extremely engaging. The former group would come from the exisiting WB and AW communities as well as a smattering of folks brand spanking new to the world of online combat flight sims.
(It could happen)  

Strider

skypi

payment options
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 1999, 11:01:00 AM »
Anyone look at Imagic stock lately, its doubled in one week and looks like it will again today in the heaviest trading of the stock in years! Glad I got in last week when we thought it was over for Warbirds, they are definately still alive and well.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
payment options
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 1999, 10:11:00 PM »
  Without going into the hourly vs flat rate
I would like to say it would be nice if us non US people could get whatever the rate is at par with US dollars :-) My $9.95 silver Wb account actually cost me $15.54 this month. That really sucks! A gas bar across the bridge did this a while back and you should have seen the line up he had! ;-)hint hint

------------------
Rosco
*Flying Aces*

Offline waleka

• Zinc Member
payment options
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 1999, 06:15:00 AM »
How difficult would it be to design advertising bill boards in your scenery and charge those clients? Could it be a possible source of revenue? Imagine flying your P-51 past a Western Hotel sign on your way to do battle? Is it feasable? By doing this, would it be possible to go to a flat rate system, or a lower premium rate?

waleka

LOKI

payment options
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 1999, 05:44:00 PM »
Seems to me we need two pricing structures and two seperate servers.  One server at $2.00 an hour so some members have their "community" and can keep out the "riff-raff".
There can be a flat rate of $10.00 to $12.00 a month for another server for pilots who are serious about flying but cannot justify the the hourly rate.
At some time the two servers can take sides (allied or axis) and receate a specific WWII campaign.  

It's just a thought!  :-)

Janne Hakala

payment options
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 1999, 05:05:00 AM »
I'd say flat rate!

Doesn't matter if it's 10 or 20$,but if AH
is going to include some strategic elements,
it's essential to keep it flat.

When talking about a strategy, it means lots
of people acting together and that means much
time would spent for gatherings and flying to
waypoints. Many (?) people don't like to "waste" their money just for flying around,
but if flat rate, it wouldn't be the issue anymore...

Just my thoughts

Janne

Offline SMERSH

• Zinc Member
payment options
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 1999, 10:42:00 PM »
I think any online gaming company which decides to stick to a pay-per hour scheme will be begging for disaster. It is totally incompatible with the idea of "fun" when a player must count the seconds and dollars passing by while online. It won't work.

One way or the other, the market will go to flat rate sooner or later, and a company will be wise to realize this.

Offline Beaz

• Zinc Member
payment options
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 1999, 05:41:00 AM »
I do like dekkers idea... it was first muted on the agw newsboard when kats started a link off... it does have alot of things going for it. What I would advocate would be that if you were shot down then you are charged .75c for a new aircraft... when you shoot down another aircraft you were awarded .25c for your trouble... if you could maintain a 1:1 k/d ratio then a new plane would cost you in effect .50c... its a nice idea that would force players to fly "historically" and carefully... you would see the standard of pilots rise through the roof. Don't know how practical it is though  

Regards

Daren

------------------
Beaz
249 Squadron RAF "Gold Coast"

"With Fists and Heels"
Part of the Tangmere Wing

Troyboy

payment options
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 1999, 04:45:00 PM »
 I have to say that a flat rate of somewhere around $15-$20 would bring me back to the virtual skies. The cost of WB has just been to high for me in these days of responsible adult behavior. The $300 a month AW days where good but they are gone and its not just me. I have six or seven friends that would pay a reasonable flat rate to play WB but at $2 an hour none of us can or will. We simply cannot afford it.
 I am keeping my fingers crossed that AH will offer something the other sims dont. A great game AND a great price. If AH has the goal of becomeing the WWII online flight sim that everyone plays then a flat rate makes since, but if the goal is just to keep a smaller number of loyal customers, then the hourly strategy may be what they have to use.
 One thing is for sure I look forward to flying against you boys in beta.    Poof

------------------
Troyboy
AirWarrior from 93 till just after Delphi joined the GEnie pilots. Truly the Best of Times

-Ireg-

payment options
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 1999, 04:14:00 AM »
Troyboy, you know that the actual platinum plan at WB costs 1.5$/h? They started to change price structure, something that the old company never did. And the software to give players FREE tickets for special events to organize big raids was already tested and worked.

The MA has more than 100 pilots again and more and more new blood is coming. And the new graphics engine for WB3.0 is a real blast. WB lives, others must show they have something that will live...

Cerberus-94th

payment options
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 1999, 02:49:00 AM »
Im just hoping that if i end up loving this game during the beta that i can afford to play it when it goes pay.

[This message has been edited by Cerberus-94th (edited 09-04-1999).]