Author Topic: Yankee  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Yankee
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2002, 08:09:21 PM »
Dowding, pass that red pepper over here please....Anchovies, anyone?

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Yankee
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2002, 11:11:27 AM »
But Elf, I’ve noticed it can be quite tricky to pair wine with the more spicy pizzas. Which red wine do you recommend?

Personally, I usually prefer a Chianti. I find the high acidity of the sangiovese grape helps counteract the acidity of the tomatoes and its low level of tannin complements the spicy ingredients. Also Chianti’s medium weight nicely balances the pizza, subtle enough not to overwhelm the cheese but hardy enough to stand up to the pepperoni. The wine's sweet, dark cherry and ripe plum fruit flavors and subtle earthy tobacco influences pick up the gamy, spicy flavors of the pepperoni, and the wine's oak provides sufficient structure without intruding. But, I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2002, 11:18:54 AM »
Gawdammitalltohell, what started off as a good flame fest has now contemplating PIZZA for lunch! And this on "Leg Day" which makes it all that much worse! :mad:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Yankee
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2002, 11:25:05 AM »
nah.. I prefer a dry Cabernet.. helps cut through the grease and it isn't as filling as beer allowing much larger servings of pizza to be had by all.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Yankee
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2002, 11:26:39 AM »
Well, I prefer a lighter Red like a nice Zinfandel. It's important not to overpower the flavor of the anchovies with a too- heavy Red like a Cabernet. You obviously are a gentleman of culture, myelo. It's not often one finds gourmet pizza affecianados with golden palates such as we obviously have. Let's go down to Round Table and ridicule the creatons eating extra meet combos and drinking draft beer on their way home from bowling.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2002, 11:29:18 AM »
You've not experienced real Pizza until you've lived within driving distance of New York.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Yankee
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2002, 11:31:54 AM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader
p.s. i never had a turrets moment , although my outburst at pyro was rude and threatening i didn't cuss near as much as aknapolean does regularly.

Who's that?

BTW, the best pizzas are the ones that are sold for fund raisers. They gots some good crust, sauce and cheese! Throw on your own toppings, mmmm mmm.
-SW

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Yankee
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2002, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Yankee
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2002, 12:18:35 PM »
When I got banned and never once had a private conversation with one of um. had never been squelched nor warned. freely admit I said some  very unflatering things about pyro tho. found out I was banned by a email citing their right to refuse service with no other explanation after playing and payin from day one. that is the way they run the place its their right . and probably the reason there are only a coulple thousand people playing what is otherwise a good game.

What a load of crappola

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Yankee
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2002, 12:32:20 PM »
I know who Super "T" is.

He's not all that scary and a HTC peacekeeping diplomacy aristocrat he would want you to believe.

He never lived anywhere near any remote goof thread topic place, even notable pizza cities like New York. DRip has.

He not so mean and masculine at all.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Yankee
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2002, 01:39:41 PM »
When I got banned and never once had a private conversation with one of um. had never been squelched nor warned.

It could've been worse.

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Yankee
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2002, 01:44:08 PM »
Gofaster, you have this thread confused with the first car thread. Get rid of that pic ant talk about Pizza.

Offline TWOLF

• Copper Member
STOP PLEASE
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2002, 04:31:19 PM »
LMAO ROFL :D  I just christened my monitor with Diet Coke!..  arrg! it's in my Nose.....MAKE IT STOP!  :eek: