Author Topic: Would You..............?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Catching Spies

• Zinc Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2002, 10:47:40 AM »
HT would have to make the game so amazing 10k users would be compelled to sign-up immediately to play. Otherwise "NO".

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2002, 10:55:09 AM »
well, that would make it easier...having a reason to upgrade that video card!

i'm in.

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2002, 10:58:10 AM »
Hate to see HTC go down same path Warbirds did when they jumped whole hog onto the graphics bandwagon.  Other aspects of the game suffered.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2002, 11:00:32 AM »
I'm there and waiting:cool:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Would You..............?
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2002, 11:00:40 AM »
lol SW.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2002, 11:30:46 AM »
>>HT would have to make the game so amazing 10k users would be compelled to sign-up immediately to play. <<

The game already is amazing. The question is wether or not you would upgrade your PC. IMO, why would it be necessary to do so? The graphic improvements since the beta are pretty awesome and do not hit fps as much as they could. Many would upgrade because they prefer the high fps but, the game is still playable at low end fps. For me, graphics are not what I would like to see fixed or improved; solid conns for everyone is what I would wish for, and I already pay more to connect than a 56k modem line (I use cable modem).

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2002, 11:46:50 AM »
I was referring to a serious graphics upgrade...one which would choke down systems to an extent that let's say you would need a minimum of a 1 gig cpu and a gf3 card to be satisfied.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2002, 12:43:14 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
I was referring to a serious graphics upgrade...one which would choke down systems to an extent that let's say you would need a minimum of a 1 gig cpu and a gf3 card to be satisfied.

I just upgraded from 500 P3 to 1.8P4...

When ever your ready HTC ;)
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 01:06:38 PM »
I have already upgraded but AH was not the main reason. Having said that I would also prefer that HTC NOT concentrate on eye candy until the game is made more stable and has less tendancy to CTD's and freezes. If you can't play, the eye candy is a waste.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2002, 01:08:11 PM »
Isn't a 1 gig, GeForce 3 a low end machine now!  I think so:)

Just looked at pricewatch.  Says an athlon 1 GHZ is $50.00 and GeForce 3 ti500 is $99.00.  If ya can't afford that then perhaps you shouldn't be spending the $'s to play AH and should be looking at a 56k connect at Juno!!  You should save that money to eat with, right?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2002, 01:14:15 PM by OZkansas »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2002, 01:19:44 PM »
Motherboards, cases, memory and power supplies cost money too.

And tell me, what's 99$ plus 55$? How much is shipping? Another 10-15-30$?

That's close to a year of AH.
-SW

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 01:22:27 PM »
And for under $400 you can have a new machine.  Now how much did you pay for a 450MHZ when it was the hottest thing around?  Well over a grand, right?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 01:28:03 PM »
I don't buy anything top of the line... I can't afford to.

I bought a 1Ghz CPU, 130$ EPoX mobo, and new case(with PS) just last October.

Had to use old parts->PC133 Memory, CD-ROM, Floppy, HDD, SB Live! and V5 5500 to have a complete system.

That ran me a little over 200$.

I can't afford much more than a low end GF3 at this point.

So basically, like I said... I can either upgrade my machine and not play AH (the point of doing that is.......), OR I can just wait.

Either way, HT said he's waiting... it's nice so many people here can afford fast systems. But there's many more who can't... and they probably constitute a larger player base than the ones with fast systems.
-SW

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2002, 01:31:12 PM »
Gaming has driven most, if not all, of my upgrades since 1988. I'm waiting to see what Doom 3 /Unreal 2 requires. I'm hoping my 1.9 Athlon xp and GF3 will be adequate with most of the eye candy turned on. As for AH, just like with "persicope" SVGA AW its the gameplay and flight models that have the most appeal.

Charon

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Would You..............?
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2002, 01:31:43 PM »
So the other question is this...do you hold up fancy dancy new graphics because some players do not have Ghz/g3 quality available to them?  Its a fine dance...those of us that have the power would love to see it.  Those that do not, well, upgrade!

I'd hate to see a great game not take advantage of the graphic cards & cpus that are out there.  "What about the guy who has a Pentium 2 300 ?" and such kinda thinking doesn't occur here.  Games, hardware requirements and spending money to upgrade are cold, hard facts in the computer gaming industry  :)

I love being immersed in Aces High gameplay.  The dated SVGA'ish look really needs a review.  The last few airplanes HTC has released really look very very nice.  Anxious to see what HiTech and the art folks have up their sleeves