Author Topic: CT up and running, ETO 1944  (Read 1804 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
CT up and running, ETO 1944
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2002, 10:00:02 AM »
I don't have a strong opinion about which specific planes should or shouldn't be enabled. But this is one of my favorite CT setups so far -- so IMO somebody did something right.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2002, 10:11:11 AM »
Sancho, you gotta be joking,  The Spit IX is perked???
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2002, 10:27:32 AM »
BTW, Spitfire IX is really deadly craft in skilled hands. No, I don't mean myself, but sometimes even I feel that I can kill anyone who meet and I do it

You're a good pilot Oleg, no doubt about that. However, just to point out... the Spitfire IX is deadly no matter it's a good pilot or not, very easy to fly and get kills in although a bit slow in level flight.

Karnak...
Spitfires really are horrible things aren't they. Why, its too bad Reginald Mitchell held on against his cancer as long as he did, isn't it?

Now you're just being plain out silly, doubt anyone thinks that. Spitfire is a beutyfull plane, one of the best looking planes ever produced.
You say you feel "left out" (or similair) because the Spit 9 is the slow of the 9's, well, then I guess you know what some LW people feel like about their porked planes (that have been proven porked and badly porked too).

Btw, is the spit 9 perked in the CT now? It shouldn't be... coming from an LW guy that's gotto mean something...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2002, 06:36:36 PM »
Wilbus,

The only problem with German fighters that I am certain of is that the Ta152H-1 is too slow, climbs too slowly and accelerates worse than it should and the Fw190F-8 is missing loadout options that it should have.

I have seen massive numbers of whines about the Fw190D-9, Fw190A-5 and Bf109G-10, but I cannot be certain of their validity, and in the case of the D-9 and G-10 I find them laughable.

To compare that to the RAF situation in this game is mockery at best and cynical opportunism at worst.

The Luftwaffe fans can take off in late 1944 stuff whenever they so desire and nobody will whine at them when they score victories.

In contrast, the RAF fan must take off in a 1942 aircraft (that is fudged just enough to give anti-Spit people the ammo they need to insist that it is a 1945 aircraft) and be whined at when he scores a victory.

The comments I see on this board and in the game make my comment about Mitchell seem quite representative of the opinions many players in AH have.  Talk to Soviet or Mandoble about the Spitfire and it quickly becomes apparent that they think the world would be better off if the aircraft had never been designed or built.  Luftwaffe fans complain about some of the characterizations people use against them (justifiably so ), but that all pales in comparison with the venom spewed at people who happen to like the Spitfire.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2002, 06:52:28 PM »
For what it's worth, I think the Spit in all its renditions is a beautiful and fun airplane.  The Spit IX was not supposed to be perked, and I've asked Pyro to unperk it.  As for the absence of the Spit XIV, I left it out because I didn't think it was necessary.  The Allies have a rich and varied plane set, and I picked and choose to try to balance things.  The inclusion of the 262 (which should have been perked) was done not for technological balance but to try to balance the sides number wise.  As the numbers have been very even everytime I've logged on, it all seems to be working okay.

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2002, 06:58:41 PM »
Changing human nature is somthing that simply is not going to happen. No matter how we analize it, Justify it, paint it, Their will always be dweeb planes in any flight sim, and IN AH the Spit will always be perhaps the dweabest of them all. The simpl fact of the mater is it is a superlative aircraft, one of the finest fighters of it's time and one of the most historicaly signafant aircraft of all time. All of its strengths are magnified out of historical proportion in AH due to the fact that the way 90% of all engagemnts in AH  play right to it's strengths.

Should we have another Spit in AH one that was more common in 44, yes I beleave in the interest of fairness we should.

Do I think we nead one? For the CT yes and for special events, even the MA, I realy dont think more will fly the spit if we get another later model, it will probably draw the same crowd.

Personaly I find the spit extreamy easy to get kills in, so much so that I feal bad flying it, does that mean I think less of people who do?, perhaps in the moment, but if I sit and think about it for a minute I realise how stuip it all is.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2002, 07:06:08 PM »
Hey speaking of cheese and dweebs, some idiots have been milkrunning for awhile and the germans have a pretty good foothold in england.  Can you reset for us?  We are planning some pretty interesting bomber ops for this evening, and I am sure the lw guys would love to counter them, if the map stays as it is, we will probably just scrap it and fly spitfires all night.  I am going to post this in the other new thread as well.

No offense to the morons snagging bases when nobody is flying, just messes up some interesting flights later.  If it were any other map it would not matter, we just want to try and replicate a 'real' sortie over europe ala 1944.  Not some mythical 262s take england crap.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2002, 07:09:27 PM by ergRTC »

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2002, 07:20:08 PM »
Then please remove the Spit IX from this setup and give us the more representative of the time period Spit XIV.  :p  This would have been a perfect opportunity to fly the plane in its natural environment against historical adversaries and away from the "it's a perk plane!  gang it!" mentality of the MA La-7s.

I can add some extra punctuation and capitalization to make this a whine if necessary.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2002, 07:42:21 PM »
okay, things are worse.  I thought I was a fool when I took a neutral base but in this case it wasnt me so I am gonna squeak.  Particularly when the ack is set so high.  

Can you get this reset before 10?  FLight is disabled for allies.

Offline Chanter

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2002, 08:23:40 PM »
I've wondered since I've been here (not long, 8 months) why the Spit is considered a "Dweeb's Plane".  People gripe and moan about all the Spits in the air, but if you spend a little time on the score pages, you may find the Spit isn't quite as deadly and easy to kill in as people claim.

Spit IX vs 109F4  -  134 Kills to 102
Spit IX vs 109G2  -  142 Kills to 101
Spit IX vs 109G6  -  282 Kills to 249
Spit IX vs 109G10 - 696 Kills to 669
Spit IX vs 190A5   - 328 Kills to 424
Spit IX vs 190A8   - 377 Kills to 436
Spit IX vs 190D9   - 545 Kills to 814

To me, the Dweeb rides are the glorious low production fantasy planes that have monster guns and saw very little action.  The Spitfire is not in that category; it has its weaknesses - the stats show it.  Everyone's got their favourite aircraft, and everyone else has an opinion of it.  We all know the saying about opinions.
1841 Fleet Air Arm

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2002, 10:59:33 PM »
I love this setup. But, unlike other folks, I have seen *many* jets when i was online.  Many is too much.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2002, 11:57:27 PM »
Chanter, stats are highly subjective, a lot of newbees fly plnaes like the Spit and the P 51 and the N1K2-J doing some not so smart things like trying to up from fields while beng vulched, being somthing of a Vulchers at times my self I can tell you from personal experance that most of my Vulches are Spits ,La 7's and N1K2-J's.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2002, 12:36:28 AM by brady »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2002, 12:20:08 AM »
Sabre ,

I am not asking for the Spitfire Mk XIV to be added to the current setup.  I would like some future CT setup where the Spitfire Mk XIV is enabled, but doesn't have to go up against hordes of Me262s because, quite frankly, fighting Me262s in the Spitfire Mk XIV is very much the same as fighting Me262s in the Spitfire F.Mk IX.

Thanks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2002, 04:58:08 AM »
Fighting 262's in any prob plane is pretty much impossible, still haven't flown this setup but I can understand that's it's frustrating to see loads of them.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2002, 08:15:40 AM »
Hmm.
The Spit XIV was in service at this time, so it should be there.
Now personally I don't fly the 262, to me it's the ultimate in boredom, I  don't think it's a dweeb ride because you do have to have some skill to be effective with
it, evidentaly I lack that skill.
Now people complain about the 262s, and how they can vulch a field, and their speed makes them unfair...................
It's about the same as P-47s vulching Japanese fields last week. The P-47 vs the Zeke is about the same differnce in top end speed, and firepower. as say the P-51 and 262. Also I am no spit expert but I did do a little reaserch on the Spit XIV yesterday, it seems there were 3 squadrons active at this time of the war. They were based in the UK to counter the V-1 threat from France.
So if it's added which I don't care if it is, are all you guys complaining about the 262 going to keep your Spit 14s over Blighty??
Of course not. Your gonna fly that Spit right over the nearest LW plane and blow his brains out. So why complain if some guy wants to fly the 262, over to an Allied airfield?
If you guys see a group of 262s it's a crime, but it's never a crime when your best ride is out in force against inferior planes?
Cmon give it a rest..................
If you dissagree with this post and want to take it out on me personally, I'll be the dweebo in the 109, or 190 Thursday night.:D