Author Topic: Aces High D/load  (Read 541 times)

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« on: August 29, 2002, 06:51:55 PM »
In the process of getting ready to take to the sky. Grabbed the d/load, but when trying to install it I got the warning that a file was corrupted and couldn't complete the install. Bummer. :(

Anyone had that problem before? I d/loaded the game from the HiTech site. Wondering if I should just go ahead and d/load it again, or maybe give it a couple of days.

Suggestions?

Offline llyr68

• Zinc Member
DL
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 06:54:51 PM »
Go for it. Your're missing the on-line filght sim of the century!:D

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 07:08:33 PM »
Go ahead and try downloading it again: it might have got corrupted during the download.

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 07:24:09 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll give it another whirl! :)

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 08:53:35 PM »
Need directX 8.1

I had the same problem after I had been gone a few months and got the new version.     GL

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2002, 06:11:19 AM »
So I need to update to that version of Direct X before I can open up the.exe? Fair enough. Can anyone suggest where I can obtain a copy of that version? :)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 06:53:38 AM »
Pips, go to http://www.microsoft.com/directx/
Should get you fixed up :)
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Aces High D/load
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2002, 09:33:44 AM »
Keep trying Pips...and a premeptive welcome to Aces High!

If you like flight sims you made a wise choice with AH.

See ya up
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2002, 07:43:24 PM »
Thanks guys! :)

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2002, 09:08:35 AM »
Still no joy. :(

Installed direct X 8.1b, then tried to install the AH1104.exe It still cuts out when its 82% through the install cycle, stating that :

"an I/O error occurred whilst installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installtion file."

It then gives me the option of Retry or Abort. Retry doesn't do anything so I have to abort the installation process.

This is the secondtime I've d/loaded the Ah1104.exe from the hiTech site. Any one gots any ideas whats the problem. Can't see any point in d/loading another exe if the same thing is going to happen again. :(

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2002, 12:34:59 PM »
Use a download program to download it with, usually helps.

http://www.getright.com is good for it. If it still doesn't work after downloading with that send me a mail at "rasmus@avita.se" and We'll work something out, can mail it to you or we can send it via Mirc or ICQ.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2002, 12:40:26 PM »
Getright is a "must have".

If your in the middle of a download and the speed drops off to nothing you can pause it, reconnect your dialup etc.

I also use "end it all" to make sure nothing is running in the background on my toybox. And disable your norton if your running that.

Come on man, we're waiting for ya

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2002, 05:52:34 AM »
Ok, I've now got "Get Right" installed on my system, but am having trouble working out how to use it.

Does 'Get Right' work (as in run) in the background, so I simply d/load items as per usual? Or do I have to activate it prior to a d/load so that it is working when I commence the d/load? And if so how do I activate it? Can't quite make sense of the Read me. :)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2002, 10:30:14 AM »
Should see a little getright icon in the lower right. If you don't, go to start menu and start getright. If it doens't start when you push on a file in your browser it's because it hasn't been set up for that browser. Do like this, right click on the file you wanna download, chose "copy link address" then go into getright, under "file" you're find some kind of "add url" or "download" or something (don't have getright anymore), paste the link in there and push enter. Should starts downloading.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Pips

• Zinc Member
Aces High D/load
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2002, 07:42:51 AM »
Thanks for that Wilbus. I've got Get Right setup now, so I'll give it a try. :)

Not sure how it will turn out as the d/load at the HiTech site says its 32.5MB, but now that I've started d/loading via Get Right the file size is showing as 31.86MB.

Oh well. we'll see whats happens. lol. :)